Call of the Storm

Now that downvoting has been removed, I can finally clear the air: can we please stop referring to Call the Storm as, "CotS"? There's no, "of," there.

Comments

• You made me go into the game and check icon_lol.gif
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    You literally just blew my mind.
  • But if we call it CtS we'll confuse it with Call the Squirrels, which is Squirrel Girl's secret power most of the forum doesn't know about (you need six covers in yellow to activate it).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    literally earlier today I posted in a thread, typed cots, and submitted and when playing later thought to myself...there's no 'of', that's weird. why do they type the O then... all I can think of is the similarities of rotp? funny you post this today.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    But if we call it CtS we'll confuse it with Call the Squirrels, which is Squirrel Girl's secret power most of the forum doesn't know about (you need six covers in yellow to activate it).

You only know because Jamie Madrox told you. He's got seven, though. That casts Call of the Squirrels, which is a lot more powerful.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Yep, when I see this ability I always picture Thor calling up Storm on his cell like "whats up." icon_e_wink.gif
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Calm down Wonko, turns out this is not a thread about nerfing 3Thor after all icon_e_smile.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just a thought... rename the thread to the proper power name!
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    While we're at it, can we stop calling characters "toons" please? I hate it. icon_mrgreen.gif Until we get a Jessica Rabbit character, they're not toons...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    haha I usually call it "Call to the Storm."
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    While we're at it, can we stop calling characters "toons" please? I hate it. icon_mrgreen.gif Until we get a Jessica Rabbit character, they're not toons...

Leftover vernacular from the old Everquest days.. i do it without even realizing it.
  • tanis3303 wrote:
    Yeah-yeah! and DDQ must be DDQ, not DPQ or DPD icon_rolleyes.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    If we're opening this particular can of worms, then please stand aside for my laundry list:

1)
    Now that downvoting has been removed, I can finally clear the air: can we please stop referring to Call the Storm as, "CotS"? There's no, "of," there.

Yes. Good god, yes.

2)
    tanis3303 wrote:

My nipples almost flew off, I was so excited to see someone else thinks this way.

3) Patch's red power is "Best There Is," not "The Best There Is." BTI, not TBTI. Please.

4) A large group of something is a horde. Example: A horde of enemies awaits in endurance nodes. To hoard is to gather/collect something compulsively. Example: I'm hoarding over 400 tokens right now. Get it right.

5) Scarlet Witch appears in the game. Scarlett Johansson plays Black Widow in the Avengers films, but does not appear in the game.

6) Read this comic. Learn it. Live it.

NINJA EDIT:

Holy ****, I almost forgot a real tittie-twister: It's "all of a sudden," not "all of the sudden." Urgh.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love this thread forever.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    4) A large group of something is a horde. Example: A horde of enemies awaits in endurance nodes. To hoard is to gather/collect something compulsively. Example: I'm hoarding over 400 tokens right now. Get it right.

However, you can, and may very well have a horde of tokens.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    El Satanno wrote:

Only if you hoard them.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Buret0 wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

Only if you hoard them.

And if you rent your horde of hoarded tokens to others, the tokens are now whored.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lidolas wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

Only if you hoard them.

And if you rent your horde of hoarded tokens to others, the tokens are now whored.

You crazy imbeciles! Stop now! You'll create a singularity!
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lidolas wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

Only if you hoard them.

When you put them away, they are behind a "**** door."
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dauthi wrote:
    Yep, when I see this ability I always picture Thor calling up Storm on his cell like "whats up." icon_e_wink.gif

Call the storm? So...she's just an object now? You're willfully approving the objectification of women, you rampant sexist!
    This is a sarcastic post, please don't kill me.