It's Official: Compensation

13»

Comments

• Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    I think they should just give everyone 1 of each Hulkbuster and, 1 of each Scarlet Witch. That sounds like a lot, but honestly, what are you going to do with a 1/1/1 Hulkbuster anyway? The only thing you can do is spend money covering it, so it actually works out for the devs better anyway.

4 tokens is surely better than nothing, so that's good. I don't think they understand that with all of the negative feelings they've generated lately (and over the last 3 months) that they need to respond with massive amounts of free stuff to win people back, though.
  • Utter bull as usual from Demiurge. Run the most basic alogrithm for compensation on Ultron, and ignore the fact that they destroyed many players' PvP and PvE that we running concurrently. As usual, they take the global (and easiest) approach to the issue and to hell with anyone who gets hurt beyond this.

I lost the last 2 hours of a PvP where I was sat at 960 points, together with 5 hours of PvE. Conservatively, the issues cost me:

1 4* Thor cover
    1 3* Cap cover
    100 HP
    2000 ISO
    2/3 tokens

Instead I get the slap in the face that is 100 HP and 4 tokens that all turned into 2* covers.

Laughably bad, but then I expect nothing more from Demiurge these days.
  • royalflush95
    royalflush95 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    2900 HP, Black Panther blackflag.png x2, and Scarlet Witch purpleflag.png . Couldn't be happier.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Everybody should get the same compensation, but some get several thousand hp and covers while others get 100 hp and 1k iso. i don't think that's fair.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Everybody should get the same compensation, but some get several thousand hp and covers while others get 100 hp and 1k iso. i don't think that's fair.
    Yes, that is exactly why tokens as compensation is an insult.

Give everyone the same compensation, and err on the side of generosity.

Good example of compensation: the Mystique cover they gave out when a season ended 5 hrs early. Everyone who was within 1000 points got the cover. Generated a ton of goodwill.

Bad example of compensation: every time tokens were given out. It's a slap in the face.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Yes, that is exactly why tokens as compensation is an insult.

Give everyone the same compensation, and err on the side of generosity.

Good example of compensation: the Mystique cover they gave out when a season ended 5 hrs early. Everyone who was within 1000 points got the cover. Generated a ton of goodwill.

Bad example of compensation: every time tokens were given out. It's a slap in the face.

Thats nothing it seems NOTHING will be given out to those PVP and PVE were screwed up when their server crashed that friday.