[Poll]Run 2: How many Ultron Rounds did your Alliance clear?

Options
GuntherBlobel
GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Again, I'm just curious.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Django is about to clear Rd 7.
    No chance at Rd 8, naturally.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lock and Load has about 1.5 million left in round 7. But as Bowgentle says with Django, round 8 ain't gonna happen icon_mad.gificon_cry.gificon_mad.gif

update: LL finished round 7, but with less than a day left, round 8 is not looking too promising.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There are two alliances we know of (Tacos and Best (I think)) who stand a chance at clearing round 8. There certainly could be 2-3 others in the heavy PVE camp (KAzzStars, Groot) who might do it as well. That means *maybe* 100 players in the game get the last cover. Since we know there are at least 10k players who hit at least round six last time (due to that many being stated as getting compensation for making it that far, which doesn't factor in how many made it past six), that should give you an idea of what a miniscule amount that is. That's less than giving it out to 1st place in a bracket of 1,000, and that is with me being generous in thinking 100 players might have played perfectly in groups of 20 for 5 days.
  • seth_is_OK
    seth_is_OK Posts: 48
    Options
    In Run 1, PowerPack finished Round 6 and were almost half of the way through Round 7 before the server issues (I know we weren't going to finish in time). We won't even make it to halfway of Round 6 before this is done. I was hoping for a Hulkbuster cover, but it's not in the cards for us.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Groot will finish around 7 today. No shot at Round 8 of course.

MAYBE if we got all our best players from all alliances into one alliance we could have done it, but, we were trying to match up stronger scorers with weaker scorers to account for the way things went the first time around.

But I am skeptical that any alliance can finish round 8. If someone does, my hat's off to them.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SymmeTrey wrote:

MAYBE if we got all our best players from all alliances into one alliance we could have done it, but, we were trying to match up stronger scorers with weaker scorers to account for the way things went the first time around.

But I am skeptical that any alliance can finish round 8. If someone does, my hat's off to them.
    Ok, if Groot can't finish rd 8, there's no hope for the rest of us.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 527 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We finished round 7 a few hours ago.

Despite grinding pretty hard it doesn't seem possible to finish round 8 for us.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In Ultron 1, we finished with a day and a half left (I think one refresh behind top alliances finished).

In Ultron 2, we're a stone's throw away of finishing round 7, will need the second to last refresh to simply GET to round 8. Which is good, since I don't trust the servers to be available for folks to either grind to round 8 or get their HB from beating round 7 around the time of the last refresh. I'm not all worried about those few/any that get to round 8, I feel bad for anyone close to finishing round 7: that might be where many, many more lose out on rewards when (if, ha ha!) the servers crash.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    SymmeTrey wrote:

Ok, if Groot can't finish rd 8, there's no hope for the rest of us.
    Gr00t would've been sitting nicely if we'd kept our run 1 configuration
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lazy Surfers should clear Round 7. We had 1.2 million health left just before the 12 noon EST sub-node reset. (I.e. we only need 10-11 players to do a full clear before 8pm EST).
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    CareBearStare finished Round 7 at around 9PM May 2nd.

We are farming tokens and such, but not making any go at 8.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Immortal Rage cleared Round 7 late last night, we have about 13 million on round 8, so I'm not thinking we have much of a shot
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    we cleared the 1st event in 50 hours

we are in round 7 and it is not possible to complete, just mining tokens now

I can't help but think that part of it is because of the lack of information; when told that changes could not be made and not told not about the fact that the points increase and not to worry about all reaching 1M.

Because of that we played with 18 instead of 20 so that all would get 1M and we took our time at first so that less powerful alliance mates could get the easy early points. It was a great surprise that we should have completed round 4 even before the first refresh .

The design of this event is questionable but mistake happen, the misinformation and secrecy about the rules and points is pointless and upsetting
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Finished round 7 after the Saturday morning refresh and with 4 refreshes remaining, but that's just not enough time to do round 8. We needed to finish round 7 or round 4 one refresh earlier to be able to pull off round 8.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Someone has voted that they finished round 8 in the poll. Which alliance managed that? (and grats to who ever pulled it off!)
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Barring a catastrophic server outage the Best has less than 4 million to go in 10 hours (2 full refreshes left) and should clear 8.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    Barring a catastrophic server outage the Best has less than 4 million to go in 10 hours (2 full refreshes left) and should clear 8.

What's your alliance top and bottom score, and the average if you don't mind me asking. Cheers.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    MarCr wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

What's your alliance top and bottom score, and the average if you don't mind me asking. Cheers.

This is our top 10 at the moment. Ultron has 2,864,999 left in round 8, for reference.

ThphryOl.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Good luck. It will be tight, if its even possible with one session left.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MarCr wrote:
    Good luck. It will be tight, if its even possible with one session left.

I think we were getting about 3.5 million per refresh (without ideal clears), they can get it.