Character Rankings May 2015 Edition: Voting closed

124»

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:
    Why can't you?

Likely he got a warning after a string of unwarranted and retaliative downvotes on the Q&A thread.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    When do we get the results?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    When do we get the results?

His last edit, around day and a half ago said "in two days"... so soon, I guess?
  • I wanted to vote, but felt a bit overwhelmed by the sheer size of the cast. I tip my hats to those who did vote and wait in anticipation of the results.

One thing I am curious about is the periodic buffs...will that shift things, its an extreme example, but a buffed Bagman is just 1 to the 0 power...which is 1, while a buffed OBW HURTS. some characters scale better than others, others don't scale at all beyond health (current Colossus event is proof).

The Moonstone changes put me on edge, dare I open a slot for her again and level her up? Her synergy with say Patch, can't be denied.
    - Unreall
  • Malcrof
    I wanted to vote, but felt a bit overwhelmed by the sheer size of the cast. I tip my hats to those who did vote and wait in anticipation of the results.

One thing I am curious about is the periodic buffs...will that shift things, its an extreme example, but a buffed Bagman is just 1 to the 0 power...which is 1, while a buffed OBW HURTS. some characters scale better than others, others don't scale at all beyond health (current Colossus event is proof).

The Moonstone changes put me on edge, dare I open a slot for her again and level her up? Her synergy with say Patch, can't be denied.
    - Unreall

Worst that could happen if you roster her, is increased buyback if you dislike her.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wanted to vote, but felt a bit overwhelmed by the sheer size of the cast. I tip my hats to those who did vote and wait in anticipation of the results.

- Unreall
    to me they made her black like a lite version of loki's black. its a little different in that you can take attack as well (would be nice if loki had that - that is nails against ninja) and its a little cheaper, but will only take max 3, where loki can take all (which is huge when against cmags/falcon). her purple is still nearly useless in utility - very small percentage of usefulness.
  • Malcrof
    TxMoose wrote:

- Unreall
    to me they made her black like a lite version of loki's black. its a little different in that you can take attack as well (would be nice if loki had that - that is nails against ninja) and its a little cheaper, but will only take max 3, where loki can take all (which is huge when against cmags/falcon). her purple is still nearly useless in utility - very small percentage of usefulness.

If her purple was manual, it would make her an amazing character to use.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

- Unreall

sure - make her purple like QS black and she's immediately great. conditional powerful red, board manipulator and special tile stealer. just a good black on a decent ** makes her loads more useful. I'm not adding her because I'm well past needing another ** but she would have been much more useful in my * to ** transition with these changes. she was on my first ** team with daken and ares and I remember the matches just being races to red and yellow and later (when I got it covered), green.
  • Malcrof
    TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

- Unreall

sure - make her purple like QS black and she's immediately great. conditional powerful red, board manipulator and special tile stealer. just a good black on a decent ** makes her loads more useful. I'm not adding her because I'm well past needing another ** but she would have been much more useful in my * to ** transition with these changes. she was on my first ** team with daken and ares and I remember the matches just being races to red and yellow and later (when I got it covered), green.

With 2* essentials being the norm, i have a feeling when this change goes live, it will be her turn to be an essential.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    I'll try to have something up to start today. Work and personal life have been somewhat demanding the past few days.
  • I wanted to vote, but felt a bit overwhelmed by the sheer size of the cast. I tip my hats to those who did vote and wait in anticipation of the results.

- Unreall
    ya itll shift things - look at pvp right now where if + bp is big even tho hulkbuster is buffed
  • TxMoose wrote:

- Unreall
    I guess my thing is Loki's black is a bit expensive for what you get, with her, it would be easy to keep stepping with Patch.
    - Unreall
  • I'll try to have something up to start today. Work and personal life have been somewhat demanding the past few days.

Take your time, very much appreciate you taking this on.