Call of the Storm

Options

Comments

• IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    While we're at it, can we stop calling characters "toons" please? I hate it. icon_mrgreen.gif Until we get a Jessica Rabbit character, they're not toons...

Never! City of Heroes 4eva!
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:

When you put them away, they are behind a "**** door."

Hodor_1x04.jpg
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lidolas wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:
    4) A large group of something is a horde. Example: A horde of enemies awaits in endurance nodes. To hoard is to gather/collect something compulsively. Example: I'm hoarding over 400 tokens right now. Get it right.

However, you can, and may very well have a horde of tokens.

Only if you hoard them.

And if you rent your horde of hoarded tokens to others, the tokens are now whored.

Only if you've rented them in exchange for certain... uhm... services. Otherwise, it's a legitimate business transaction.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    While we're at it, can we stop calling characters "toons" please? I hate it. icon_mrgreen.gif Until we get a Jessica Rabbit character, they're not toons...

Shut up, Biggs.

So here's another one for the list that just came across my desk: Say you have a hoard of 500 tokens. If you open them all at once, you are opening them en masse. Kinda like I just did at the end of the season! Again!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's no of in should've, too. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:

Shut up, Biggs.

So here's another one for the list that just came across my desk: Say you have a hoard of 500 tokens. If you open them all at once, you are opening them en masse. Kinda like I just did at the end of the season! Again!

You're killing me, brutha!
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    Yep, when I see this ability I always picture Thor calling up Storm on his cell like "whats up." icon_e_wink.gif

Call the storm? So...she's just an object now? You're willfully approving the objectification of women, you rampant sexist!
    This is a sarcastic post, please don't kill me.

It's the opposite, a term of endearment, she's not Storm, she's THE Storm. She doesn't play around, don't mess with her icon_e_wink.gif
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    But if we call it CtS we'll confuse it with Call the Squirrels, which is Squirrel Girl's secret power most of the forum doesn't know about (you need six covers in yellow to activate it).

You only know because Jamie Madrox told you. He's got seven, though. That casts Call of the Squirrels, which is a lot more powerful.

I wake crying at night remembering that awful squirrel's howl icon_e_surprised.gif
    And they said Black Bolts voice would hurt...
  • Unknown
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    There's no of in should've, too. icon_rolleyes.gif
    This so much. When I read "should of", "could of" or "would of", I instantly stop reading the post. I hate that one with a passion.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welcome to grammar school! This thread is so entertaining, please never let is end!

Just please never use irregardless around me...
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Let us all remember and never forget that those who post to this thread are not co-conspirators!
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Best thread in ages icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    So is it Thor calling the storm and not the other way around? Now that makes sense.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I couldn't care less about this thread. As opposed to saying "I could care less". Because then you actually do care!
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Welcome to grammar school! This thread is so entertaining, please never let is end!

I am angry with myself for laughing at irre...I am not even typing it.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Get ready to have your mind blown. I am dis-happy by this. I still say it makes you sound like a mouth-breather.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Get ready to have your mind blown. I am dis-happy by this. I still say it makes you sound like a mouth-breather.

Yah, i saw when they made it a word.. that does not mean it is proper to use it. I put that word up there with the worst tinykitty word you can think of, and have the overwhelming urge to physically strike someone who says it.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I exspecially hate ashphalt, but in the summer it gets so hot you can de-thaw your meat on it. I pacifically hate words that are a blend of two simular words, like flustrated, hugenormous or hugemongous.

More words I despise when misused:
    oirentated (instead of oriented)
    "Organic" fruits and vegetables... it's all organic, they need a better term, like PF (pesticide free) NH (non-hormonal), etc.
    "Don't know nothing about that"... double negative... you are hiding something then?

And contains the letter D. An is not a suitable replacement for And.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    I exspecially hate ashphalt, but in the summer it gets so hot you can de-thaw your meat on it. I pacifically hate words that are a blend of two simular words, like flustrated, hugenormous or hugemongous.

More words I despise when misused:
    oirentated (instead of oriented)
    "Organic" fruits and vegetables... it's all organic, they need a better term, like PF (pesticide free) NH (non-hormonal), etc.
    "Don't know nothing about that"... double negative... you are hiding something then?

And contains the letter D. An is not a suitable replacement for And.

Sorry, "orientated" is perfectly proper where I come from, it's "oriented" that sounds wrong.

How about "loosing" instead of "losing"? Or "irregardless"?
  • ronin_san
    Options
    The company responsible for games like Street Fighter, Strider, Mega Man, Resident Evil, UN Squadron, Magic Sword, etc....

A buddy of mine calls them Campcon. It drives me nuts. My coworker says things like "double verify" and "supposa-bly" instead of supposedly.