*** Vision (Android Avenger) ***

Unknown
edited December 2016 in Character Details
Are you not getting any HP on subs and end-event? This surely helps.
Vision (Android Avenger) :vision:
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 9690 Tile Damage: 61/70/79/13/12/11/3.5x
    Density: Heavy - 5 bluetile.png AP
    Vision increases his density, making himself incredibly heavy. Creates a Density: Heavy Blue 4-turn Countdown Tile. While this tile is on the board, Vision deals 88 more damage and his Red power becomes Heavy Strike. Destroys any existing Density tile.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Vision deals 106 more damage. Level 3: Vision deals 123 more damage. Level 4: Vision deals 158 more damage. Level 5: Vision deals 229 more damage. Level 3 Level 166: Vision deals 389 more damage. Level 4 Level 166: Vision deals 500 more damage. Level 5 Level 166: Vision deals 723 more damage.
    Attack Protocol - 10 redtile.png AP
    Changes based on Vision's density.
    Solar Beam - Deals 184 damage and destroys a random + of tiles.
    Light Disruption - Converts up to 2 enemy Strike or Protect tiles to basic tiles. Deals 137 damage per tile.
    Heavy Strike - Deals 274 damage to the enemy team.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Solar beam deals 267 damage. Light disruption deals 192 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 329 damage. Level 3: Solar beam deals 351 damage. Light disruption deals 247 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 384 damage. Level 4: Solar beam deals 519 damage. Light disruption deals 356 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 493 damage. Level 5: Solar beam deals 854 damage. Light disruption deals 575 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 712 damage. Level 3 Level 166: Solar beam deals 1115 damage. Light disruption deals 783 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 1217 damage. Level 4 Level 166: Solar beam deals 1647 damage. Light disruption deals 1131 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 1564 damage. Level 5 Level 166: Solar beam deals 2710 damage. Light disruption deals 1827 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 2259 damage.
    Density: Light - 5 yellowtile.png AP
    Vision reduces his density, becoming intangible. Creates a Density: Light Yellow 4-turn Countdown Tile. While this tile is on the board, Vision reduces damage to himself by 88 and his Red power becomes Light Disruption. Destroys any existing Density tile.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Reduces damage to Vision by 106. Level 3: Reduces damage to Vision by 123. Level 4: Reduces damage to Vision by 158. Level 5: Reduces damage to Vision by 229. Level 3 Level 166: Reduces damage to Vision by 389. Level 4 Level 166:Reduces damage to Vision by 500. Level 5 Level 166:Reduces damage to Vision by 723.
    If you allow me, I will quote you right here, with my updates, to be more visible. Thanks notamutant for completing with the right texts, indeed looks better.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
      CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
      Everything depends on how the powers improve with covers, of course, but based on what we can see now his red seems way too expensive for a Luke Cage-style combo move (where a countdown tile boosts a power, so you want to use it multiple times before the CD ends to get the full benefit) and his blue and yellow on their own rely on tanking tiles to do anything useful at all.
    • mohio
      mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
      Can a dev comment on what will happen if I have a heavy density tile on the board, lock it (say with IW), subsequently use Vision's yellow, creating a light density tile (but it shouldn't destroy the heavy one which has been locked since the lock removes all flags from it right?), and then unlock the heavy density tile with a match? The passive parts of the abilities wouldn't seem to clash, but his red ability looks like an "either A, B, or C, depending on density status" and not a modal A+B+C if certain requirements are met. Yet again more interesting things that can happen with IW around.
      ShionSinX wrote:
      Are you not getting any HP on subs and end-event? This surely helps.
      Did you look at the event rewards yet? 50 hp is the top reward for a 4 day event, likely going to be similar for 3 day ones also. Only a single progression reward of 25 hp (!). Sure there will be 4 sub events but those won't be giving out more than 50 hp a piece either. So, you can earn a whopping 275 hp from this event individually? anywhere from an extra 25-100 from your alliance placing well. I have 70 slots right now and they're costing 900 hp, that hardly makes a dent.
    • mohio wrote:
      Did you look at the event rewards yet? 50 hp is the top reward for a 4 day event, likely going to be similar for 3 day ones also. Only a single progression reward of 25 hp (!). Sure there will be 4 sub events but those won't be giving out more than 50 hp a piece either. So, you can earn a whopping 275 hp from this event individually? anywhere from an extra 25-100 from your alliance placing well. I have 70 slots right now and they're costing 900 hp, that hardly makes a dent.
      While this is true, the current EotS does not give a new character, so you could take the HP of this event also to a new slot. At 900 HP a piece is hard to take any one event only in account yeah, but with 70 slots I would guess you get a good amount of HP on PvP. Unless you use all the gained HP on shields for hops, then you are in a bad place and needs to make some strategy to have some income from PvP and dont stay even on all of them.
    • Vision (Android Avenger) :vision:
      3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki Link
      At Max Level: HP: 9690 Tile Damage: 61/70/79/13/12/11/3.5x
        Density: Heavy - 5 bluetile.png AP
        Vision increases his density, making himself incredibly heavy. Creates a Density: Heavy Blue 4-turn Countdown Tile. While this tile is on the board, Vision deals 88 more damage and his Red power becomes Heavy Strike. Destroys any existing Density tile.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Vision deals 106 more damage. Level 3: ??? Level 4: ??? Level 5: ???
        Attack Protocol - 10 redtile.png AP
        Changes based on Vision's density.
        Solar Beam - Deals 184 damage and destroys a random + of tiles.
        Light Disruption - Converts up to 2 enemy Strike or Protect tiles to basic tiles. Deals 137 damage per tile.
        Heavy Strike - Deals 274 damage to the enemy team.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Damage increases for all attacks. Level 3: ??? Level 4: ??? Level 5: ???
        Density: Light - 5 yellowtile.png AP
        Vision reduces his density, becoming intangible. Creates a Density: Light Yellow 4-turn Countdown Tile. While this tile is on the board, Vision reduces damage to himself by 88 and his Red power becomes Light Disruption. Destroys any existing Density tile.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Reduces damage to Vision by 106. Level 3: ??? Level 4: ??? Level 5: ???
      • OzarkBoatswain
        OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
        The Heavy Strike description gets cut off in the Steam version.
      • Carnage_78
        Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
        I, for one, am glad to see the originality that will be introduced with Vision's powers...which also seem to fit the comic character very well. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Not the foggiest idea how that character will end up actually holding up in a battle but I am totally curious to try it... icon_cool.gif

