Kabir - Why did you (Unintentionally?) mislead us?

Comments

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I don't understand why anyone's first reaction to the fact that there are different values for getting a 4* than a 3* is that "someone lied to us". I was actually expecting to see the Round 6 node be a 3* and IMHB only be available on Rounds 7 & 8 since that is similar to how they change the rewards on a normal PvE for a 4*. But the current change is actually better since it removes the barrier for everyone in the alliance getting all the progression rewards. So I don't think there is any lying, conspiracy, evil intent, or devious plot here, simply a harder reward tier for the 4* character.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Having HB black as the alliance reward in enemy of the state is a pretty good indication that they knew from the start that nobody was going to get all 3 colours from Ultron.

Yeah yeah, it's all RNG, sure. Pff.

you're 100% right. It initially looked like they were having hb rewards twice. Like it was a real anniversary like event to celebrate avengers 2.

I guess we should have known better. The reason for the same rewards twice is bc the Ultron event was designed so ppl couldn't get those rewards. Every time we think they're doing something great for the players, there is always a catch intentional or not.

Remember the first run of dp vs mpq? Everyone was loving the event till the servers crashed. It's probably still the date of the record of most ppl on the forum. That crash also cost rewards in the pvp that was going on (lt?).

anyone remember that compensation? Tokens aka maybe you'll get real compensation for your trouble, maybe you won't. It all relied on rng. Either way, you weren't going to the rewards you would have gotten if there had not been problems out of the control of players.

They can say they'll compensate us. But the absurd points requirement and the change done with no communication of the change should both be strong reminders to the players, they have their own agenda, and it's not to be fair or do right by us.

I missed out only on a blue 800 mq reward. But I promise you, I won't be getting it, even though the problem was not my fault. A lot of other players lost a lot more. I'm sorry if the past is any guide you won't get what you worked so hard for. You won't get anything close to it.
  • Jasonzakibe
    Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
    rixmith wrote:
    I don't understand why anyone's first reaction to the fact that there are different values for getting a 4* than a 3* is that "someone lied to us". I was actually expecting to see the Round 6 node be a 3* and IMHB only be available on Rounds 7 & 8 since that is similar to how they change the rewards on a normal PvE for a 4*. But the current change is actually better since it removes the barrier for everyone in the alliance getting all the progression rewards. So I don't think there is any lying, conspiracy, evil intent, or devious plot here, simply a harder reward tier for the 4* character.
    But Kabir specifically said it wasn't going to be different. The post is stickied at the top of the forum. That's what they're calling a lie.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    MarCr wrote:
    Koko81 wrote:
    I actually read that as "If you guys finish round 8 for hulkbuster, your alliance will still be locked out this time". I'm not trying to argue here defending them I'm just saying it could have been interpreted differently depending on how you read it.

That's how I read it to. I think most of us were aware that to get max progression for Hulkbuster would have been much harder than Witch, they just seemed to have set the numbers to a silly amount.

That's true. On one hand, in retrospect, sure it makes perfect sense that it would be harder to complete this round. On the other hand, why do I need to contract a lawyer to come help me look over developer posts in order to understand what they are saying/not saying?
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    daibar wrote:
    I see no lie here, only a bad assumption on a players' part that many of us already thought would not be the case. Slandering a dev due to disappointment is poor form.

How is this an assumption? He said that the problem couldn't be fixed for round 2. He is on the dev team, he knew what the health was going to be set at. So either one of two things happened:

1. He knew the health total and didn't say anything. This implies that either he was just oblivious to how this event works or he was deliberately not telling the truth. Is it better that he doesn't think about what he is saying or doesn't know how his own game runs? I don't know

2. They Shadow "Fixed" this problem by adding more health after his statement. Which means he wasn't telling the truth about not changing it.

Hey, you know. I guess I can see that he was just completely oblivious to the implications of his statement. Maybe he didn't realize that it would cause alliance to slow play the first nodes, or separate their top players. But if this is the case he maybe can come and say something about it.

