IceIX or Devs, I want to call something out

Options
1235»

Comments

• Telicis wrote:
    In most cases, people like IceIX have no direct control (or even direct knowledge beforehand) over development, changes, schedules, and the like. They are on what is referred to in most cop dramas as a "need to know basis", and treated similarly. In addition to this, there are strict rules on what they can and cannot say to, or tell players. This is not a game issue, nor even a D3 issue... This is how it is for 99% of all CSR/CMs everywhere, in all games, genres, and businesses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzqSHHgSAN8 @ 0:32
  • someone inform me of this acronyms meaning?
    Too long; didn't read. Originally a rude boilerplate response presumably originating on the chans or reddit or some such cesspit, now if anything more often used pre-emptively as you just did to mean "in summary".
  • Veracity wrote:
    someone inform me of this acronyms meaning?
    Too long; didn't read. Originally a rude boilerplate response presumably originating on the chans or reddit or some such cesspit, now if anything more often used pre-emptively as you just did to mean "in summary".

Thanks!
    Yeah I understood how to use it prior, just didn't know what it actually stood for.
    Appreciate the info icon_e_smile.gif
  • Veracity wrote:
    someone inform me of this acronyms meaning?

Thanks!
    Yeah I understood how to use it prior, just didn't know what it actually stood for.
    Appreciate the info icon_e_smile.gif

Apparently you didn't know how to use it because your "tl;dr" summary needs it's own "tl;dr" summary.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Because players are invested in a certain few characters and a certain few playstyles which gets cemented more and more as time goes on. Without doing something to shake them out of that, most players will not consider a new play style with other characters.

Aha, and if an even that can be played with only 10-ish charactes they don't have at all or sitting at lvl6-16 but facing 80+ then shortly 180+ mobs will help it how?

maybe if you announced such event coming in 3 weeks they could build up some army if bothered. This is just throwing people to the zombies and look how they are eaten. Eben if someone has some spare ISO I doubt he'd dump it into Hawkeye just to last 2 more turns before going down.

If you just run 18 hour rotation of tournamenst like women, dark avengers, other groups in permanent rotation thinking up more interesting subsets people would pick some fitting their state and style and develop the variable key characters.

But the key idea is always the same: announcements all ahead, allow preparation. Providing playtesting arena "XXX training" would be welcome addition.

But nothing like that happening, only repeated wishes for some state of game add to idle words bucket.
    I doubt they have the ability to let us know what's coming up when they don't have the ability to put every change in the patch notes without players calling them out on it.