Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• DarthDeVoDarthDeVo Posts: 2,137 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally got the missing Quantum Realm Support I've been looking for,  and at Rank 2. Also got an increase on Sharon Carter, up to Rank 4 from Rank 2.

Just need to get Tinkerer and I should have all the ones available (missing BW Batons and Kra-Van, which don't seem to be in Support store rotations, and all the stones, which I have no desire to spend 6 seasons chasing at any level).
  • grumbLEGOgrumbLEGO Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Saved up over 600 cp to use today to get a chance at a Yelena 5* cover. Got her on the second pull. Spent the remaining 560 covers on the classic legends store and got quite a few 5* covers. 
  • fiirstfiirst Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    Got t2 in cinama event.
    But @OJSP beat me for t1.
    Will race with him again next year!!
  • PuceMoosePuceMoose Posts: 1,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even though it wasn't a "run around the house bellowing with joy and scaring the cat" sort of moment, it was satisfying to apply the 13th cover to both Shuri and 4* Black Panther. They'd been stuck at 12 covers each for over a year now, and the shards/covers from the recent events that awarded them gave me enough to put them at 13 covers each. 
  • sambrookjmsambrookjm Posts: 1,682 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 10 May 2020, 09:36
    Using a champed, boosted iHulk's red (with some help from Okoye) to take out a Muscle at 90K health just as his Threaten tile was about to go off, all for the low, low cost of 7 AP.  Still not nearly as good as the LVL 650 Thugs, who set a countdown for 40K for 3 yellow...but effective nonetheless.
  • PuceMoosePuceMoose Posts: 1,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hooray! For only the second time ever, I managed to hit 900 in PvP. I was pretty pleased to land a Karnak cover, bringing him up to 4/3/3. It was also satisfying to see that my shield was up less than five SECONDS before the hits started rolling in - I took seven hits in less than two minutes, including one smile-inducing defensive win. Will 923 be enough for me to place top ten? Eh, I highly doubt it, but my main goal was to get that Karnak cover, so I'm happy either way. 
  • ZootSaxZootSax Posts: 1,783 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using the tried & true Switch/Red Hulk combo in SCL7 of Thick as Thieves.  I was on sub 3 in the Maria Hill essential (against Ares, Juggernaut & Moonstone).  I was trying to save on health packs so I was dragging a badly hurt Rhulk into the fourth clear along with the unboosted (albeit Lv266) Switch and two-cover Hill who was pretty hard hit herself.  

Right when the AI just got a large yellow cascade, my only match available was on black.  This meant Hill ate the inevitable Sunder/Headbutt the next round dropping her instead of Rhulk.  Switches countdown gave me the purple I needed to end things the following turn.  Rulk was able to limp his way through the  rest of my remaining nodes without a healthpack.

A small victory, sure, but thanks Maria for taking one for the team...literally...
  • helix72helix72 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Somehow in trying to swap between screens while I was multitasking I accidentally and inadvertently opened an LT. How shocked was I when it turned out to be a 5* iHulk Red. Yay!
  • DeNappaDeNappa Posts: 1,028 Chairperson of the Boards
    Received a 5Hawkeye blue cover in daily resupply. Sure, even with that cover applied he's still only 1/3/2, but progress is progress. Maybe I'll be able to champ him in 2023.
  • MrEd95MrEd95 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    On MEH Hulk’s essential node on balancing act, I somehow managed to get a wonderful turn 0 win using gritty.

Hulk triggered an almighty cascade that managed to avoid most of my strike tiles and kept matching until all 3 enemies fell. Now that was satisfying 
  • OJSPOJSP Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    edited 15 May 2020, 08:41
    Getting 1535 points and 40 wins in SHIELD Sim using lvl 306 Juggernaut and lvl 300s Rocket and Gamora to fight championed 5* teams. There were a mix of single, double and even triple championed 5*s.

I occasionally used 2 blue AP boost and whatever random TU was provided, but in general, a lot of the damage was done by Juggernaut's Collateral Damage. 

I was hoping to break MMR and continue to use the 4* team to get 2000 or even 75 wins, unfortunately I'm starting to see a wall of tougher and bigger 5*s. It was fun while it lasted. Thanks to everyone who participated in this little experiment.
  • krakenoonkrakenoon Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    @OJSP

Still time left. Throw up a scarecrow if you have anything better than that & try to get those last wins right before the event ends.
  • JormagundJormagund Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Day 686 and I'm finally (theoretically) HP positive.
    I've spend the last few months stabilizing my 2 star farm (as it was used for emergency roster slots and/or HP), starting my 3 star farm with 11 babies so far and recruiting those all important 1 stars.  I have four of the 5 stars left to roster including Apocalypse and after opening my tokens for the week have 4,025HP.
    Should be fairly straightforward to keep a buffer for whenever I get a cover for these last few characters.  Now to work on the ISO debt!  Currently 11 million so something to keep working towards.

