Token pulls...what is going on?

13»

Comments

• I'm just going to keep on at this.

I am now 36 gold tokens in and not a single 3 or 4* cover has been gained.

36. It has now been two months since I won a 3* cover. I have been relying on PvE, PvP and DDQ for covers. That is the equivalent of about £45 worth of hp, if I had been buying them. Which I haven't, precisely for this reason. If the % of getting a reward was even remotely fair, I probably would be buying tokens, but this kind of experience means that I won't.

Don't they want me to spend money, or something?
  • You know what? I am a few hundred away from getting the 10 pack reward in the season. That is going to be a defining moment. If the covers from do not materialise, then I will be quitting.

And quitting means talking to anyone I meet ever about this game, this company, this rip off system of scaling and enhanced cascades for the enemy just in order to sell health packs and lure foolish players into buying token packs. And encouraging big spenders to waste thousands of pounds/dollars/euros on building up characters that get castrated as soon as everyone has ALREADY maxed them.

Come to think of it, I will probably quit anyway. Goddamit.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    that is a rough stretch two - I've had good and bad runs. right now my tacos have been completely dry for many weeks. all other tokens have been pretty good lately - heroic/event. eventually it should even out, but there will be some bad stretches. sux to be on the unlucky end of the spectrum for any extended stretch. its better if I keep everything in perspective though - I don't live and die by the game and it doesn't define me (even though I spend a ton of time on it and on here about it). something bad happens - oh well, its a game.
  • Well, that was a load of utter rubbish. One Beast civer and a Blade cover, which is already maxed.

An entire season totalling 46 gold tokens, and one 3* cover to show for it.

And its Beast, commonly known as the worst character in the roster.

Complete garbage.
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Well, there's a difference in not getting any 3/4 * characters and getting usable ones. I could have every 3* fully covered and complain that I've opened thousands of tokens without getting anything useful. But that's a pretty bad unlucky stretch you had there to begin with.

I do think they should expand the chances of winning a gold character the more characters they add, instead of trying to cram them into the preset % chance of pulling any gold character at all. You aren't going to fully cover a character with any sort of speed relying soley on packs, and you are going to get to a point where even if you do pull a gold, the chances of it being able to be used is minimal. But could/would force new players to either spend HP to expand their rosters or rotate out their characters.

Its not good when the majority of your user base think that your packs are utter ripoffs in terms of dollars spent to gold characters returned.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Had a couple of good days with pulls but most of time I luck out.

On a bad streak with tacos just now also. Last lucky pull was Iron Fist which was about a month ago or something. No longer expect anything other than Iso.
  • Well, I've had a very dry spell for the last couple of months, except for maybe the Ultron (still never got any IMHB, le sigh) event. That changed today, with

purpleflag.png Iron Fist (first cover for him, yaay) and
    blueflag.png Scarlet Witch

(from Standard tokens!!) along with

redflag.png LThor from a taco (was hoping for Cyclops, but I'll take it)
    blackflag.png Cyclops from DDQ, and
    blueflag.png Grocket from a daily reward heroic token

I'd love to see this streak continue!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had 55,500 ISO earlier, so I zeroed out on standard token buys just for the hell of it. Pulled 17/111 2*+ (which is close to the 18-19 I expected based on previous pull-rate experience), and three of those were usable 3*. That was nice.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I've definitely seen an improvement in gold pulls across the board. I'm in a kind of weird place, where I've managed to accumulate 1055 HP because I don't want the hassle of certain characters automatically being placed on my roster. That being said, I'm obviously not pulling any new characters from my gold pulls, but I'm getting much needed covers either way. Characters like Black Panther and Psylocke, who sat at the back of my roster for months with one cover, are now at 6 and 10 respectively in the past month or so. Talk about progress! I also picked up Doc Oc, Cyclops, and Storm Mohawk, just cause I had space, and gained an extra cover or two for them as well. My strategy is once a 3* has two covers, they're a keeper.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards