R76 issue - Please read if you play on multiple devices

Comments

• DEWDuck
    DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Before I knew about this, I hit 845 and stayed there, but did not receive 800 reward for colossus pvp. I hope this gets fixed quickly, as losing out on rewards is not acceptable.

And saying we either have to play on one device are hope it saves progress is a bunch of ****. It is your hardware and software making these errors.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    FYI - I was playing with this last night as I played for a couple hours on my tablet and wanted to make sure it was synched to my phone before going to bed and couldn't get it to save, no matter how many prologue missions or preferences adjustments I made. At first, the "save to facebook" option had a checkmark next to it, but after a hard restart I noticed that it had been unchecked. I clicked the button and then played the very first prologue mission and everything saved over just fine.

On a slightly humorous aside - I had a glitch on the DDQ last week where I cleared it all and then when I came back they all showed no progress and my purple falcon cover was gone. CS resolved my ticket yesterday. Guess what got lost yesterday, less than an hour after receiving it? This game really doesn't want me to have that purple falcon cover. Here goes another ticket....
  • DEWDuck
    UPDATE: We've isolated the issue, determined that a fix can't be made in a patch and requires a game update, and have the fix in hand. We're working to get it approved and available on the app store/Google Play as quickly as possible.

You should see a message and help item explaining the bug and the workaround in game shortly.

Events that are running on Thursday require R76. So it's possible that R76 will become a required update before the fix is available. Our choices were to shut down the event schedule or to continue with this bug present, and given the proportion of players affected and the existence of a workaround, we think it makes the most sense to continue.

So until it is convenient we have to worry about having or progress screwed over? ****?
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    DEWDuck wrote:
    So until it is convenient we have to worry about having or progress screwed over? ****?

They have told you about the problem. They have told you about how to temporarily deal with the problem. Support will get you back lost progress covers. They are working on getting a patch loaded as quickly as possible.

I don't really know how they could be any more transparent or helpful in this situation. I really don't.

[missing down vote]
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    udonomefoo wrote:
    FYI - I was playing with this last night as I played for a couple hours on my tablet and wanted to make sure it was synched to my phone before going to bed and couldn't get it to save, no matter how many prologue missions or preferences adjustments I made. At first, the "save to facebook" option had a checkmark next to it, but after a hard restart I noticed that it had been unchecked. I clicked the button and then played the very first prologue mission and everything saved over just fine.

On a slightly humorous aside - I had a glitch on the DDQ last week where I cleared it all and then when I came back they all showed no progress and my purple falcon cover was gone. CS resolved my ticket yesterday. Guess what got lost yesterday, less than an hour after receiving it? This game really doesn't want me to have that purple falcon cover. Here goes another ticket....

There's another issue that we're working on that it sounds like you ran into, which interacts with this one in a nasty way. Sometimes the "save to Facebook" option becomes unchecked when updating to R76 (sometimes on one device and not the other, which can cause the other device to uncheck that box when transferring devices). If anyone else is having difficulty getting the save to sync across devices with the original advice of toggling a notification preference, check that this box is checked on all of the devices you're using.

I'll update the opening post with this information. Thanks very much for the FYI.

The update that fixes this is about to move from testing to approval.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Will, can we get a list of what actions will (and won't) definitely synch with the servers so we can make a point of doing one before we switch devices? If this isn't going to get fixed for a week I don't want to have to jump into the prologue every time I switch devices.

Toggling a notification preference (click on the gear in the upper left, click on one of the checkboxes under "NOTIFICATIONS", then close the options window), is the quickest way to trigger another save.
    I have tried this and it still did not map over. I changed all notifications beat a prologue logged off logged on changed my notifications again logged off and went to my phone. I did not have any of my PVE done. I waited till I got home and it was still on my tablet. All my devices are IOS
  • I'm so mad right now. Why the **** didn't they say this could happen on Steam also???? I've just lost 400 points on pvp, the cover I needed on Deadpool Dailies, as well as a whole pve section. So about 4 hours of my time has been wasted and now I can't bothered to redo it all. I sent an email to support but I expect I'll get the same response as usual - absolutely nothing.
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    I don't think there really is a workaround at the moment regardless of what Will has posted so far. I've followed all the instructions on how to force save and checking that the facebook save backup was checked but none of that worked syncing my tablet and my phone. End result, I got my 2 Psylocke rewards and 50 HP in my tablet but the ISO and HP I gained while I was climbing on my phone have not transferred over. I checked my phone and it has more ISO, HP and saved up DDQ tokens than the one in my tablet. I decided to just keep the version in my phone because even if I could eventually get it to sync, what if the version on my tablet overwrites the one in my phone? icon_eek.gif

I suggest the OP is modified to just say to play on one device as it's misleading to players to think that you can effectively sync two devices without screwing something up.
  • DEWDuck
    Buret0 wrote:
    DEWDuck wrote:

They have told you about the problem. They have told you about how to temporarily deal with the problem. Support will get you back lost progress covers. They are working on getting a patch loaded as quickly as possible.

