Patch Notes - R74 (04/21/15)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
R74 Patch Notes

A hero need not be human...

UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
    - Further reduced the size of the initial install of the game. - Fixed a bug where breaking Shields before they expired would sometimes cause other Shields to be on cooldown. - Fixed a bug with Professor X's
Blind Spot ability. When an Invisibility tile is placed over a Trap tile, the Invisibility icon on the tile will now appear as intended.
- Due to issues with functionality, players can no longer earn Star-Lord’s abilities Everyone with Me and Oldest Trick in the Book as Team-Ups.
- Numerous back-end fixes made to support upcoming Events.
- New cover art available for Daken (Classic), Daken (Dark Avengers) and Ares (Dark Avengers).

Comments

• morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Well that's... disappointing a list...

On 2nd thought - it does not contain any more nerfs or great ideas which make hopping more difficult and matches yet longer... a good patch then I think!
  • Man, I was hoping the iso cost update was coming sooner than later. Anyone paying more attention than me know about how long between R# updates we have to wait for R75, or is it just a "we put out patches when they are finished" scenario?

Also kudos on bug fixes, but why does Prof X overwrite friendly Doom traps anyway?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you comment on what was in the Android update a few days back? It said it included only changes to analytics, but that's vague and can cover a multitude of sins.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Hmmm. Was The Vision on anyone's radar?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

There have been a few comments that Scarlet Witch and VIsion are coming in time for the US release of the Avengers film. Which for some strange reason is over a week after it's released elsewhere, such as here. But I digress.
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

There have been a few comments that Scarlet Witch and VIsion are coming in time for the US release of the Avengers film. Which for some strange reason is over a week after it's released elsewhere, such as here. But I digress.

Shuma Gorath confirmed yessssss
  • Spiritclaw wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

He's been speculated (I've assumed we'd see him for ages) but I don't think he'd turned up in spoiler threads.
  • Spiritclaw wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Need not be human = Inhuman?

Did Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch get reclassed as Inhumans? If so that's probably Scarlet Witch.
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    WARNING SARCASM IMMINENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad they aren't changing the MMR system back with this update! I was tired of scoring 900-1100 and really wanted to have to devote myself to this game completely in order to get to 650. In fact I hope it never changes cuz yay!
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    Man, I was hoping the iso cost update was coming sooner than later. Anyone paying more attention than me know about how long between R# updates we have to wait for R75, or is it just a "we put out patches when they are finished" scenario?

Also kudos on bug fixes, but why does Prof X overwrite friendly Doom traps anyway?

Ugh, I too thought that R75 with the Iso update was next. I've been sitting on all my Iso and tokens since they made that announcement. I guess I can wait a bit longer, it'll be very satisfying to open all those tokens at once.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Lerysh wrote:
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Did Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch get reclassed as Inhumans? If so that's probably Scarlet Witch.

I think I remember reading that something in that vein was happening for the films. At least, part of Marvel's end of the deal with Fox is that they can neither refer to Magneto as their dad nor refer to them as mutants. I think that Fox can't make reference to them as Avengers, or something to that effect.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    jffdougan wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

I think I remember reading that something in that vein was happening for the films. At least, part of Marvel's end of the deal with Fox is that they can neither refer to Magneto as their dad nor refer to them as mutants. I think that Fox can't make reference to them as Avengers, or something to that effect.

Hence Agents of Shield's "Inhuman" push. Mutants? Pffsh. inHUUmannn

But I wonder what that means for people like Cap or Spider-Man, who are mutates.
  • jffdougan wrote:

that's stupid
    ronin-san wrote:

But I wonder what that means for people like Cap or Spider-Man, who are mutates.

deadpool
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daisy Johnson, when?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

It's Howard the Duck.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    So are the character changes still going live on the 17th? And how about the reduced cost of leveling? Thank you!
  • Oddly enough, when I first read the patch notes, the character that first popped into my head was, "Beta Ray Bill"

We can always use yet another iteration of Thor, yes?

* note: the above comment is intended as sarcastic humour. If taken any other way, it is the fault of the reader, not the author
  • Adam12
    Adam12 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Numerous back-end fixes made to support upcoming Events

New events, I wonder?

That would be cool.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vinny J wrote:
    Oddly enough, when I first read the patch notes, the character that first popped into my head was, "Beta Ray Bill"

* note: the above comment is intended as sarcastic humour. If taken any other way, it is the fault of the reader, not the author

Ballad of Beta Ray Bill is still one of the best Thor storylines of all time. I have the GN just for a good read from time to time. One of my all time fav's. (sorry this has nothing to do with the game)
  • Vinny J wrote:
    Oddly enough, when I first read the patch notes, the character that first popped into my head was, "Beta Ray Bill"

Well, according to my calculations we need 15 more ms. marvels, 10 more black widows, and if you carry the 5....

6 more Thors?