Seriously a Thor tourney?

Options

Comments

• mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First in my bracket is 646. I'm 3rd with 548. I put a shield up when I was at about 520 and gained the rest of the points from failed attacks. First time I've used a shield and I hadn't actually realized you still could gain points. For some reason I thought you wouldn't lose or gain any points while shielded.
  • Skip tax is on now? Sigh. Cant compete with my sold lvl 6 Thor. Only get lvl 85 Thor teams. Took a while to find one earlier that was at least 6x to have a chance of coming out with my health intact.
  • 603 is topping my bracket right now.

Kinda sad. I know that with the Superbowl there are fewer people around, and lots of players sold Thor. Plus GSBW isn't the most exciting reward, since she's an older character. But this tournament has been a solid flop, and looking at my bracket they've sold less shields than they have in a long time.
  • And the skip tax is off again, I wish it would decide to be consistent.

Bad news though it was on the retaliations too, so so much for being able to skip those for free when they turn it on for good.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    First in my bracket is 646. I'm 3rd with 548. I put a shield up when I was at about 520 and gained the rest of the points from failed attacks. First time I've used a shield and I hadn't actually realized you still could gain points. For some reason I thought you wouldn't lose or gain any points while shielded.

Yea, I was able to gain 53 points while shielded all day.

I'm currently sitting in 9th and still under my day shield. Thinking about coming out in the last 12 minutes or so.

#going to regret this
  • 1st in my bracket is 647; I'm in 3rd with 580. I've got 3 yellow for IW so don't need to make a push. I just need the GSBW green. Every one from #8 up seems content to turtle up through the end. Point totals seem in line with Divine Champions.
  • I need a GSBW, still have not managed to pick one up, sitting at 38th with low 260 points, I joined a bracket late today to hopefully not get a competitive one with my lvl 6 Thor.

Contemplating shielding just to go neutral on the HP so I can get a cover and not be locked out of the PVE missions that require her, but then again PVE is bad now so might just see what happens.
  • mags1587
    Options
    A couple people in my bracket are making a push and I dropped down to #4. Just crossing my fingers that my score is enough to stay in the top five. I need the green GSBW cover but really don't want to have to un-shield at this point.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

Yea, I was able to gain 53 points while shielded all day.

I'm currently sitting in 9th and still under my day shield. Thinking about coming out in the last 12 minutes or so.

#going to regret this

Load up the high targets and go fast. If you haven't hit anyone all day you may be ok in that small window but take it from me, don't get greedy. Tried for 700 and in 20 minutes I was gang banged back down -260 pts. You have a smaller window so it may work.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    A couple people in my bracket are making a push and I dropped down to #4. Just crossing my fingers that my score is enough to stay in the top five. I need the green GSBW cover but really don't want to have to un-shield at this point.

How big is the gap? Worst case get the highest point match qued up and go for it in last 5 or so mins if you get bumped out. Boost if needed.
  • mags1587
    Options
    How big is the gap? Worst case get the highest point match qued up and go for it in last 5 or so mins if you get bumped out. Boost if needed.

Third, fourth, and fifth are currently 549, 548 (me), and 547. So the gap's pretty small. I have something queued up, just hope I don't have to use it.
  • **** **** ****. Didn't shield, kept trying to go for 600. Hit for -130 in the last 10 minutes alone.

Hope I stayed in the top #5 gah didn't want to waste stupid HP and make these sadistic devs happy, the ****.
  • What a disaster. My day shield which I put into place at exactly 12:10 am yesterday, unshielded me at 11:50pm today. So I lost 159 points in an instant.

Not a huge deal except for the waste of 400 HP.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you think those are low, I didn't get to start the tournament until this afternoon and 1st was just under 500 in that bracket. But it makes sense with barely 9 hours of tournament at that point.
  • I hope I get my Green cover. That's all I wanted. Gah bad decisions. I hate that a shield is necessary now just to finish in the top 5.
  • mags1587
    Options
    Yikes. Those kinds of point losses were what I was afraid of. I stayed shielded and ended up in 4th (if my last look at the leaderboard was accurate). 5th and 6th in my bracket kept trading spots but couldn't push up farther than that.

Second place in my bracket wasn't shielded and as far as I saw, he didn't use any. Not really sure how he managed that but he did it.
  • jozier wrote:
    I hope I get my Green cover. That's all I wanted. Gah bad decisions. I hate that a shield is necessary now just to finish in the top 5.

Trust me... I am just as pissed knowing you have to shield if you want top 5. I went many to tournies without ever shielding but now I will have to shield at least once if not 2x if I want a top placement.
  • UGH

Top 15 finish. Sold two BWGS covers. ****. I wanted that green so badly. I might even just buy it now with my HP stash since I'm getting my 4th green from daily rewards.

THANKS DEVS YOU ****.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got hit for 40 points in the last 10 minutes, but still managed to get top 5 without shielding, woot.
  • jozier wrote:
    THANKS DEVS YOU ****.

Only have yourself to blame. You get 250 HP from tournament prizes but can't be arsed to spend 100 HP.