I love this game. I've put money into this game. I don't believe that any of these things mean that I "deserve" anything, or that they shouldn't change stuff. I just want the information I get from the Dev's to be factual and correct. I support the Dev's in almost everything they do.

Maybe I shouldn't have titled this post in such a inflammatory way.

A little more communication could go a far way... I'm not sure the dev's understand that. If we didn't need to get all of our info from one single sentence, then maybe these things could be avoided.

LXSandman
  • defixu
    defixu Posts: 32
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Having HB black as the alliance reward in enemy of the state is a pretty good indication that they knew from the start that nobody was going to get all 3 colours from Ultron.

Yeah yeah, it's all RNG, sure. Pff.

This is a very warped way to interpret the facts. Sure, they knew Ultron for a 4* was going to be much harder, so they the put the pretty much impossible to reach black IMHB cover up as verz reachable alliance reward for the PVE. This is a good and thoughtful thing, why are you crying foul on this?

It feel like lately, this place has turned from forum to complaint box, where everything is interpreted negatively. D3 is playing no small part in this with the nerfs and op and back to backcharacter releases, but instead of almost outright vilifying them, let's be fair and give credit where it's due.
  • LXSandman wrote:

How is this an assumption? He said that the problem couldn't be fixed for round 2. He is on the dev team, he knew what the health was going to be set at. So either one of two things happened:

It hasn't been fixed, if you complete Ultron 8 you're still locked out.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    MarCr wrote:
    LXSandman wrote:

yes, the devs are very clever with double speak, nothing can be taken at face value
  • LXSandman
    MarCr wrote:
    LXSandman wrote:

The problem wasn't that people got locked out. The problem he was commenting on was the inter-Alliance competition and that not everyone could get the progression rewards. We are kind of getting into semantics here though. I guess if you want you can read it any way you want.

I'm going to update the post title to be less inflammatory

LXSandman
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    who said he Lied he may not even had the info in front of him.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Good job on changing the thread title. I don't think it was lie, I don't even think it was intentional. I think it was just another failure to communicate well from the development team.

I can tell they are trying to improve this so I give them credit for that, but, I think they dropped the ball here. A simple "just a heads up guys, 4* rewards means the next run MAY be more challenging..." would have prevented all this vitriol.
  • And you guys wonder why the developers don't comment often. They are trying to give information and be helpful, and people want to try and twist it around.
  • SymmeTrey wrote:
    Good job on changing the thread title. I don't think it was lie, I don't even think it was intentional. I think it was just another failure to communicate well from the development team.

I can tell they are trying to improve this so I give them credit for that, but, I think they dropped the ball here. A simple "just a heads up guys, 4* rewards means the next run MAY be more challenging..." would have prevented all this vitriol.

Really agree with this post. I think it was a message that was interpreted differently for everyone and I really feel like Kabir was actually trying to help us and not mislead us intentionally.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think this is just another math fail.
    they apparently didn't check or care that 20 people getting max progression on run 1 was impossible
    they apparently didn't check or care that completing run 2 was impossible
    anything more than 15mil in round 8 would make this event impossible from the start
  • taloncarde wrote:
    And you guys wonder why the developers don't comment often. They are trying to give information and be helpful, and people want to try and twist it around.

They actually comment quite often. The issue is that they are not very good at it.
  • LXSandman
    SymmeTrey wrote:

yeah I'm just salty about the issue. Your suggestion would have solved the whole thing. And really it's not a big issue, as others have said the plus side is that we should all get the 1 mil progression no problem.

I think I'm actually more upset at the actual numbers they cam up with for the rewards, but that has been covered off on the other math related threads.

I probably shouldn't have posted at all. I'm just wanted to hear a response from Kabir about it... but I'm sure that's not going to happen.

