*spoiler* COMING *spoiler* SOON *spoiler*

13»

Comments

• ShionSinX wrote:
    boss (not playable)
  • Due to the nature of the feature, hardly we will have him playable. If we would have him as a playable character they would have said so, just like they did saying we WILL have Hulkbuster (4* Ironman) and Scarlet Witch 3* (after Kingpin and Hulkbuster 4*s, and thinking that they wouldnt make QS 3* and SW a 2*).
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Due to the nature of the feature, hardly we will have him playable. If we would have him as a playable character they would have said so, just like they did saying we WILL have Hulkbuster (4* Ironman) and Scarlet Witch 3* (after Kingpin and Hulkbuster 4*s, and thinking that they wouldnt make QS 3* and SW a 2*).
    Devil Dino wasn't playable

Gorgon isn't playable

the secret information may be translated badly, but that's what it said(viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21727&start=1540#p331831)
  • Exciting news to hear on upcoming event that ties in with Avengers: Age of Ultron movie. Gotta give D3 credit for keeping up with current storylines in Marvel continuity following the Black Vortex tie-in as well as quickly introducing Lady Thor into gameplay. The only problem I have is that why are we not hearing this "news" from official D3 devs? Isn't this Ultron event happening in like 3 days? Kinda weird but still, looking forward to it.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    This is how I'm guessing it goes down:

At the end of the Age of Ultron story (starting April 23) you earn Hulkbuster 4-star for beating the final node. But the PLACEMENT reward for the event will be Vision.

As soon as this event ends, it re-runs. This time the placement reward is Scarlet Witch with another Hulkbuster cover in the last node. These two Hulkbusters will for the same power. The other two powers will be obtainable from top 2 placement— one in each event. Earning top 2 in both events will be required to obtain all three powers.

I can't guess how long the event will run for or if it'll be closer to a Gaunlet event or Story event.
    But it will guess it'll be three new characters in about two weeks.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon 17 wrote:
    Right, because God forbid we get our hands on any more villains with whom to play. Hulkbuster at 4*, Scarlet Witch at 3*, another forever until our next villain.

Lame.

Scarlet Witch is both a hero and villain. Hulkbuster was villain in World War Hulk.

Would love me a World War Hulk PvE.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Due to the nature of the feature, hardly we will have him playable. If we would have him as a playable character they would have said so, just like they did saying we WILL have Hulkbuster (4* Ironman) and Scarlet Witch 3* (after Kingpin and Hulkbuster 4*s, and thinking that they wouldnt make QS 3* and SW a 2*).

Gorgon isn't playable

the secret information may be translated badly, but that's what it said(viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21727&start=1540#p331831)

We may get to use him as a loaner in a starter node, selectively covered and leveled, so we can get an idea how he works, so we can use that to beat him. I see this as the only way we will be able to play as him
  • Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:

Gorgon isn't playable

We may get to use him as a loaner in a starter node, selectively covered and leveled, so we can get an idea how he works, so we can use that to beat him. I see this as the only way we will be able to play as him
    new information revealed today which is why I recommend the prophet to everyone: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21727&p=340345#p340293
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:

Gorgon isn't playable

new information revealed today which is why I recommend the prophet to everyone: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21727&p=340345#p340293

The new information is just as confusing, noone knows if he will be playable or not.. lol
  • Malcrof wrote:
    The new information is just as confusing, noone knows if he will be playable or not.. lol
    which is why my original point stands, that Ultron's status in MPQ is UNCONFIRMED.

Savvy?
  • Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

I though something like you said about it... if they cant tell if it is playable or not D3 is either hiding it or they wont make it playable, at least for a while. I mean, when you have to put a character's data in the game to make it work you could just add all the info and dont use it or have to change it later to make it so the character work as the others. Its easier to make it in one go of course, and it they really wanted to hide it they could just not put the files in the game beforehand, because they KNOW people will see it.

But I can be wrong of course.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

I though something like you said about it... if they cant tell if it is playable or not D3 is either hiding it or they wont make it playable, at least for a while. I mean, when you have to put a character's data in the game to make it work you could just add all the info and dont use it or have to change it later to make it so the character work as the others. Its easier to make it in one go of course, and it they really wanted to hide it they could just not put the files in the game beforehand, because they KNOW people will see it.

But I can be wrong of course.
    In today's day and age(plus the fact that D3 is lazy as tinykitty) there isn't much point to unplayable boss characters in games like these(or fighting games, mobas, etc.). Sure, there may be a boss version of Ultron or he might get his stats nerfed but playable ultron = $$$$. Devil dino was made playable, I know they'll have gorgon playable down the line.
  • It could be just me, but I think its cool to have some very strong characters like Ultron as non-playable forever, being that thing everyone hates, like a supreme boss.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    raisinbman wrote:
    siebenvier wrote:
    pves do have plots.
    "I'm Greek."

icon_elektra.png or icon_ares.png ?
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    It could be just me, but I think its cool to have some very strong characters like Ultron as non-playable forever, being that thing everyone hates, like a supreme boss.
    No one's saying they can't do that. Devil Dino still has 2 forms both currently in game.

And obviously, they'll run the new event over and over with Ultron being the boss in it.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    raisinbman wrote:
    Ares, Elektra actually has some story in enemy of the state

Yeah, and it's a shame, because Ares had a great role in the Dark Reign arc. Until
    He got torn in half by Sentry.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Moon 17 wrote:
    Right, because God forbid we get our hands on any more villains with whom to play. Hulkbuster at 4*, Scarlet Witch at 3*, another forever until our next villain.

Lame.

Scarlet Witch is both a hero and villain. Hulkbuster was villain in World War Hulk.

Would love me a World War Hulk PvE.

Okay, sure. And the Dark Avengers are arguably all acting as heroes when they do things like, say, fight Morgana as their first team outing. And there are plenty of hosts for the Venom symbiote that are heroic in practice. Generally speaking, though, Scarlet Witch and any of Tony Stark's Iron Men are heroes.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,364 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lidolas wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Ares, Elektra actually has some story in enemy of the state

Yeah, and it's a shame, because Ares had a great role in the Dark Reign arc. Until
    He got torn in half by Sentry.

and the only way to save him was to pick him up and put him back together..... Sadly only Devil Dino was around to try to pick him up icon_e_smile.gif
  • I bet both new covers will be offered at the same time, because then they can say that technically they're not doing them back to back again...
  • I bet both new covers will be offered at the same time, because then they can say that technically they're not doing them back to back again...
    And we hope that our feedback about back to back releases was enough to never have it again!