Facebook link after recent patch.

Comments

• Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    has anyone opened a ticket yet?

Edit: Thanks for getting right on this guys...should we just hold off trying to progress until you have it sorted out?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    mags1587 wrote:
    Malcrof, you're lucky. I did the same thing you did and it worked for a couple hours, then it logged me out of facebook on both my phone and tablet again.

I see they addressed it officially.. I don't bring my tablet to work, so no way of seeing if it is still working.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    cynder9792 wrote:
    Edit: Thanks for getting right on this guys...should we just hold off trying to progress until you have it sorted out?

At this point, I am not sure. Every instance of it appears to be around switching devices right now. I would hold off on playing on multiple devices until more is known about it.

If you received or redeemed a cover or invested resources into a character, I would take a screenshot to ensure that you can properly taken care of if the save does not work properly.
  • Philly79
    cynder9792 wrote:

At this point, I am not sure. Every instance of it appears to be around switching devices right now. I would hold off on playing on multiple devices until more is known about it.

If you received or redeemed a cover or invested resources into a character, I would take a screenshot to ensure that you can properly taken care of if the save does not work properly.

Thank you for the reply, I only have my android phone at work so I am assuming it is safe to play on that as long as my save is backed up on Facebook. At this point I have only lost the alliance reward token from last nights slice and the alliance iso reward from that sub event, not sure if the token and or iso I earned last night when the sub event ended stuck either. I have no way to take a screen shot of these since they sort of vanished, I cashed in my top 50 token last night when I got it. My alliance rewards (iso & placement token) were awarded this morning when I first started and cashed in the token along with the earned taco tokens. When I started at work I did not receive the alliance rewards again.

When I stopped playing before leaving for work everything was as it should have been. When I started my game at work it was as if I stopped playing last night when the sub ended - no Hulk cover, no progress through the main event (A New Ally & Hidden Stash: Greenland) and no progress in the Hulk sub event (which I had an almost complete run through), no nodes completed in DDQ (Dat Required Character & Big Enchilada) although I had the points that I had earned for the three completed nodes. I have since gone through the main Hulk nodes and regained my Hulk cover, gone through DDQ and regained my Sentry cover (lucky there were no Tiatsu's) and all subsequent rewards.

Sorry to be long winded but just want to give you guys all of the info I have so it can be sorted out - and maybe one of the most wanted covers from my signature for the trouble? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I too am having this issue. It sucks to have this happen when you're trying to place top 10 etc.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Thanks to all for your reports on this issue. We have identified the issue internally and are working on the fix. For the time being, please refer to Will's post (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29774). All missing covers/progress should be submitted to customer support (https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... quests/new).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks to all for your reports on this issue. We have identified the issue internally and are working on the fix. For the time being, please refer to Will's post (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29774). All missing covers/progress should be submitted to customer support (https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... quests/new).

Thank you for the amazingly fast response to this! Very much appreciated!
  • Philly79
    Thanks for finding the bug and addressing the issue in such a timely fashion....Hulk smash bugs... icon_lol.gif
  • frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Malcrof wrote:
    I fixed mine on my own. With the save game file being changed with the patch, i thought that was the issue, so i completely uninstalled it from my tablet, played a couple rounds on my phone to ensure a fresh save, re-installed on my tablet, went through tutorial, and loaded my game after.

Worked perfectly.

Hope this helps!
    This didn't help me; I lost everything on my tablet and it won't retrieve the data from my phone icon_e_sad.gif
  • frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    cynder9792 wrote:

Ugh I should have thought of that before uninstalling on my iPad icon_e_sad.gif
  • Pentagoon
    Pentagoon Posts: 98
    Normally I wouldn't sweat that my account link between device isn't syncing - a little ISO here or there, whatever. BUT I hit the mother lode on a 10-pack last night (7x Gold) on my iPad and when I'm on my Galaxy S3 today, my progress in the PVP is there, but my covers are long gone. I'll see what I can pull up on my iPad tonight and pray that those covers are still there so I can get them credited once this gets sorted out. In the meantime, I'll only play on my **** old phone so I can at least be mobile.

Thanks for the fast response, but come on.... this probably should have gotten caught by Unit tests or in regression testing prior to go-live.... anyone in your org that's pushing for delivery over code quality needs to eat some crow.
  • Noticed this on my phone, tried to link to facebook, no change. Proceeded to uninstall, reinstall, walk through the tutorial and facebook link again. Didn't recover (and based on the above, I guess it shouldn't). The real question is, is my save at home on my tablet still good if I try to link that back to facebook, or will this zero cover new install overwrite it? Or is the bug simply that facebook saves are temporarily broken? Assuming that's the case, once it's fixed, what's the proper procedure to ensure that the real version of my save is preserved and synced across both devices?
  • Noticed this on my iPhone at work after updating, so I tried to relink to facebook to no avail. Blew away the install, reinstalled, and still nada after the facebook link (which, based on the thread above, seems to be the bug). I have my good save with my covers and roster slots at home on my android tablet, and I have this broken save on my iphone. Once this is patched, how I can ensure my good save gets synched properly across both devices?
  • Philly79
    Well said, along those lines I just noticed that my pvp progression for getting to 3500 is not checked off although I am at 3576 atm...man I am glad I didn't get my 10 pack last night prior to catching this...