I say kudos to the game development team on the different concept that gets into the game with this character! icon_mrgreen.gif
      • How good he is depends 100% on what each ability does at 5 covers. So far he looks like a jack of all trades.
      • mjh
        mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
        wth is a + of tiles?

do you mean this?

bluetile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.png
        bluetile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.pngbluetile.png
        redtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.png
        purpletile.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.png
        yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png

why not just say destroys tiles in a cross shaped pattern
      • Unknown
        edited May 2015
        mjh wrote:
        wth is a + of tiles?

do you mean this?

bluetile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.png
        redtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.png
        purpletile.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.png
        yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.png

why not just say destroys tiles in a cross shaped pattern
        I just assumed it was a

bluetile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.png
        purpletile.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.png

Btw light disruption looks an awful lot like DD purple, Solar Beam looks an awful lot like xforce green, and heavy disruption feels a lot like KK green. For 10 red I'm really scared all 3 will be disappointing.
      • mjh wrote:
        wth is a + of tiles?
        I just copied straight from what the in-game text says. I assume that's what it means too. Maybe they ran out of room for text in the description.
      • CrookedKnight
        CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
        The cost on Attack Protocol looks way too high for its mechanics. A power like that should be something you can hope to use twice before the CD expires.
      • Tannen
        Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
        The cost on Attack Protocol looks way too high for its mechanics. A power like that should be something you can hope to use twice before the CD expires.

