Sooo....how's your Simulator scaling?

Comments

• Lidolas wrote:
    Lidolas wrote:
    Umm, how does the node have two team-ups? icon_e_confused.gif

He said he played it twice.

Shoot. I didn't know if you lost a node, the team-up would change. Interesting. Thanks! icon_e_smile.gif

AFAIK it doesn't. He used 2 different teams. The TU selected by the enemy has everything to do with the 3 heroes you bring.
  • Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    My hard nods started at 209, so that means D3 does not want anyone to play there games, they might as well delete the f... thing then, I am not gona stress myself playing hard nods like that, especially for dumdum prize like a token....maybe it's time to go back to bejewled icon_lol.gif
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    After three passes of the hard Sim, my first node is level 236. Sim 4 is at 321, and sim 7 is 314. Needless to say I will not be grinding it down tonight. It looks like there are only about 5 people in my sub that have done three full passes, so I'm guessing it's hard for everyone.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,364 Chairperson of the Boards
    why play the event, score low so the next event they will put you in an easy bracket icon_e_smile.gif like that ever happens
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    I finished my second go through on simulator hard last night at midnight. I was in 2 or 3rd place. It has been 16 hours since and now I am in 5 place...hardly anyone is playing this pve. I have done 3 run throughs on easy and 2 on hard and I am currently in 17th and haven't played it since this morning at 7:30.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    grunth13 wrote:
    I finished my second go through on simulator hard last night at midnight. I was in 2 or 3rd place. It has been 16 hours since and now I am in 5 place...hardly anyone is playing this pve. I have done 3 run throughs on easy and 2 on hard and I am currently in 17th and haven't played it since this morning at 7:30.

Makes me wonder if they will actually learn from it.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    MarvelMan wrote:
    grunth13 wrote:

Makes me wonder if they will actually learn from it.

Do they learn anything from anything? I have yet to see them make a positive move from the advice on this forum.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    My first round of Simulators just ended. In the Hard node I did the 3 Essentials once and the 4 nodes to get the 2000 ISO. 7 total nodes, once each. And I finished Top 50 in my bracket. Unbelievable.
  • Well, everyone is kicking my ****, I feel frustrated and angry. All my leveled-up characters are dead, I have 0 health packs left and I'm not having fun. So, I think scaling is working as designed icon_razz.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    I'm having a hell of a time trying to beat any of the essential nodes than require Iron Man (Canned Beast). Just got beat by Deadpool, BagLady and BagSilver for chrissakes. The worst damn part of it is that it took them god dmaned forever!!! to finish me off! No damn fun at all. I don't think the devs actually play this game. icon_e_confused.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Apostrophe wrote:
    Well, everyone is kicking my ****, I feel frustrated and angry. All my leveled-up characters are dead, I have 0 health packs left and I'm not having fun. So, I think scaling is working as designed icon_razz.gif

You are off to a great start!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • What I'll say about this event is how it shows how broken the AI is. As of the last two days, I've had my **** handed to me three times by level 70ish teams in the simulator, even while bring a 184 boosted Hulk. Somehow a level 70 Captain America is creating 172 protect tiles, Professor X is popping Blind Spot in the most remote corner of the board and then proceeds to boost protect/strike/attack tiles that Beast creates to unbelievably high numbers...etc. all while cascading tiles and hitting multiple Match-5s and proceeding to hit my team with multiple special attack per round. What ever changes they've made in the last week, it seems they've only succeeding in making this game even worse than before.
  • Are people complaining that they're able to hold their placement somewhat well (remember sub is 200, not 1000 people)? Is the hard mode nodes too easy that you were expecting to fall to the bottom of the pool after beating those random combination of level 200-395 guys? Is the lack of Iron Fist at level 395 making everything look too easy? Well he'll be on the hard node in one of the sub for sure (on the jackpot node even) and I don't even want to think about how I am supposed to deal with him there...
  • rixmith wrote:
    My first round of Simulators just ended. In the Hard node I did the 3 Essentials once and the 4 nodes to get the 2000 ISO. 7 total nodes, once each. And I finished Top 50 in my bracket. Unbelievable.

I got top 50 in my hard sub doing two nodes, once each. That probably shouldn't have been possible.
  • I just realised how similar Simulator is to Gauntlet, but with way more tokens and HP to ease the pain. I don't think the scaling is worse than before but its definitely not better. Just hoping to hang onto Top 10 for that red Steve.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even after what we've seen in this event, I can guarantee that after the next round of nerfs, someone will STILL say, "Don't worry, you should see your scaling come down after these nerfs"

Two hours left in the sub, I should be grinding, except I have no health packs, and I have no characters. WTG D3.
  • Normally, I would be able to deal with the scaling. The health increase has made the Simulator unplayable for me. I would be able to down characters before their powers got off. Not now. So I've been sitting this one out.

Thanks,

James
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    rixmith wrote:

I did all nodes once every refresh, and I didn't even have to grind in the end. Ended up first place. On both hard and easy subs.
  • Even if the levels aren't coming down it sure takes a lot less wins to get a good placement, provided you managed to win at all.

I just had a game where Elektra fired off 4 Shadow Steps in a row and I don't even have enough health to left to take the damage for breaking Shadow Step even if she stopped fighting back even though she only has 2K health left. To be fair the other two characters were Gorgon and X Force (who were downed) so it's not like I would've lived against their blacks. Well, Surgical Strike is actually sort of surviveable too, or at least one guy can take one for the team and then it might be contained if that didn't change your strongest color.
  • Sooo....I got wrecked by Captain Marvel Ms. Marvel, Juggernaut, and effing 1# Widow at 110, 110, 111 respectively. I know that doesn't sound bad, and I threw my **** characters into the ring because I've one with **** teams before (I.E. Bullseye, Bag-Man, Hawkeye Modern) quite successfully. I can understand getting beaten fairly because statistically they shouldn't win--however, coming out of the gate with a nearly all-blue board reminiscent of the days of environment tiles I call ****. So even after weathering a couple Widow's Stings and even one Headbutt (I sacrificed Bullseye), of course Captain Marvel comes in with a strategic command that sparks not one, not two, no, not three, but four extra moves after the fact. Here's a big [expletive deleted] you, D3P on that one.

So my point comes in as: did D3P amp the AI SIGNIFICANTLY or am I playing legit people somewhere just for laughs; sometimes some of the moves the AI makes, the way the powers are utilized, and the nature in which AI reserves AP instead of directly attacking is entirely reminiscent of how a real person would play. The AI before never waited to use moves or attack specific characters when they attacked--the AI literally made Juggernaut wait until Cap who was under 3000HP attacked to sandwich him with a Headbutt; not Areas sitting close to full health.

So I'm a little P/O'd at the fact that the board felt rigged towards the characters and that at least 3 out of 6-7 battles the enemy team opened up with a power combo giving 4, 5, 6 AP off first move. I'm fine with the smarter AI choices, and seemingly smarter match choices. And I can handle the scaling--I've taken out 270 teams with 2*s and boosts.

All-in-all, sometimes the entire board and start of the game feels rigged for the AI.

And can someone answer me as to whether D3P amped the AI and/or has real PVP gameplay now?