Direct your Oscorp: Heroic hate here

Comments

• I'm not mad; I'm confused. Maybe they're trying to determine what the absolute floor on participation is? This might be the first PVE I ever just skip.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    Are they actually going to let this run? Really?
    I still don't understand. What's the problem?

Have they ever had two PvEs at the same time? For me, the problem is the Ultron event is fun and interesting, but the grindiest of the grindy and a real health pack eater. Having another PvE and a despised Heroic at the same time seems ... shortsighted.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    This might be the first PVE I ever just skip.
    Nevermind. Now I see the problem.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are a newish player with not enough avengers in your roster or not in alliance, AvU is unplayable to you. This event may have been created for those people.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I agree that the timing is suspect. But I think part of the reason is that D3 expects the top pve alliances will finish the ultron event in like 2 days. If so, then in their view something else needs to be available for players to do in pve afterwards.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:

Was that directed at me?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    If you are a newish player with not enough avengers in your roster or not in alliance, AvU is unplayable to you. This event may have been created for those people.
    It could be good for those guys in small alliances too where this one is too tough with a 10 man alliance.
  • Several members in my alliance do not have the essential charachters for Ultron, so they are either waiting for the timer to countdown or those of us who do have them to kill Ultron and start the next round, so they appreciate having more content to keep playing.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, it would be good content, well not *good* but content anyway, for those outside of an alliance or unable to play Ultron consistently.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Let's see, major event, one PVE ending, one PVP ending, one PVP begining, Shield Sim, end of PVP season, then a heroic on top of it all? Yeah, no problem at all
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    You people whining about this do realise that this game isn't specifically designed to cater to the forum players, right? And that, inconceivable though it may be to you, there could be some players out there who don't have the essentials required for Ultron, or who aren't in an alliance, or who aren't even interested in playing Ultron?

You really expect there to be no PvE event for other players, just because you happen to want to play Ultron? Seriously, the lack of consideration towards the 'big picture' and other players is absurd at times, but this... exceeds even my low, low expectations of what people will find to complain about.

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • GuntherBlobel
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Was that directed at me?
    No, not really. But your response was an "aha" moment for me. I never understand these threads. What's the problem with choosing how you want to spend your time? Heroic or Ultron? Neither or both?

I guess it is a big deal if you play without exception.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, I don't see the problem. It's not like people are clawing at each other for She-Hulk or anything. It's hard to see how you're significantly impaired game-wise if you just ignore the event entirely.
  • GuntherBlobel
    fmftint wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Let's see, major event, one PVE ending, one PVP ending, one PVP begining, Shield Sim, end of PVP season, then a heroic on top of it all? Yeah, no problem at all
    That doesn't answer my question in the slightest. But, don't worry, I already figured it out.
  • Along with these simultaneous PvE events, Season XIII ends this Sunday as well. Talk about event overkill, yeesh!
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Yeah, I don't see the problem. It's not like people are clawing at each other for She-Hulk or anything. It's hard to see how you're significantly impaired game-wise if you just ignore the event entirely.

Maybe the whole thing is designed specifically to torture and burn out the must-place-at-any-cost alliances. I might take a crack at Oscorp once Sim rewards drop, but there's a snowball's chance in Hades I'm gonna play it competitively. Once or twice through the nodes, bank some more ISO and HP and wherever I place at the end is fine with me.
  • Lazycap Red as the top progression award?!? I'm in.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lazycap Red as the top progression award?!? I'm in.

What? No, you are supposed to be outraged! This event is obviously a big middle finger from Demiurge to players, NOT another venue for players to choose what parts of the game to play according to their time and roster capabilities to get rewards they want. That's just silly talking.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Lazycap Red as the top progression award?!? I'm in.

What? No, you are supposed to be outraged! This event is obviously a big middle finger from Demiurge to players, NOT another venue for players to choose what parts of the game to play according to their time and roster capabilities to get rewards they want. That's just silly talking.

I hear where you're coming from. Even as a relatively new player (200 days give or take), I laughed when I saw this event pop up during all this Ultron/PVP/Season's End madness. I laughed again when I checked the rewards and saw She Hulk as the prize for this Ill-timed PVE (even though my She Hulk is at 1-4-1, I could care less considering the timing).

Like most of you, I wrote the event off entirely with little afterthought. It wasn't until I noticed icon_captainamerica.png was featured in the Event Tokens that I checked the progression award and there it was... My elusive 5th icon_captainamerica.pngredflag.png . Mine's been sitting at 5-3-5 for months!! It wasn't until the last round of DPD, did I get him to 4-4-5. So yes, I'm excited to play this PVE VERY CASUALLY between Ultron and PVP until I hit the max progression award, and then I will stop. And the Angels will sing, for my icon_captainamerica.png will finally be all grown up.

I'm clearly in the minority here, however I'm sure there was a time when all of you would've been thrilled at the chance for a free icon_captainamerica.pngredflag.png
  • GuntherBlobel
    I think there's another reason to want more PvEs running. The "Alliance Event" is great for everyone in the very beginning, but by Round 5, Ultron can quickly scale beyond what some Alliance-mates can handle, leaving them with nothing left to contribute even though Ultron is far from over. It's an unavoidable downside to this otherwise great Event.

icon_captainamerica.png Lvl 5 redflag.png is definately one of those additions to your Roster that will keep you playing the Ultron Event longer during the next run. Enjoy.