What happens when you get sandboxed?

Options
Wonko33
Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
A bunch of people are talking about sandboxing in all those refund threads

I'm not sure but I think:

=You can keep playing

=Do you only see other sandboxed players in pvp?

=You still earn rewards but you are not consequential to the general population?

- You can't be in an alliance

Any way , if someone knows feel free to educate me on the subject

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Basically, you can keep playing, but it's essentially all local gameplay. You still queue up people from the game at large and gain people, but they're never sent any notification of your attack, nor do they lose or gain points from it. You still get lumped into a leaderboard, even though nobody else will see you, and you receive placement and progression rewards as usual.

Basically, you can see, but you cannot be seen.
  • Basically, you can keep playing, but it's essentially all local gameplay. You still queue up people from the game at large and gain people, but they're never sent any notification of your attack, nor do they lose or gain points from it. You still get lumped into a leaderboard, even though nobody else will see you, and you receive placement and progression rewards as usual.

Does that mean I can hit 1k without getting attacked?
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    kthunder wrote:
    Basically, you can keep playing, but it's essentially all local gameplay. You still queue up people from the game at large and gain people, but they're never sent any notification of your attack, nor do they lose or gain points from it. You still get lumped into a leaderboard, even though nobody else will see you, and you receive placement and progression rewards as usual.

Does that mean I can hit 1k without getting attacked?

Yep.

You never get attacked in the Sandbox. It's like MPQ Nirvana.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like Bart Simpson trying to understand why everyone thinks hell is so bad...
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    I feel like Bart Simpson trying to understand why everyone thinks hell is so bad...

Yeah same here, what's so bad about being sandboxed? I have thought about retirement but being in the "sandbox" sound like a lot of fun and I might prefer that.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Keep in mind that being sandboxed is basically being banned. You can go through customer support if it's in error but outsider of that, you'd have to start all over with a new account.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It looks fun in the sandbox, but then sometimes there's a used needle in there. Or a cat poop.

That'll ruin your day.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    the only thing you cant do if you get sandboxed is join an alliance. the rest is kind of interesting if you are up for it, and since you need to have some kind of cheating mechanism to be sandboxed, like unlimited hp/iso, then you can max all your chars at no time. But with not being able to be hit, and not able to join and alliance you can as well just play bejewled or candy crush, as thats what MPQ becomes when you are sandboxed.
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    elvy75 wrote:
    the only thing you cant do if you get sandboxed is join an alliance. the rest is kind of interesting if you are up for it, and since you need to have some kind of cheating mechanism to be sandboxed, like unlimited hp/iso, then you can max all your chars at no time. But with not being able to be hit, and not able to join and alliance you can as well just play bejewled or candy crush, as thats what MPQ becomes when you are sandboxed.

Yup. It instantly removes all instances of competitive play, so it should quickly devolve into a a slightly more complicated Candy Crush/Bejeweled/Puzzle Quest.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    elvy75 wrote:

Yup. It instantly removes all instances of competitive play, so it should quickly devolve into a a slightly more complicated Candy Crush/Bejeweled/Puzzle Quest.

Yeah, like fantastic Puzzle Quest 1/2/Galactrix. When I'm done here, I think I'll have to go try that out. For the first time I'll be able to get to the end of the PVE stories.

I'm sort of under the impression that the devs continually update against the tools you are using (to get infinite HP/ISO/boosts), so you have to continually update the tools to be able to "stay" in the sandbox. Might be mistaken there.
  • Sounds less stressful. No need to manage my crumbling alliance, no need send countless team ups, or read all the chats. That song imagine playing in the background.

Can we volunteer to be boxed? Or do we have to actually do something to anger the "mpq gods"?
  • If you happen to notice your bracket ends in a number other than 0 (as in Players: 1001 or 5002), that's the only way you'll notice the presence of a sandboxed player. It puts them in brackets but they don't effect anything. They'll get a reward based on where they finish, but their score isn't actually on the leaderboard for anyone else, so they don't take prizes away from anyone based on where they place.
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    Zoot wrote:
    Can we volunteer to be boxed? Or do we have to actually do something to anger the "mpq gods"?

I'm actually not sure, but I am going to guess no.
    I'm sort of under the impression that the devs continually update against the tools you are using (to get infinite HP/ISO/boosts), so you have to continually update the tools to be able to "stay" in the sandbox. Might be mistaken there.

Once you're boxed, you're boxed. The only way to get out is through an appeal in a ticket (like the people that get boxed by accident, and judging by responses I have seen, it seems they have some way or another to tell if it was artificial or not (I would assume it's just looking over logs, but who knows).
  • icon_eek.gif I can't believe you still get rewards:

That can't be right.

It sounds really nice!

There must be a down side - like the game doesn't update or something.
  • :shock: I can't believe you still get rewards: That can't be right. It sounds really nice!
    There must be a down side - like the game doesn't update or something.
    The downside is you can't be in an alliance and you're basically a ghost. You're not really competing in PvP: people don't lose points when you attack them (they don't even see the attack), and you can't be attacked or retaliated against. PvE is basically the same, except you don't exist on any standings except in your own game.

But at present if you don't care about the competitive or social aspects of the game, there really isn't a downside. You play in your own little pocket dimension, out of phase with the rest of the MPQ universe.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    Honestly, they could probably charge people to choose to be sandboxed, and make money. I know I'd do it, other than the aspect of missing alliance rewards and chat.
  • I've been sandboxed for probably a year by now never bothered me it's quite easy to get sandboxed on android just run lucky patcher or iapcrack neither require root to get unlimited Iso hp but makes it easier to play casually
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is there still an iso-8 among that can sandbox you?
    I've been hoarding for a while now with the secret hope that I might get booted one day.
  • Is there still an iso-8 among that can sandbox you?
    I've been hoarding for a while now with the secret hope that I might get booted one day.
    There have been people who have been sandboxed presumably for having large hordes of Iso and/or HP, as there does seem to be some kind of automated system that watches for "suspicious behavior" and just punts people into null-space. I don't think it's clear what the exact mechanics are, but if you're pushing seven figures in banked Iso you're probably getting into dangerous territory. No idea what amount of HP raises red flags, but it's probably a lot. I had close to 20k sitting around for a while without any ill effects.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    Sounds tempting to make a second account and get it sandboxed. All of the fun, none of the attacks!