Most fun / Least fun Characters

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
A long time ago, I did polls for which characters were the most/least fun to play. Back then, Mags had a fantastic and slightly-too-powerful Blue skill, allowing him to change 2 tiles to bluetile.png for 5 bluetile.png . He could set up lots of 4 and 5 matches. He also had a cheap Red and a powerful Purple. He was picked as the Most Fun to Play. Spiderman was picked the least fun to play.

It's time to redo those polls, but there's a 15-item poll limit, and I want to make sure that characters that people enjoy playing are on the list. Here's my current list of fun-to-play characters:

Most Fun
Kingpin, Professor X, X-Force
Captain America, Cyclops, Daredevil, Falcon, Iron Fist, Kamala Khan, Loki, Scarlet Witch
Ares, MN Mags, Storm 2

Least Fun
Devil Dino
Colossus, Doctor Octopus, Iron Man, Psylocke, Sentry, Spider-Man
Bullseye, Moonstone

This isn't about the power of a character. Thor3 is powerful, but I don't find him all that fun. What characters would you pick for your most fun / least fun?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Most fun:
    Luke Cage (I like to try and punch every opponent)
    Hulk (still amused when he causes huge cascades after taking a beating)

Least fun:
    Psylocke (I want to like her, but she just feels blah when I use her)
    Daken (good character, but bores me)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most fun:
    Gamora, Punisher, Kamala, IF, SG

Least Fun:
    GSBW, 3* Cap, Sentry
  • Unknown
    Options
    Most fun: Deadpool, Loki, Blade
    Least Fun: Colossus, Quicksliver, Bagman
  • Unknown
    Options
    Most fun:
    Loki, IF, Cyclops, Kamala Khan
    MNMags
    Juggernaut

Least fun:
    IW
    Gamora, Quicksilver, Captain Marvel
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Most fun: Kamala Khan, Cyclops, Blade, Cage, Iron Fist, Loki

Least fun: Quicksilver, Colossus, Iron Man, Doc Oct, Beast, Ragnarok, Vision
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thread should be renamed, "Characters soon to be nerfed, as compared to upcoming featured characters in PvE's" icon_lol.gif

I keed, kind a
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Most fun:

Least Fun:
    GSBW, 3* Cap, Sentry

Really? GSBW not fun?

Her purple can create criticals, is great for board control & fuels her Green, which brings me to....

The Joys of the Sniper Rifle (maxed)!!!!

Destroying most of the board and dealing 5000 damage to the enemy team is waaaay fun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh, and Spidey is easily one of the most boring characters.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Most fun:

Least Fun:
    GSBW, 3* Cap, Sentry

Really? GSBW not fun?

Her purple can create criticals, is great for board control & fuels her Green, which brings me to....

The Joys of the Sniper Rifle (maxed)!!!!

Destroying most of the board and dealing 5000 damage to the enemy team is waaaay fun.

I hate the length of time it takes to get the AP for those, especially with 3Thor and Kamala at the ready. When i bring her in, i rarely ever end up using a skill with her, fight is over before she is useful. Also, she is sitting at 3/5/3 for me right now...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most fun:

XForce (even still), Fury, Cyclops, Kamala, Deadpool, Grocket, Daredevil, Mystique, OBW, Juggernaut

Least fun:

IW (even still), Hood, Hulk (my least favorite by a country mile), Psylocke, Doc Ock

I feel like I'd enjoy Star-Lord and Prof X, but don't have either usable, so don't know for sure.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most Fun:
    Luke Cage- I love punching people in the face
    Daken- I enjoy the risk vs reward factor his character design
    Patch- Same as Daken
    Blade- When there's red everywhere! Him and OBW destroyed lvl 395 goons today in a few rounds!
    Steve Rogers- I am really enjoying throwing shields around!
    Loki- I love the cheap board shake, stealing AP and turning the enemy tools against them
    Mohawk- Most hate her but I rather enjoy using her against Goons and Survivor nodes. Her black is deadly, her green and yellow are board clearing fun.

