Sooo....how's your Simulator scaling?

Omega Blacc
Omega Blacc Posts: 69 Match Maker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I only ask because my FIRST node on "Simulator: Hard" was 173 2* Torch, 174 Venom and 174 Bullseye.

Their teamups were 166 Thor "Call The Storm" and OBW "Aggressive Recon"

I finally gave in after 2 losses and Patch Bombed them, but I ask myself "Why would I play this?"

Comments

• For me it's not so much the scaling as it is the team compositions that are making it hard. I've lost a lot more than normal but it's more fun than grinding 20 goon nodes.
    Plus I swear D3 upped the AI difficulty along with all the other changes they've been making. It's like I'm playing a whole new game sometimes.
  • Not so much a change in the AI rather than us noticing more of its quirks as matches last so much more longer than before. Longer the match, the higher the probability is can go sideways.

I pretty much had the same experience than you OP, and came to the same conclusion.
    The only thing I did this time is grind to the final price of 1000 ISO both in easy and hard mode, so 2 times 4 battles and nothing else.
    A shame given the simulator used to be my favorite event. icon_e_sad.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was crazy high last time, higher than the crazy high it was the time before.

Don't need the progression or rewards, alliance stopped running PVE's since they tend to cause burn-out when you do the same one over and over and over, grinding to always get alliance T100, scaling constantly going up. Hopefully by skipping it entirely this time, the scaling will go down for the next run.
  • I'm putting no effort into this thing. The lowest levels I've seen are about 170. I did two nodes in the hard sub, one time each - the easiest overall and the easiest essential. I think that got me top 50.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    I will say, I'm a little disappointed that D3 didn't immediately realize that scaling might need to be adjusted for the higher HP totals. It was one thing to fight 395s when you could blast them down quickly. Now that they hang around forever, the scaling is a little more ridiculous.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only ask because my FIRST node on "Simulator: Hard" was 173 2* Torch, 174 Venom and 174 Bullseye.
    Mine are 290. Wishing the top rank prize was anything other than PX
  • simonsez
    I will say, I'm a little disappointed that D3 didn't immediately realize that scaling might need to be adjusted for the higher HP totals.
    That would be inconsistent with Operation Vet Purge...
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    That would be inconsistent with Operation Vet Purge...
    ^This!

You should start a thread so all the people getting ready to quit at the end of season (because it's a real dick move to quit on your alliance mid-season) can post their sadness, and days played, and maybe dollars spent if they want. I'd do it myself, but you coined the term, so I think you should get credit.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine started at 277 at are now 290
  • simonsez
    Square wrote:
    I'd do it myself, but you coined the term, so I think you should get credit.
    Thanks, but I will happily license its use to you for a one-time fee of 20 ISO. I do enough pot-stirring as it is...
  • Mine was kind of odd...

My "trivial" nodes were actually pretty easily manageable, hence "trivial." They felt trivial, or at least relatively painless. I took damage, but nothing too overwhelming.

My "easy" nodes wiped most of the best teams I could muster, which made me question where my understanding of "easy" and MPQ's diverge. I managed to complete them, but I wouldn't do it again, considering my health pack usage vs. the 20 ISO rewards, which seemed woefully out of proportion for the effort.

My "normal" modes were essentially me attempting to put up my best team, getting downed, trying again, getting downed, and then giving up. Not sure if that's "normal" difficulty by my definition, but yeah. I guess I "normally" got owned by them, so there's that. lol

DBC
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Mine are non-existent. I havent joined, may not at all. Them **** with chars and adding health then, conveniently, forgetting that those would impact scaling.....par for the course. I dont need the rewards, and I am more and more finding myself spending time (and money) elsewhere.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sold Mystique while she had increased sell price so I cant do essentials, and my LCap is optimally covered, so I have no pressing need to play this event. I may jump into a very late bracket just to see if I can pull some free hp
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    yZMMfDbt.jpg

Seriously though, I'm not even playing this tiny kitty. icon_lol.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took me multiple sessions to complete "Normal" Sim. Essentials first, then the Trivials. The trivials were ok and fun. EASY... those felt like Hard, so close to wiping on some of them. With more HP, longer matches, they start the AP ball rolling and start spamming moves. Beast was only one left of the AI, and he just started spamming his attacks and took me forever to get rid of his 1000 health he had left, while he took about 90% of the life of all 3 of my guys. His protect and strike tiles being spammed was ridiculous, and it felt like his destroying the random tiles was gaining him AP... I was too pissed to really double check that. So much for Easy being Easy.

The Hard Simulator, I beat the Essentials, and not another node after that. Haven't even bothered to do my second pass on these. Good thing the progressions suck, because this PVE sucks this time around.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500

Their teamups were 166 Thor "Call The Storm" and OBW "Aggressive Recon"

I finally gave in after 2 losses and Patch Bombed them, but I ask myself "Why would I play this?"

Umm, how does the node have two team-ups? icon_e_confused.gif
  • I'mn ot even going to bother with this game apart from the Deadpool Daily.

It's not worth wasting my time.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    Took me multiple sessions to complete "Normal" Sim. Essentials first, then the Trivials. The trivials were ok and fun. EASY... those felt like Hard, so close to wiping on some of them. With more HP, longer matches, they start the AP ball rolling and start spamming moves. Beast was only one left of the AI, and he just started spamming his attacks and took me forever to get rid of his 1000 health he had left, while he took about 90% of the life of all 3 of my guys. His protect and strike tiles being spammed was ridiculous, and it felt like his destroying the random tiles was gaining him AP... I was too pissed to really double check that. So much for Easy being Easy.

The Hard Simulator, I beat the Essentials, and not another node after that. Haven't even bothered to do my second pass on these. Good thing the progressions suck, because this PVE sucks this time around.
    I actually made it 2 nodes into the normal non-essential nodes. I'm glad too because the second one was a goon only node that I've thormneto'ed every time. it is ninja/muscle but at least its not a survival node. that has scaled up pretty far but I've been taking minimal damage on it. only one I can say that about on the hard side. been clearing only 5 nodes each time and this last time only 4 because one of the essentials climbed out of my range (the gorgon node).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some of the teamups they put in the Sims are making me want to re-do my lineup.. Creative teams that destroy all comers.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Lidolas wrote:
    Umm, how does the node have two team-ups? icon_e_confused.gif

He said he played it twice.

Shoot. I didn't know if you lost a node, the team-up would change. Interesting. Thanks! icon_e_smile.gif