Disagree.

ROTP - lvl 1 - 194 team dmg.
        ROTP - lvl 2 - 272 team dmg.

HS - lvl 1 - 274 team dmg. (potentially + 88 from Heavy density tile -- 362?)
        HS - lvl 2 - 274 (+more) dmg. (potentially + 106 from Heavy density tile -- 380+more?)

10 red 5 blue for an ability that does more dmg (with no drawback) than rotp at lvl 1 -- even without the heavy density tile (that's 1.4x - 1.8x dmg with and without the tile respectively). Assuming that the scaling matches you're looking at an awful lot of dmg at level 166 / max covers. (assuming 3700 for rotp, you're looking at ~5100 to ~6700 team dmg)

Of course, we don't know what the later levels actually are yet, so the above is all pure speculation at this point. icon_e_smile.gif

Cheers.
      • Gotta say I love the art, well done devs
      • Tannen wrote:

Disagree.

ROTP - lvl 1 - 194 team dmg.
        ROTP - lvl 2 - 272 team dmg.

HS - lvl 1 - 274 team dmg. (potentially + 88 from Heavy density tile -- 362?)
        HS - lvl 2 - 274 (+more) dmg. (potentially + 106 from Heavy density tile -- 380+more?)

10 red 5 blue for an ability that does more dmg (with no drawback) than rotp at lvl 1 -- even without the heavy density tile (that's 1.4x - 1.8x dmg with and without the tile respectively). Assuming that the scaling matches you're looking at an awful lot of dmg at level 166 / max covers. (assuming 3700 for rotp, you're looking at ~5100 to ~6700 team dmg)

Of course, we don't know what the later levels actually are yet, so the above is all pure speculation at this point. icon_e_smile.gif

Cheers.
        I guarantee it won't do more damage than RoTP for the ap. We won't see characters that straight up overtake BP and Lthor for the ap.
      • Tannen
        Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
        ArkPrime wrote:
        I guarantee it won't do more damage than RoTP for the ap. We won't see characters that straight up overtake BP and Lthor for the ap.

Probably not, but it's fun to imagine. icon_e_smile.gif

Also, even if it ends up roughly the same, that's still going to be a beastly move.

Cheers.
      • turul
        turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
        mohio wrote:
        Can a dev comment on what will happen if I have a heavy density tile on the board, lock it (say with IW), subsequently use Vision's yellow, creating a light density tile (but it shouldn't destroy the heavy one which has been locked since the lock removes all flags from it right?), and then unlock the heavy density tile with a match? The passive parts of the abilities wouldn't seem to clash, but his red ability looks like an "either A, B, or C, depending on density status" and not a modal A+B+C if certain requirements are met. Yet again more interesting things that can happen with IW around.

Mystique double-shapeshift is not possible even with IW-lock unfortunatelly (gets replaced regardless of lock) - I guess similar will happen with Vision. But sometimes, bugs happen...
      • Malcrof
        Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
        His abilities actually make him perfect for the name Puzzle Quest. He could be one of the better utility players to come out in a long while. I cannot wait to see how people team him... i know he will end up being used with Kingpin's poke
      • Jathro
        Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
        Withholding final judgment until I see full abilities, but this looks like one of those "cool concept, bad execution"types. You'll need to stockpile a lot of blue and yellow to get red to be the toolbox ability it appears designed to be. At least they're cheap
      • Unknown
        edited May 2015
        Am I the only one that gets the feeling this will be another character the AI cannot use? Like, at all?
      • To me it seems the AI will never use him right
        Plus unless 3 red has a decent damage you will never use both type of tiles at the ideal build
        So there goes your choice
        Sounds like a Moonstone 3*; jack of all trades master of none
        The art is awesome at least