Least Fun:
    Spider-Man- He desperately needs an offensive power. I have more fun with Bullseye
    Human Torch- He's not bad and can be fun but I find myself never using him
    Sentry- Even prior to his nerf, I didn't enjoy hurting my own characters
    Ironman 40- Waste of space
    Rags- See above
    Moonstone- I want to like her, but her pink is just too random to be useful and her black is too expensive
    Deadpool- While I enjoy whaling, I find myself only using him once a day to earn DP coins.

Maybe this should of been a poll?
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most fun
    4* - Goddess Thor ; Professor X
    3* - Iron Fist ; Luke Cage
    2* - Magneto ; Storm
    1* - Juggernaut ; Venom

Least fun

4* - Elektra
    3* - Ragnarok
    2* - Captain America
    1* - Yelena Belova ; IM35
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Most fun:

The handful I've managed to level and can play at all.

Least fun:

The dozens I don't have enough ISO for.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So many people are down on Psylocke, but seldom if ever is it mentioned that she was the next best thing after Classic Magneto to pair with Patch. Her and Daken. Then, when you have 10 red, 12 black, and a few strike tiles on the board, you set off Berzerker Rage, and she combos everyone to death.

Pretty fun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So many people are down on Psylocke, but seldom if ever is it mentioned that she was the next best thing after Classic Magneto to pair with Patch. Her and Daken. Then, when you have 10 red, 12 black, and a few strike tiles on the board, you set off Berzerker Rage, and she combos everyone to death.

Pretty fun.

Maybe, in that single situation, but in general she isn't loads of fun. Plus her blue drags her down.
  • D2KM_
    D2KM_ Posts: 134
    Options
    Most fun (no particular order): Cyclops, Kamala Khan, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Hulk with Patch.

Least fun (again no particular order): ragnarok, quicksilver, spiderman, 3* iron man, squirrel girl.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Most fun: Characters that can manipulate the board or convert tiles (RIP CMags).

Least fun: PvE villains that get overscaled to 395 (Leaves bad taste in mouth when using them).
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    These are based on the covers that I do have... obviously there are some that I wish I had.

Fun2Play: 2* Magneto, SG, Hulk, and OBW

Pain2Play: Doc Oc, Colossus, Sentry (Great for Defense, but I'm not made of med packs)

Wish2Play: Falcon, Patch, Iron Fist, PX.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    I love SuperSteve and GSBW. The strategy/control needed with them are great, and about as close to old CMag blue as we can get. Unfortunately both arent really viable for most matches because they take so long to ramp up.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Most Fun for me:

4*: Nick Fury (I only have useful Fury, X-Force and IW, so an easy pick there). Fury has interesting powers even if they are a little slow.
    3*: Captain America: one of the most strategic characters to play
    Falcon: I love seeing just how big my special tiles can become, and getting my team pretty much invulnerable. Lots of strategy in setting up a good board.
    Hood: It's fun to do a big match and not take much damage because you completely stifled the enemy
    Luke Cage: two great finishing powers, plus a stun on one of them, plus damage reduction... really feels like the character
    Patch: trying to figure out the right time to use his green and red is the puzzle part of puzzle quest for me
    2*: OBW, Storm, Mags and Hawkeye all have unique powers that make them interesting and fun to play

Least Fun for me:

4*: Invisible Woman: kind of slow and you really need her to use both Blue and Green to make her effective which limits her teammates
    3*: Hulk: His active powers just aren't very good, and he's really only there to set up other characters, which doesn't feel like Hulk to me at all
    Sentry: self damage (especially to the entire team) just really isn't fun
    IM40: Slow powers that drain other AP... what's to like here? Oh yeah, plus a battery that gets worse the more you level it.
    Ragnarok: Did I mention that damaging your own team isn't fun?
    2*: Cap, Thor, Torch... once you've played the 3* version, going back to the 2* is really painful