Seriously a Thor tourney?

Options

Comments

• At this point it is becoming obvious they are just screwing with us. I think they want anyone who isn't happy to go away. Easier than fixing something.

That's exactly how I feel and exactly why I'm still here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgL-3Tsre2k
  • Maybe their team is too small to fix their broken matchmaking and PVE scaling system AND communicate at the same time. They should hire a publicist or public relations person or something
  • Stillhart wrote:
    pulis wrote:
    Why did you guys sell your characters anyway?
    I'm just waiting for the respec option.

A respec option is not coming. If it is, then all we need to do is to get easy covers and trade them for the rare covers. Let's take for example spiderman blue or yellow power. I can respec spidey to have 1 yellow and 5 purple instead of spending money and time to get new spidey covers and start from scratch? No way they are going to give us that much freedom over something we don't own. If they give us a respec they are being overly gracious despite what just happened to us.
    I suspect the respec option will work more like this:

If you have 13 covers and you get a new cover you want to use, you select which existing cover you want to go away when you apply the new one. I doubt it'll be anything more complicated than that. You'll need the new cover first.

They basically already confirmed this is how it will work.
  • pulis wrote:
    A respec option is not coming. If it is, then all we need to do is to get easy covers and trade them for the rare covers. Let's take for example spiderman blue or yellow power. I can respec spidey to have 1 yellow and 5 purple instead of spending money and time to get new spidey covers and start from scratch? No way they are going to give us that much freedom over something we don't own. If they give us a respec they are being overly gracious despite what just happened to us.

So if you are at 5/5/3 and got a purple cover, you could add it and take out one of your yellows, making it 4/5/4. You wouldn't be able to freely exchange covers, but you wouldn't be locked into your build.
  • Stillhart wrote:
    I suspect the respec option will work more like this:

If you have 13 covers and you get a new cover you want to use, you select which existing cover you want to go away when you apply the new one. I doubt it'll be anything more complicated than that. You'll need the new cover first.

They basically already confirmed this is how it will work.
    If that's the case, then I wonder what's taking so long. This doesn't seem like a massive change.

Of course, count me as one more that's not holding his breath for the respec option. I'm playing with the assumption that it will never happen.
  • Where did you even get all this respec news? It's surely not in the game.
  • pulis wrote:
    Where did you even get all this respec news? It's surely not in the game.
    I believe it was Demiurge_Will posted about it somewhere or another. Coulda been Ice though.
  • Glad I haven't sold my Thor yet AND I need the Widow Covers. Hope I can bully my way through this as I can't play the Heroic at all LoL
  • pulis wrote:
    Where did you even get all this respec news? It's surely not in the game.
    I believe it was Demiurge_Will posted about it somewhere or another. Coulda been Ice though.

Oh well, at least i won't be too disturbed by that as the covers that really matter are too hard to get anyway. and the ones that need respeccing are soooo easy to get.
  • Dont fool yourself in thinking that a repsec system would be completely free (+ and - at your leisure) either you'd have to by the new cover while removing an old one or have a new cover to "train" and remove an old ccover due to already being at the cover limit.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    Maybe their team is too small to fix their broken matchmaking and PVE scaling system AND communicate at the same time. They should hire a publicist or public relations person or something
    The fact that they can't keep comprehensive patch notes makes me wonder how much communication they have within their own team.
  • Well look at the bright side i finally can get some GSBW cover to complete my collection hehe
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I suspect this is a stupid question, but...
    I'm the only player in the top 10 of my bracket with a non-1* squad; consequently everyone I can fight and who attacks me is 2*/3* with a rather lower score - there's never any way to randomly get paired against someone with an inferior squad but twice my points is there? icon_e_confused.gif

