Seriously a Thor tourney?

Comments

• pasa_ wrote:
    Derethus wrote:
    Except they can. Imagine if the Wolvie tournament was instead about Captain America, and the current tournament is a No Holds Barred tournament. It'd be a much better time to nerf right now. (Or in particular, last night at the conclusion of the PvE event and before the start of the current). Would it affect some people? It would affect those who join the Captain America tournament, yes.

More obviously they could have a re-run of No Man's Land, and Good Is Bad (latter is long overdue anyway!) that requres absolutely nothing to develop. And are orthogonal with the dumped changes.

Certainly many other kinds of tournaments could be created to similar effect.

I'm waiting for "the doctor is in" being it's the only tourney I can remember not to have a repeat.

They will have a magneto version of it probably a day or two after he is nerfed. And a spidey pve to go with the spidey nerfs. $5 per tissue box. Best idea ever.
  • So I don't have a Thor so I tried using the free lvl 6 one, but I keep getting matched against nothing but 85 Thor's. Losing doesn't seem to lower my MMR, I assume to prevent "tanking". Is there any way to get matched against even teams that also don't have a Thor?
  • Yes, you can find some level 6 Thor teams if you skip lots of times.

I got up to 50 then I think that the best I can go.
  • This makes perfect sense to me.

For all the people that were outraged they offered the increased sell back.

And to all the people that wanted to keep Thor and find a new role for him within your team they made a new tournament. Also, the new tournament forces people to use the new Thor more and hopefully realise that Thor's one-man-combo works as intended now where his weaker abilities lead up to his power-attack.

My LV 60 Thor still doesn't hold up for this tournament.

My issue is that this is basically the same as ladder where every team has a Thor except now Thor has infinite life.
  • Why is Thor buffed so much?! 15000+ hp?! That's just nuts!!!?
  • xinyucao wrote:
    Yes, you can find some level 6 Thor teams if you skip lots of times.

I got up to 50 then I think that the best I can go.

Well, you can get the first few progression that way but hardly go anywhere facing the most common uberbuffed thor.
  • Was able to tank the tbi tourney and pick up 3 thor covers. Yay lvl 9!

I don't know how my lvl 9 thor, 80 aston wolv and 60 obw are beating these people but I've gained more points than I've lost and I only actually played 1 match.
  • Davometer wrote:
    Why is Thor buffed so much?! 15000+ hp?! That's just nuts!!!?
    They want to reward people that didn't take the bait. Sick little game they're playing with their playerbase icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Another joke of a tournament. Matchmaking is pretty bad and progressions are ridiculously unattainable. Would be getting no where if I didn't throw up a shield, which will likely be a waste of hero points.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    Davometer wrote:
    Why is Thor buffed so much?! 15000+ hp?! That's just nuts!!!?
    They want to reward people that didn't take the bait. Sick little game they're playing with their playerbase icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm not even bothering with this tourney debating even playing the Oscorp Heromode based on what I am hearing. Real shame they don't seem to care. ICEx responded to a couple of posts and then it was silence. The Dev's say nothing. It amazes me that so many people are feeling cheated and they don't have the decency to address it directly and pick and choose easy things to respond too.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    I only made it to 380 points and I started to get into MMR hell where I was seeing he same 4 or 5 players for 20 or less points. Evidently the mid-400's is the peak of this event and all those people are shielding ... And thus invisible.

So, I thought I might grind up a bunch of lesser point people to get some progressions rewards, but they are all ****. Low ISO, low HP and a red Thor.

Ugh
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I only made to to 380 points and I started to,get into MMR hell where I was seeing he same 4 or 5 players for 20 or less points. Evidently the mid-400's is the peak of this event and all those people are shielding.

S, I thought I might grind up and bunch of lesser point people to get some progressions rewards, but they are all ****. Low ISO, low HP and a red Thor.

Ugh

Has the ISO Tax started yet?
  • Nope .. if they did, it would be even less incentive to play.

I can't see how they can feasibly institute that given the current state of the game. Even if its 10 ISO or something trivial.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Nope .. if they did, it would be even less incentive to play.

I can't see how they can feasibly institute that given the current state of the game. Even if its 10 ISO or something trivial.

It is hard to generate ISO in this game so I can't see playing at that point not with the queue problems
  • Looks like that Thor was not sold back much. I have yet to see a single matchmaking that does not have a freaking 15k hp lvl 85 Thor. Sigh.
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    Looks like that Thor was not sold back much. I have yet to see a single matchmaking that does not have a freaking 15k hp lvl 85 Thor. Sigh.

Can he actually do any damage at that level? Pretty sad if they feel he needs to be level 85 to be viable.
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    Looks like that Thor was not sold back much. I have yet to see a single matchmaking that does not have a freaking 15k hp lvl 85 Thor. Sigh.

I don't understand why people would sell back Thor. He's still a good meat shield/green generator.

If devs are going to turn this game into a health pack chewing machine, you need guys like Thor to sub in and out.
  • Ok, gotta say it for sure was a whole lot of fun letting my lvl 6 Venom devour a lvl 85 Thor (with 12488 HP) icon_e_smile.gif
  • Ok, gotta say it for sure was a whole lot of fun letting my lvl 6 Venom devour a lvl 85 Thor (with 12488 HP) icon_e_smile.gif

Haha awesome! I went up against a guy that was running with Spidey and Venom and wondered what the hell he was up to.

How painfully slow that must have been ;(