Seriously a Thor tourney?

Options

Comments

• Toxicadam wrote:
    Nope .. if they did, it would be even less incentive to play.

I can't see how they can feasibly institute that given the current state of the game. Even if its 10 ISO or something trivial.

It is hard to generate ISO in this game so I can't see playing at that point not with the queue problems

Skip tax would be killer during lr for most given lr are a great way to build ISO, still good even.after the lowering to the buff and the mmr/no tanking crud....but generally requires a skip or two to find a good opponent. A trivial tithe to ppl.trying to place but awful for the Lowe lvls or ppl ISO grinding.

I'll be honest. If I wasn't mildly emotionally invested in.the game and was on.day, say, 5-15 here...with the current state of the game I probably would have uninstalled by now (not including the stealth buff to low.level players..that would mitigate the ire and instead create a painful quit-worthy brickwall down the road when I started to really level up).

Thier mmr/matchmaking system is like the foundation of your house being on a fault line on the cliff of a sandy beach. Everything tells.you to.move the damn foundation somewhere else but you already spent 500k on the location, know you won't see a return on your investment if you put in the time to find a better spot, and so you do.your best to mcguyver that cr@p together. Well, takehome? Devs need to go and watch some more Mcguyver.
  • @soenoe

Watch more mcguyver or learn the concept of sunk cost.
  • Ok, gotta say it for sure was a whole lot of fun letting my lvl 6 Venom devour a lvl 85 Thor (with 12488 HP) icon_e_smile.gif

How painfully slow that must have been ;(

He ate him whole - Spidey had paved the way for him with a bunch of stun locks.
  • Every time I've tried to cross 200 points - which isn't exactly sky-high - I get attacked when I come out of the battle. It's happened three times now. I'm this close to abandoning this tournament because it's borderline impossible without a level 85 Thor (Mine's only 60th; I was waiting for the nerf to level him), at least at my MMR, and given that all we have is the most tedious PVE ever next door and this, I think I'm going to play less of this game this weekend than I have since I first played it.

This game is getting borderline unplayable. The nerfs don't really bother me, but the fundamental mismanagement of match-making and of events is moving this game towards "that thing I play once a day to get the reward" territory. There is literally pretty much nothing I can do at this point. I've got the prologue at 100%; Shield training is useless, one event has a 12-hour rollover and the other requires me to have a fully-leveled character I don't have fully leveled.
  • I don't think the last Thor tournament was so crazy. Thor's buff is so massive that it almost doesn't matter who you team with him. Call of the storm almost always 1 shots one or more people, especially if it's 5/5.
  • Someone said 15k-odd HP? So that's 300%, same as Ares in Rage and Ruin. Fairly sure they still always use straight multipliers for PvP, not like the flattening curves on PvE event buffs. And yeah, at that buff, particularly on a tank with any kind of reasonable damage output, no one else on the team matters much. I was one-hitting Spideys and OBWs on turn two throughout Rage and Ruin. I'll probably still try for 100 or so in this, but I don't think my 2/2/0 level 20-whatever-that-gets-capped-at will make for quick or comfortable fights.
  • This and the best there is should be farewell event for the two nerfed characters. It probably run once as well.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Someone said 15k-odd HP? So that's 300%, same as Ares in Rage and Ruin. Fairly sure they still always use straight multipliers for PvP, not like the flattening curves on PvE event buffs. And yeah, at that buff, particularly on a tank with any kind of reasonable damage output, no one else on the team matters much. I was one-hitting Spideys and OBWs on turn two throughout Rage and Ruin. I'll probably still try for 100 or so in this, but I don't think my 2/2/0 level 20-whatever-that-gets-capped-at will make for quick or comfortable fights.

The difference between this and Rage and Ruin though is that very few people had Ares maxed until the very end of the tourney.
  • Tournament of frustration. Attack for 19, win. Come back and I lost two matches, losing 30+ for each loss.

I win to reach 500, but come back and sorry you lost 30+ in two matches. Try to advance again, same thing and now I'm down to 400. Spent close to an hour to gain 100 points and it's gone in less than 10 minutes.

I hate you D3. Fix this cr@p.
  • Might as well rename your PvP events to.....

"Grind to Nowhere!"
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    Someone said 15k-odd HP? So that's 300%, same as Ares in Rage and Ruin. Fairly sure they still always use straight multipliers for PvP, not like the flattening curves on PvE event buffs. And yeah, at that buff, particularly on a tank with any kind of reasonable damage output, no one else on the team matters much. I was one-hitting Spideys and OBWs on turn two throughout Rage and Ruin. I'll probably still try for 100 or so in this, but I don't think my 2/2/0 level 20-whatever-that-gets-capped-at will make for quick or comfortable fights.

The difference between this and Rage and Ruin though is that very few people had Ares maxed until the very end of the tourney.

Yep, there was huge difference between Ares 1 and 2, the latter was just an insane slaughterfest.

+200% Boosting heroes everyone has? I don't see much fun there.
  • The devs should rethink the points needed to get the progression rewards. I don't think it's even possible to reach 1000 points (at least it would be extreme hard).
  • The devs should rethink the points needed to get the progression rewards. I don't think it's even possible to reach 1000 points (at least it would be extreme hard).

They did think it through.

First they gave us shields to make it reachable for us.

Then they raise the limits to 2400. But guess what? Some of us could still get those progression rewards.

Now, that's a no-no for the devs, and they are obviously pissed off that we are getting things we should not be getting.

So, they made shielded targets invisible, and anyone who gets a score too high will be hit for -50 by players with much lesser points, ensuring that we will never break that 1000 point threshold.

So yes, they thought it through very well.
  • I think the Thor and Wolverine tourney are fine.
    They couldnt made a tourney with either of those two until they balanced them, since having the old Thor or Wolverine buffed would be really hard to deal with. We had a preview of that in Divine Champions tourney, but there was a larger variety than Thor mandatory.

I expect more tourneys with different characters buffed after they balance them (classic magneto and spider man)
  • I think the Thor and Wolverine tourney are fine.
    They couldnt made a tourney with either of those two until they balanced them, since having the old Thor or Wolverine buffed would be really hard to deal with. We had a preview of that in Divine Champions tourney, but there was a larger variety than Thor mandatory.

Is there any difference really in a mirror match having the insanely boosted main hero and irrelevant satellites of which one gets 1-shot in few turns and the other dies by the same time from tiles?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    The devs should rethink the points needed to get the progression rewards. I don't think it's even possible to reach 1000 points (at least it would be extreme hard).

The devs made a post a few days ago about them changing the progression reward levels to more reasonable levels. Was unlikely to be in the next tournament or two since those had already been finalized, but will be there shortly.
  • Anyone have a bracket higher than 650?

Looks like high 500's will win most of them.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Anyone have a bracket higher than 650?

Looks like high 500's will win most of them.
    First place in my bracket is 720, shielded, but then it drops off fast. I'm at #13 right now with a bit under 400. I could have fought a bit higher, but I only need the purple to finish GSBW's powers. Gave myself some breathing room to make sure I stay in the top 45 and will let people who need green fight over it.
  • Like many people, I sold my thor, I went in with a lvl 6 thor, a lvl 77 black widow and a lvl 54 spiderman. I won the fight easily, but I won't tell how long it took...
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2-5th seems to be around 600. There is a guy at 830, but his roster seems incredibly suspicious: he has stuff like a level 189 x-force wolvie with 0/5/5 covers, and a level 107 IW with 5 yellow covers and nothing else.