Patch Notes - R74 (04/21/15)

13»

Comments

• roberts_2 wrote:
    Last movie event we got 3 Guardians of Galaxy chars, last week Daredevil (netflix) are out and Kingpin is here, and in 2 weeks Ultron (and Vision) coming at theathers. That's clear about the new(s) char incoming.
    we way ahead of u join the secret thread
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    roberts_2 wrote:
    Last movie event we got 3 Guardians of Galaxy chars, last week Daredevil (netflix) are out and Kingpin is here, and in 2 weeks Ultron (and Vision) coming at theathers. That's clear about the new(s) char incoming.
    Don't forget that we have been getting characters that have gained some popularity and are currently selling well right now like Female Thor and Kamala Khan. We also got Luke Cage around the time they announced Mike Colter will be cast as him for the Netflix series on top of Iron Fist as he's part of the Defenders as well. Its almost as if some pattern is here.

With the current trend of characters rising, we should be seeing Ultron (Playable or Unplayable) and/or Scarlet Witch real soon. Ant-Man movie is around the corner, we got Quake (Daisy Johnson) being one of the main focuses of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., and Silk (Cindy Moon) is doing pretty good right now in comic sales. Don't be blind to all the character releases who have had ties to who's being pushed right now or previously in the mainstream either.
  • roberts_2 wrote:
    Don't forget that we have been getting characters that have gained some popularity and are currently selling well right now like Female Thor and Kamala Khan. We also got Luke Cage around the time they announced Mike Colter will be cast as him for the Netflix series on top of Iron Fist as he's part of the Defenders as well. Its almost as if some pattern is here.

With the current trend of characters rising, we should be seeing Ultron (Playable or Unplayable) and/or Scarlet Witch real soon. Ant-Man movie is around the corner, we got Quake (Daisy Johnson) being one of the main focuses of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., and Silk (Cindy Moon) is doing pretty good right now in comic sales. Don't be blind to all the character releases who have had ties to who's being pushed right now or previously in the mainstream either.
    go to secret thread man/woman/etc
  • OnesOwnGrief
    raisinbman wrote:
    roberts_2 wrote:

go to secret thread man/woman/etc
    I don't see why I should bother when I'm not stating any releases as definitive or a spoiler and my reply is in relation to what was stated here.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    raisanbman, next time you downvote, you should probably make sure that your reasoning to do so isn't based on an assumption that I haven't been to the spoiler thread. If you were the least bit bothered to check, I have posted there and said what I had to there days ago. You also shouldn't assume that I'm speculating. All I merely did was state a logical line of thinking that has been followed for quite a while now. I could be wrong, I could be right but what I am not doing is throwing out speculation.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    donietsche wrote:
    ROM the Space Knight incoming.

Don't know if serious, but... they can't use him, because Marvel itself can't (and in fact, not only Marvel will never reprint those stories, but probably it can't even acknowledge the existence of the character in their universe any longer).

He (it?) was a character (belonging to a toy company) under license back then (back in the 70s/80s, toy companies would commission a comic series to Marvel or Dc in order to boost the sales of their products).

The license expired a long time ago... and was never renewed (one of the reason is that the character kinda sucks!).

The same applies to obscure characters (the shogun warriors: basically a rip-off of Japanese giant robots) and less obscure characters and i.p. (in the seventies, Marvel had the rights to Clarke's 2001; in the eighties had the rights to G.I. Joe and Transformers, etc.).
    Some of those stories gave us cool characters that are still at large in the Marvel Universe though. Specifically, 2001 had the debut of Machine Man, and Death's Head was originally a Transformers character.
    donietsche wrote:
    ...and it's all part of Marvel's strategy in its battle against Fox. In the comics, they will put the X-Men and the mutant brigade in an all different (and separate, from what will be the "new" 616) universe after the secret wars event.
    This is not correct.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2015
    Quebbster wrote:
    donietsche wrote:
    ROM the Space Knight incoming.

Don't know if serious, but... they can't use him, because Marvel itself can't (and in fact, not only Marvel will never reprint those stories, but probably it can't even acknowledge the existence of the character in their universe any longer).

He (it?) was a character (belonging to a toy company) under license back then (back in the 70s/80s, toy companies would commission a comic series to Marvel or Dc in order to boost the sales of their products).

The license expired a long time ago... and was never renewed (one of the reason is that the character kinda sucks!).

The same applies to obscure characters (the shogun warriors: basically a rip-off of Japanese giant robots) and less obscure characters and i.p. (in the seventies, Marvel had the rights to Clarke's 2001; in the eighties had the rights to G.I. Joe and Transformers, etc.).
    Some of those stories gave us cool characters that are still at large in the Marvel Universe though. Specifically, 2001 had the debut of Machine Man, and Death's Head was originally a Transformers character.
    donietsche wrote:
    ...and it's all part of Marvel's strategy in its battle against Fox. In the comics, they will put the X-Men and the mutant brigade in an all different (and separate, from what will be the "new" 616) universe after the secret wars event.
    This is not correct.

I trusted the early rumors on this one! Shame on me icon_razz.gif
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    raisinbman wrote:
    roberts_2 wrote:
    we way ahead of u join the secret thread
    That's not spoiler, is "the usual way to do" icon_lol.gif
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    donietsche wrote:
    They already did a (not so) soft retcon in the 616 universe about Wanda and Pietro (and their family ties with Magneto), during AVX.
    And they did it again in Axis...
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Info added to the R74 preview notes:

*Update: New cover art available for Daken (Classic), Daken (Dark Avengers) and Ares (Dark Avengers).
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]Info added to the R74 preview notes:

*Update: New cover art available for Daken (Classic), Daken (Dark Avengers) and Ares (Dark Avengers).

Not the new Quicksilver cover? But that's the biggest cover improvement you've ever done!
  • Didn't this patch already happen? I thought this patch already happened. I see no new cover arts.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Lerysh wrote:
    Didn't this patch already happen? I thought this patch already happened. I see no new cover arts.

Nope. This got me on Friday as I thought the char changes were an update. They were just a data push, so this is still pending. I think they may have done it that way so that everyone got them at the same time/point.

Although that jacked with PVP/PVE since slices were at different times to end......
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's live now, at least my Android version was just updated, and I see Steam auto-updated last night at 2 am.

I'm a little surprised this wasn't sticky.