Seriously a Thor tourney?

Comments

• NotYou13
    NotYou13 Posts: 104
    Awesome. I just sold my Thor too. The HP was just too enticing considering he wasn't built correctly anyway. Damn shame too since I don't yet have any GSBW covers.
  • Step 1: Offer 2 OP characters and make people fight to get them.

Step 2: Nerf the characters. Make them impotent.

Step 3: Offer a huge incentive to sell off these characters.

Step 4: Create new tourneys featuring these characters.

Step 5: Do the Nelson Laugh.

nelson-muntz.jpg
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Step 1: Offer 2 OP characters and make people fight to get them.

Step 2: Nerf the characters. Make them impotent.

Step 3: Offer a huge incentive to sell off these characters.

Step 4: Create new tourneys featuring these characters.

Step 5: Do the Nelson Laugh.

nelson-muntz.jpg

Lmao
  • At this point it is becoming obvious they are just screwing with us. I think they want anyone who isn't happy to go away. Easier than fixing something.
  • I feel really trolled because, like many, I sold off my Thor to help make the progression into 3*.

One of the 3* heroes I really, really want is GSBW. Mine's currently 1/2/2. Sigh. I figure I might have a shot at top 5 if I juke the last 2 hours or so of a tournament, given I have a 100 Punisher and 100 Spiderman who could help me burn through competition. But it still stings really bad.
  • At this point it is becoming obvious they are just screwing with us. I think they want anyone who isn't happy to go away. Easier than fixing something.

That's exactly how I feel and exactly why I'm still here.
  • Nemek wrote:
    They're obviously encouraging players to try out the new versions of the characters so they aren't just dismissed.

Plus, they are buffing the most popular 2* characters and giving out 3* rewards, so people can make the 3* transition that have those covers.

And after all of that, they are gathering data on how people are using the characters with their new abilities by forcing people to use them.
    Despite selling off my Thor as well, I actually agree with this pro-dev stance for once.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    They're obviously encouraging players to try out the new versions of the characters so they aren't just dismissed.

Plus, they are buffing the most popular 2* characters and giving out 3* rewards, so people can make the 3* transition that have those covers.

And after all of that, they are gathering data on how people are using the characters with their new abilities by forcing people to use them.
    Despite selling off my Thor as well, I actually agree with this pro-dev stance for once.

Maybe they should have done their testing before waving a tempting sale price in our faces. Another issue if incredibly horrible timing / communication ?
  • The whole "Look guys, Thor is still useful!" theory is ****. Who else put some Iso in their Captain America in the Hulk event because he was buffed? Is he still ****? Yes. I don't intend to use Patch in the future. I still raised him to 70 to compete in the PVE (hah.) and the Wolvie event. That's fine. No issue with that. But to get us to sell what we built, and then feature him in a tourney? That's low. I don't know where the heck everybody got those Thors and Wolvies in the first place. I've been playing a month now and barely cracked 3/3/3 in either. But I just sold my 2/2/4 wolverine because let's face it, his yellow is **** and I'm not holding my breath for a respec. So now I have a 1/1/0 2* wolvie that's good for all of nothing in both the PVE and PVP.
  • Deer717 wrote:
    I'm not holding my breath for a respec.

But everyone, EVERYONE, keeps saying that the devs are making a respec system!

That means that it has to be coming! IT HAS TO!
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Deer717 wrote:

It's still "on the backlog" lol
  • I held on to my Thor and Wolverine cause I figured by his would happen. My gsbw is 5/3/1 so I'm glad I can get a purple cover fairly effortlessly. My Thor is 5/5/3 and Wolvie is 5/3/5. Not ideal builds but Thor is just my GSBW battery anyhow, probably never use his green. Might sell Wolvie.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Deer717 wrote:

It's still "on the backlog" lol

tq4yeuu.jpg

(pic copyright from Dumb and Dumber.)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why did you guys sell your characters anyway?
    I'm just waiting for the respec option.
  • Why did you guys sell your characters anyway?
    How long will that respec option be? A month? 3?

I sold it because the HP and iso was used to push up my *** characters, which will let me place better in tournaments that don't feature Thor and Wolverine.
  • Hahahah this is awesome. It's a good thing none of the prizes interests me. No golds. No good iso rewards (over 5000). I already maxxed those cover prizes and invisible woman is useless.
  • Why did you guys sell your characters anyway?

A respec option is not coming. If it is, then all we need to do is to get easy covers and trade them for the rare covers. Let's take for example spiderman blue or yellow power. I can respec spidey to have 1 yellow and 5 purple instead of spending money and time to get new spidey covers and start from scratch? No way they are going to give us that much freedom over something we don't own. If they give us a respec they are being overly gracious despite what just happened to us.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

Maybe they should have done their testing before waving a tempting sale price in our faces. Another issue if incredibly horrible timing / communication ?
    You're right, even if Devs had good intentions as reasoned out by Nemek's post, they once again failed on timing and communication. It's a broken record on these two fronts.
  • pulis wrote:

A respec option is not coming. If it is, then all we need to do is to get easy covers and trade them for the rare covers. Let's take for example spiderman blue or yellow power. I can respec spidey to have 1 yellow and 5 purple instead of spending money and time to get new spidey covers and start from scratch? No way they are going to give us that much freedom over something we don't own. If they give us a respec they are being overly gracious despite what just happened to us.

+1
  • pulis wrote:

I suspect the respec option will work more like this:

If you have 13 covers and you get a new cover you want to use, you select which existing cover you want to go away when you apply the new one. I doubt it'll be anything more complicated than that. You'll need the new cover first.