*spoiler* COMING *spoiler* SOON *spoiler*

Just saw this and, while expected, didnt helped with the hype I felt.

Now on the Marvel website as we are used to see:

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/24483/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_age_of_ultron

Comments

• Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Great. Now I have to go try out Marvel Pinball. Thanks for adding another distraction to my life. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Lidolas wrote:
    Great. Now I have to go try out Marvel Pinball. Thanks for adding another distraction to my life. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yes, but are the flippers going to be taken away?
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Lidolas wrote:

if it's the Zen pinball marvel games, they are really well done. not all of them are gems and some of them are really hard, but as a pinball nerd I've found about 50% of the marvel ones pretty amazing and satisfying. There are also a heap of star wars ones in there too.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    That date really didn't work with the current schedule
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds like a temporary character, so most likely a non playable enemy (like Gorgon). Should be interesting!
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    So I Read the article and it sounds like a new PvE featuring Ultron is in the works. It also sounds like it'll be run twice in a row (like Meet Rocket and Groot when it was first run) because it says both Scarlet Witch and Hulkbuster will be earned through fighting Ultron.
  • Right, because God forbid we get our hands on any more villains with whom to play. Hulkbuster at 4*, Scarlet Witch at 3*, another forever until our next villain.

Lame.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Boss battle = survival node I'm assuming
  • patrice789
    patrice789 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    It says HulkBuster Iron Man & Scarlet Witch as playable characters.....ugh.......two straight back to back characters?
  • fmftint wrote:
    That date really didn't work with the current schedule
    Unless it is a new feature, as some alredy expected.
    patrice789 wrote:
    It says HulkBuster Iron Man & Scarlet Witch as playable characters.....ugh.......two straight back to back characters?
    Im assuming it will not involve regular PvE format.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dont forget the non-human patch notes hero too...
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    ShionSinX wrote:
    patrice789 wrote:
    "Marvel Puzzle Quest will offer Hulkbuster Iron Man and Scarlet Witch as in-game prizes for players who defeat Ultron in a Boss Battle event."
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... mes-790149

Guessing it is in the vein of Prodigal Sun with Sentry Red? Beat Ultron, here have some party favors...I'd be all for that instead of a grind for 2 weeks straight leading up to the release. Alas, they are probably doing both. "Here is one, grind like all mad for the others."
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Just saw this and, while expected, didnt helped with the hype I felt.

I want to say cool , but ..
    I only do MPQ .. aaah , and am dreading it now icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    orbitalint wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    patrice789 wrote:
    "Marvel Puzzle Quest will offer Hulkbuster Iron Man and Scarlet Witch as in-game prizes for players who defeat Ultron in a Boss Battle event."

Guessing it is in the vein of Prodigal Sun with Sentry Red? Beat Ultron, here have some party favors...I'd be all for that instead of a grind for 2 weeks straight leading up to the release. Alas, they are probably doing both. "Here is one, grind like all mad for the others."

Save your DP points to whale him!
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I just want to throw in my 2 cents on the Zen Marvel Pinball tables too. I love them, they are incredibly well done overall even if a couple aren't great. Blade, Moonknight and Guardians of the Galaxy are my favorites. As far as the Non Marvel tables go, Tesla is friggin amazing! Highest possible recommendation. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    orbitalint wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    patrice789 wrote:

I didnt want to go further on this matter but what I heard is some kind of feature like the group boss on MAA, where we have a boss with 100 times more HP than a regular character and we need several fights to take it down as its lost HP is never recovered on the other fights against it.

So if the group boss on MAA has 800k HP (around the avarage for this type) and you manage to take 50k off it, your friends and yourself will see a 750k next time you fight him.
  • turul wrote:

That's right, I'd forgotten (probably) Vision!

Since our last villain (Kingpin), that makes 4 hero releases in a row. Which means that the 3:1 hero to villain ratio I complained about just a few weeks ago is actually getting even more lopsided. Don't get me wrong; I like a lot of these characters and I would love to see another Iron Man character worth playing...but our villain count is shamefully low.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    snlf25 wrote:
    I just want to throw in my 2 cents on the Zen Marvel Pinball tables too. I love them, they are incredibly well done overall even if a couple aren't great. Blade, Moonknight and Guardians of the Galaxy are my favorites. As far as the Non Marvel tables go, Tesla is friggin amazing! Highest possible recommendation. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Haven't tried Tesla. Think now I might have to. I found Adventure Quest (think it was called) to be a lot of fun. Moonknight is pretty cool i agree. Avengers is possibly my favorite, just deep with heaps of gameplay. A lot of thoguht went into it. I like Infinity Gauntlet in theory, but it's not really the funnest to play.
  • Moon 17 wrote:
    turul wrote:

That's right, I'd forgotten (probably) Vision!

Since our last villain (Kingpin), that makes 4 hero releases in a row. Which means that the 3:1 hero to villain ratio I complained about just a few weeks ago is actually getting even more lopsided. Don't get me wrong; I like a lot of these characters and I would love to see another Iron Man character worth playing...but our villain count is shamefully low.

But more villains = more runs of Prodigal sun

do we REALLY want that?
  • raisinbman wrote:
    But more villains = more runs of Prodigal sun

do we REALLY want that?

Don't you remember? That's one of the most popular events! People really liked it the first time it was run!

In all seriousness, though, the lack of new content is a totally different complaint. Don't let that distract you from the equally valid complaint about the lack of playable villains.

I keep a system of color-coded files. It helps.