Edit: just got home from work, played a DD lightning round got 25 progress points, toggled a setting in the options and made sure I was saved. Logged out on my phone and shut it off, started my tablet and most was accurate except I lost over 8,000 iso but somehow gained a standard token? I had 102,971 iso and 15 standard tokens - now on both devices I have 16 std tokens and 94,823 iso - come on guys this should have been tested prior to going live...8,148 iso just disappearing in a matter of minutes is ridiculous.

Edit2: after uninstalling from my tablet and reinstalling still the same issues. I did forget that after I won the Hulk cover last night I leveled him up to 78 and probably spent some iso in the sub event and pvp before I went to bed but just looked at DDQ and saw that "That guy from that place" and "Third times a charm" were not done so I proceeded to do "third times" (again) and did earn the 1000iso reward but did not get the progress points so I looked when I went back to the menu and I was already at 15000 so I can not earn the 2kiso for completing (again) so that may account for some of my missing iso...just trying to have as much documented proof to hopefully help sort this out. Also I checked my season progress as noted above that the 3500 reward was not checked off but now it is. Not even gonna attempt to go for the 10-pack until this mess get sorted out. See below that some data is synching, I have 15000 points but there is still an available node "That guy from that place":
    IMG_20150519_174531_zpsgoskyjd0.jpg
  • Philly79
    still experimenting if any mods are watching...I updated my tablet first last night, then my phone. I finished on my tablet last night and started on that this morning so it seems the first device you updated/ played on after the update is the main device that maintains the save as the workaround is not working, at least for me. My most recent was I gained 109 points in the Captain America lightning round, toggled some settings to ensure a save then exited. Started my phone and the lightning round has the "new" tag on it so I entered it and I have 109 points but iso and tokens are not synched. Just trying to help give input to get this solved as fast as possible as it is equivalent to the down time experienced during the Ultron event which was also a pita when you are working with time frames.
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    HRRMute wrote:
    Noticed this on my phone, tried to link to facebook, no change. Proceeded to uninstall, reinstall, walk through the tutorial and facebook link again. Didn't recover (and based on the above, I guess it shouldn't). The real question is, is my save at home on my tablet still good if I try to link that back to facebook, or will this zero cover new install overwrite it? Or is the bug simply that facebook saves are temporarily broken? Assuming that's the case, once it's fixed, what's the proper procedure to ensure that the real version of my save is preserved and synced across both devices?

This is my concern. I did a reinstall of the game (because of issues not related to the game) and my account on the device is wiped. My Facebook save obviously didn't pull down. Now I'm afraid to use my tablet (which hopefully still has my save) nor can I participate in any of the events.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Hey all,

For those of you are reporting that the work around is not working, can you confirm that the "Save to Facebook" button is selected in the options menu on both devices? Once you have the option selected, you will have to make sure it is saved properly to the server.

A way to test to see if the "Save to Facebook" is properly saved is to clear your game out of a memory (iPad: Double click the home button and swipe away MPQ. Android: Hold the home button and swipe away MPQ) and relaunch the game. If the "Save to Facebook" is still selected, than that option is saved correctly.

On my devices, saving between devices was working correctly once I confirmed that that option was saved correctly.
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    On the device I had to do the reinstall one this morning, it is not staying checked after clearing the device from the memory. If i select it, it prompts me to log in again.
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    JamesV wrote:
    On the device I had to do the reinstall one this morning, it is not staying checked after clearing the device from the memory. If i select it, it prompts me to log in again.

I too am having this issue. The "Save to Facebook" isn't staying checked. I've reinstalled on my 2nd device, and it doesn't even load a save game at all, all progress is lost on the 2nd device. Main device works fine.
  • Philly79
    As Anthony suggested I did try this last night with no such luck...played on my tablet this morning before work, did not attempt on my phone until just now. Everything "seems" to be working. My iso, hp, and token counts are correct. The option says I am logged in and save data is backed up so I guess I will run some rounds and see if it sticks and carries over to my tablet when I get out of work. Sure wish I hadn't 370 points on the season due to this hiccup...I was at 3597 and now I am all the way down to 3370 icon_cry.gif