I don't really know how they could be any more transparent or helpful in this situation. I really don't.

[missing down vote]

You are missing my point. They have a work around they are just choosing to not take care of it at this time as it is not convenient to their time frame.

Heres an analogy that you might understand:

Your buy a brand new car, it breaks down, you call the dealership and they tell you, "yeah we found out that might happen. We will fix it, but not until all our mechanics have had their vacation time. So what you will have to do in the meantime is come back every night and make sure it is still there until we can come and get it. Not sure when that will be, but at least we let you know."
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    DEWDuck wrote:
    You are missing my point. They have a work around they are just choosing to not take care of it at this time as it is not convenient to their time frame.

Heres an analogy that you might understand:

Your buy a brand new car, it breaks down, you call the dealership and they tell you, "yeah we found out that might happen. We will fix it, but not until all our mechanics have had their vacation time. So what you will have to do in the meantime is come back every night and make sure it is still there until we can come and get it. Not sure when that will be, but at least we let you know."

So let's reframe that into something that's more applicable. You buy a brand new car (the game). The new car offers a neat cloud sync feature (Facebook backup) that allows you to contact your MP3 (or FLAC, whatever) collection remotely. The cloud sync feature breaks due to a server-side update and you're inconvenienced by the inability to access the remote content, but your ability to drive your vehicle is not impacted. The *manufacturer* acknowledges the issue and identifies the fix, but cannot deploy it for a few days so you're forced to stream local content from your mobile device via bluetooth (local save).

While I'm also annoyed at the loss of function, I am not prevented from using the game. Why so many in-game issues are treated as though it's a failure of lifeline services is completely beyond me. Perspective, people!
  • DEWDuck
    That is a good analogy, but it is the constant problems that are getting annoying.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    DEWDuck wrote:

Wha? The workaround is using one device or forcing cloud saves before switching (which doesn't seem very effective, unfortunately). The only way for the devs to fix anything on their end is to push out a client update through the App Store and Play Store, and those are dependent on Apple/Google approval before they get to us -- which is where the holdup is at this point, since he said yesterday the fix was heading to deployment.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Looks like there's an update to fix the issue. To the App Store!
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    They may have fixed the issue with syncing between devices with this update, I played a match on Steam then went to my phone and it showed I had played that match, but don't go by what I say because they haven't made an official announcement yet
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    xdogg wrote:
    They may have fixed the issue with syncing between devices with this update, I played a match on Steam then went to my phone and it showed I had played that match, but don't go by what I say because they haven't made an official announcement yet

Yeah, I downloaded the update from the App store, but they appear to have left in the warning message when you load the game. Confusing.
  • Random question:

How are people getting their tickets responded to (and actually resolved favorably) so quickly? icon_eek.gif

DBC
  • got the update on my phone but not on my ipad even after reinstalling.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Hey -- this appears to be back.

I opened my two 10-packs and pulled a Professor X I needed and applied it today... From my phone. I played two matches in Balance of Power, and hard-closed the app.

I logged in to my iPad tonight. Played another match in BOP. Points in BOP there, but my tokens are still there unopened. My Professor X is missing the cover applied.
    I hard closed the app on IPad, and have opened it on my phone. Took screenshots, because my Professor X still has his cover here on the phone.
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Wobby wrote:

I opened my two 10-packs and pulled a Professor X I needed and applied it today... From my phone. I played two matches in Balance of Power, and hard-closed the app.

I logged in to my iPad tonight. Played another match in BOP. Points in BOP there, but my tokens are still there unopened. My Professor X is missing the cover applied.
    I hard closed the app on IPad, and have opened it on my phone. Took screenshots, because my Professor X still has his cover here on the phone.
    This has been happening to me as well.
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Wobby wrote:

This has been happening to me as well.

Yep - this hit me after the first sub of EotS... got the EotS sub individual rewards delivered to my phone and the Alliance rewards delivered to my tablet 3 hours later. Lost 19k ISO, health packs, an EotS token and maybe some HP as the tablet state overwrote the previous 2 weeks of phone gaming I'd been doing.

Ticket filed with support, but the last response I got was that my case was being escalated for review.