As a secondary moment I didn't think I'd have enough ISO for this but flipping four two stars and going up a shield level gave me enough ISO to champ 4 star Wolverine & Cyclops.  Can now play them with Teen Jean in the Apocalypse event.
  • DogfaceDogface Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    edited 16 May 2020, 00:00
    OJSP said:
    krakenoon said:
    Still time left. Throw up a scarecrow if you have anything better than that & try to get those last wins right before the event ends.
    Thank you for the advice. I just climbed with my stronger team. The experiment was mainly just to find out how far I could take that team and encourage other 4* players to take on 5* teams.
    But basically you are saying that you can't go all the way with a 4* team, so why then would others use such a team, if only to recreate the results you got from your experiment. I don't foresee shockingly different results.
    Dogface said:
    But basically you are saying that you can't go all the way with a 4* team, so why then would others use such a team, if only to recreate the results you got from your experiment. I don't foresee shockingly different results.
    Well.. I'm happy enough that my lvl 300 4*s could do that. I think one of the cause of players having trouble finding points and reaching their progression rewards is because of lack of beatable targets. 

I was merely trying to show that even lvl 300 4*s could beat even some 3 championed 5*s. As I reached 1900, I started finding other 4*s teams, but none of them were using this team.
    It's quite surprising, considering how strong this team is.

4* players should only start seeing 5* teams when they break MMR, which is around 1900 currently in SHIELD Sim. So, they should have a really fast climb  using this team. Now, granted, I don't know how many 4* players are there floating with Bishop or HammerCap and this team is not the best to fight them. But, they're beatable with other 4* teams. And when they start seeing 5* teams, they can try to beat them with this team.
  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 4,599 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    OJSP said:
    Beating a random player with lvl 517 Havok  and 452 Thor using who else? BRB Bishop.. I do wonder why they only had Havok and no other Latests championed..

Add: In less than 30 minutes, they put 3 levels into their 4/4/5 Apocalypse and he's lvl 450 now.. We'll see how many champion levels.. :smile:

They could be an X-Men fan and whaling the packs.. once for Havok and now for Apocalypse.. maybe..
    This guy now has lvl 527 Havok, lvl 468 Apocalypse, fully covered Iceman and Star-Lord, and almost fully covered Hulk and Sinister.

I just want to say thank you for supporting the game.. Accompanied by lvl 452 Thor, 454 SS, and 370 Bishop, they will soon be unstoppable.. :lol:
    The question would be what the rest of the roster looks like (where are the 4s) and whether it’s a legit roster?  Maybe they are, but someone going all in on Havok seems suspicious to me. I dunno. 
  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 4,599 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    bluewolf said:
    The question would be what the rest of the roster looks like (where are the 4s) and whether it’s a legit roster?  Maybe they are, but someone going all in on Havok seems suspicious to me. I dunno. 
    He's got 10 other 4* champs ranging from 270 to 300, there are some more fully covered ones at lvl 70. I'm guessing they don't have iso to level up the rest.. I'm still undecided. 

This one is less suspicious than someone who gained 17 levels each on Kitty, Carnage and BRB without gaining any covers for their other 5*s (in fact, any of the other characters..) But what do I know.. they're still playing too.
    When players find a suspicious roster they can report it to CS. In theory they catch people who add resources and things on their own, but there are a lot of cheaters out there. Some cheaters fly under the radar more than others. 

Maybe they find “better” ways to cheat and all that. 

CS will investigate and make a determination, it’s not the case that they’ll just shut the account down. So IMO it’s worth doing if it seems likely. 
    edited 16 May 2020, 15:06
    Just to play around with the event, I tried ProfX, Kitty and Black Widow against Apocalypse.

Black Widow sacrificed herself to Death after the first few turns.

I forgot that I equipped ProfX with the Stepford Cuckoo's making him tank purple and the board was dry of purple tiles. Apocalypse kept draining purple, rendering Prof useless for the whole match.

So, Kitty had to do all the work. She made some protect tiles, she made some attack tiles, she boosted said tiles while taking hits from Apocalypse's red.

Eventually, the attack tiles were boosted to 40k and they won.

I imagined after the match she turned around and said:

(yes, I got her to wear that costume too..)

• sambrookjmsambrookjm Posts: 1,682 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:

I was thinking to try using Carol Rocket HammerCap, but I decided to use Kitty BRB Bishop instead. Unfortunately, I didn't get any of them as TU after the match.. the only power they managed to use was Sinister's Behold towards the end of the match.
    Are possible team-ups from a match limited to the powers that they use during the match?