LXSandman
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. Of course we were intentionally mislead.
    2. This too shall pass.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Koko81 wrote:
    The rewards are achievable but for those hardcore pve teams. My alliance isn't hardcore and we will finish round 6 today (that's 1 HB cover) and have two days to finish round 7 (Second HB cover). Ya we won't get to finish round 8 but doesn't mean we should be able to do it easily. It's gotten to the point on the forums where we want everything just given to us. Those rare alliances that actually get to finish round 8 are gonna feel pretty good of what they accomplished (even if that means major burnout) and they deserve that third and extra cover. If everyone is hitting top reward than whats the point of having a top reward. The top should be for those who deserve it, not those who just played it when they could. And it's not like they aren't giving you any HB covers.

I would rather have trouble collecting these characters rather than everyone playing with the same. Let's have some sense of reward in this game and not just easy hand downs.
    Are you Kabir's alt?

The rewards might have been achievable for hardcore pve teams IF they had complete information when the event began. Not knowing that Ultron's health would double in round 7 (and who knows how much it will increase in round 8) means that those hardcore PVE teams strategized how to avoid repeating the mistakes of the first event. Groot, as already explained, mixed up hardcore and more casual players. I'm in X-Men and we took our grinders from the different alliances in the first round and put 17 of them in separate alliances, figuring 17 could complete the event but could do so in a way that ensured everyone reached 1 million. That meant we did not necessarily complete the earlier rounds as quickly as we could (though we are just about to open round 7 now) and we don't have the manpower to finish the later rounds as quickly as we could if we had started with a full complement of 20 grinders. By our calculation, we will finish round 7 mid-day on Saturday, but that does not give us time to complete round 8.
  • Koko81 wrote:
    The rewards are achievable but for those hardcore pve teams. My alliance isn't hardcore and we will finish round 6 today (that's 1 HB cover) and have two days to finish round 7 (Second HB cover). Ya we won't get to finish round 8 but doesn't mean we should be able to do it easily. It's gotten to the point on the forums where we want everything just given to us. Those rare alliances that actually get to finish round 8 are gonna feel pretty good of what they accomplished (even if that means major burnout) and they deserve that third and extra cover. If everyone is hitting top reward than whats the point of having a top reward. The top should be for those who deserve it, not those who just played it when they could. And it's not like they aren't giving you any HB covers.

I would rather have trouble collecting these characters rather than everyone playing with the same. Let's have some sense of reward in this game and not just easy hand downs.
    Are you Kabir's alt?

The rewards might have been achievable for hardcore pve teams IF they had complete information when the event began. Not knowing that Ultron's health would double in round 7 (and who knows how much it will increase in round 8) means that those hardcore PVE teams strategized how to avoid repeating the mistakes of the first event. Groot, as already explained, mixed up hardcore and more casual players. I'm in X-Men and we took our grinders from the different alliances in the first round and put 17 of them in separate alliances, figuring 17 could complete the event but could do so in a way that ensured everyone reached 1 million. That meant we did not necessarily complete the earlier rounds as quickly as we could (though we are just about to open round 7 now) and we don't have the manpower to finish the later rounds as quickly as we could if we had started with a full complement of 20 grinders. By our calculation, we will finish round 7 mid-day on Saturday, but that does not give us time to complete round 8.

What does me voicing my opinion regarding the topic have to do with me being Kabirs alt account? lool

If you read those comments as "NOTHING WILL BE CHANGED EVRYTHING WILL STAY THE SAME" then why aren't you sitting here and complaining regarding the fact that there are two scarlet witch essentials that don't change while the last event was Quicksilver. If you took those comments literally, then it doesn't mean those were his intentions. That's all I'm trying to say with this post.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    I don't think that Kabir was intentionally misleading with that particular statement.

However, I saw how it could be taken and specifically asked whether or not the health levels and number of rounds would stay the same. Enough people were following up on that question that I'm comfortable saying that their non-answer was deliberate. A simple "No" would have given people enough information that they could have planned differently.

We took our foot off the gas early to try to get as many people progression awards during the dun (follow-up compensation is fine, but slow), but realistically we're probably still going to clear Round 7 and probably wouldn't have cleared Round 8 anyway, so we're not directly affected. A lot of other alliances were, though.

The health level surprise didn't have to be the decidedly non-punch item in the punch bowl that it turned out to be.
This discussion has been closed.