I assume it's not just a case of passing on match-ups till they show up - they & their leads are untouchable?
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Was fully expecting this. There's a reason they brought the nerf hammer down on Thor and Wolvie right now, to square things up in time for incoming tournies. So this could've been foreseen by some players. It is extremely lame that there was no advance warning that there were upcoming Thor and Wolvie tournies. Why not warn people contemplating selling their covers that they might want to hold off? It's really not that hard, just as it wouldn't have been hard to time the nerf between events. It's awesome that people were given the opportunity to sell off their covers at an increased price. But there's absolutely no excuse for not warning players ahead of time that there were tournies coming. None. It's just another example of why there's a growing consensus that the devs are either 1) thoughtless, 2) straight up mean and cackling in their cubicles, 3) both.
  • pumkin wrote:
    Was fully expecting this. There's a reason they brought the nerf hammer down on Thor and Wolvie right now, to square things up in time for incoming tournies. So this could've been foreseen by some players. It is still lame that there was no advance warning that there were upcoming Thor and Wolvie tournies. Why not warn people contemplating selling their covers that they might want to hold off? It's really not that hard, just as it wouldn't have been hard to time the nerf between events..
    The devs don't seem to think it's easy to time the nerf between events:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2942#p45695
  • pumkin wrote:
    Was fully expecting this. There's a reason they brought the nerf hammer down on Thor and Wolvie right now, to square things up in time for incoming tournies. So this could've been foreseen by some players. It is still lame that there was no written advance warning in-game that there were upcoming Thor and Wolvie tournies. Why not warn people contemplating selling their covers that they might want to hold off? It's really not that hard, just as it wouldn't have been hard to time the nerf between events. It's awesome that people were given the opportunity to sell off their covers at an increased price. But there's absolutely no excuse for not warning players ahead of time that there were tournies coming. None. It's just another example of why there's a growing consensus that the devs are either 1) thoughtless, 2) straight up mean and cackling in their cubicles, 3) both.

I dunno which thread I posted this to or if it got buried but yeah
    I sold my covers off because I thought the deal to sell was to promote team diversity so I wanted to help a bit and jump off the thorverine bandwagon. I didn't know trying to diversify teams would involve highlighting the 2 over represented covers.
  • Besides the fact that Thor's been boosted for the second time in 2 weeks.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Derethus wrote:
    pumkin wrote:
    Was fully expecting this. There's a reason they brought the nerf hammer down on Thor and Wolvie right now, to square things up in time for incoming tournies. So this could've been foreseen by some players. It is still lame that there was no advance warning that there were upcoming Thor and Wolvie tournies. Why not warn people contemplating selling their covers that they might want to hold off? It's really not that hard, just as it wouldn't have been hard to time the nerf between events..
    The devs don't seem to think it's easy to time the nerf between events:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2942#p45695
    Yes, I know that's their stance. I also know it's bull. Simply postpone the start of Oscorp and the Thor tourney till the end of Best There Is. (Or some similar scenario when there's only one event running). Patch then. It's not rocket science. So people won't have new content for 24 hours. They'd **** about that too of course, but it's not straight up screwing people over like it was to NERF characters in the middle of events that people have spent boosts, health packs, time, social lives and money on. It's a hands down absurd response.
  • pumkin wrote:
    Was fully expecting this. There's a reason they brought the nerf hammer down on Thor and Wolvie right now, to square things up in time for incoming tournies. So this could've been foreseen by some players. It is still lame that there was no written advance warning in-game that there were upcoming Thor and Wolvie tournies. Why not warn people contemplating selling their covers that they might want to hold off? It's really not that hard, just as it wouldn't have been hard to time the nerf between events. It's awesome that people were given the opportunity to sell off their covers at an increased price. But there's absolutely no excuse for not warning players ahead of time that there were tournies coming. None. It's just another example of why there's a growing consensus that the devs are either 1) thoughtless, 2) straight up mean and cackling in their cubicles, 3) both.

I dunno which thread I posted this to or if it got buried but yeah
    I sold my covers off because I thought the deal to sell was to promote team diversity so I wanted to help a bit and jump off the thorverine bandwagon. I didn't know trying to diversify teams would involve highlighting the 2 over represented covers.

When you have all your eggs in one basket, diversifying doesn't mean moving all your eggs to other baskets. It means moving some eggs to help equalize the amount of eggs in each basket.