Howard the Duck...not human...Book It!
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]A hero need not be human...!

Clearly it's;
    5* Xavier
    Charles_Xavier_%28Earth-TRN232%29_from_X-Treme_X-Men_Vol_2_8_page_--.jpg

In all seriousness, Vision seems likely, but "need not be human" could easily just imply a normal mutant, like Scarlett Witch or Cyclops.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Lerysh wrote:

Did Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch get reclassed as Inhumans?

It's unclear. The Fox versions are still mutants, and the MCU versions got their powers via Hydra experimentation. But whether that experimentation is "expose the kids to terrigen mist" or not... we don't know. Yet.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Fixed a bug where breaking Shields before they expired would sometimes cause other Shields to be on cooldown.

I suffered this glitch myself during Hulk Smash event, and lost 300 points as a result. Hopefully the problem is indeed fixed.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    ROM the Space Knight incoming.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are clones counted as being human? It could be Ben Reilly. No, really.
  • DaveR4470
    -Numerous back-end fixes made to support upcoming Events.

Which totally won't lead to your phone or laptop becoming self-aware and trying to kill you. We swear, guys. Not gonna happen.

Oh sure, it did happen occasionally in testing, but no more than 2 out of 5 times. Tops. And really, only half of those became murderous cyborgs. At most.

Okay, they all became murderous cyborgs. But really, we're fairly sure we've worked out the kinks in testing, and the beta is good to go.

Which, come to think of it, is what a murderous cyborg AI that had invaded our server farm would WANT us to think. So truth be told, we're not 100% sure we've totally solved the problem.

Okay, we're largely sure that the problem is still there. And by "we", we mean the three of us that are cowering under the desk right now as the sentient AI cyborg kill drones wander around the office looking for Kamala Khan green covers.

But we're pretty sure it won't happen to you, so feel free to download R74 when it becomes available on Steam, the iTunes store, or Google Marketplace!*

*the cyborgs made us say that. please, for the love of everything, send help....
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perhaps they could fix the bug where you select an event slice which is already open, and it won't let you go into the event until you close MPQ and start it up again.

Meet Rocket & Groot on Steam, slice 1, I'm looking at you.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    Star-Lord should be an excellent team-up, now that he can only share his best ability.
  • DaveR4470 wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

It's unclear. The Fox versions are still mutants, and the MCU versions got their powers via Hydra experimentation. But whether that experimentation is "expose the kids to terrigen mist" or not... we don't know. Yet.

For Inhumans it is not Hydra, but the Krees experiments, Agents of Shield established that. I believe that Marvel has ret coned totally QS and SW's origins as not being Magnetoe's children but being Inhumans. The MCU is following suit, while XFox is staying Mutant happy.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker

Don't know if serious, but... they can't use him, because Marvel itself can't (and in fact, not only Marvel will never reprint those stories, but probably it can't even acknowledge the existence of the character in their universe any longer).

He (it?) was a character (belonging to a toy company) under license back then (back in the 70s/80s, toy companies would commission a comic series to Marvel or Dc in order to boost the sales of their products).

The license expired a long time ago... and was never renewed (one of the reason is that the character kinda sucks!).

The same applies to obscure characters (the shogun warriors: basically a rip-off of Japanese giant robots) and less obscure characters and i.p. (in the seventies, Marvel had the rights to Clarke's 2001; in the eighties had the rights to G.I. Joe and Transformers, etc.).
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    donietsche wrote:

Don't know if serious, but... they can't use him, because Marvel itself can't (and in fact, not only Marvel will never reprint those stories, but probably it can't even acknowledge the existence of the character in their universe any longer).

He (it?) was a character (belonging to a toy company) under license back then (back in the 70s/80s, toy companies would commission a comic series to Marvel or Dc in order to boost the sales of their products).

The license expired a long time ago... and was never renewed (one of the reason is that the character kinda sucks!).

The same applies to obscure characters (the shogun warriors: basically a rip-off of Japanese giant robots) and less obscure characters and i.p. (in the seventies, Marvel had the rights to Clarke's 2001; in the eighties had the rights to G.I. Joe and Transformers, etc.).

But... but... what about the Dire Wraiths plotline in the X-Men smack dab in the middle of one of Storm's defining moments as a character (when she lost her powers for years.)

And now that I think of it - Forge's "depowering" device was based on Rom's nullifier!
  • donietsche
    edited April 2015
    GrimSkald wrote:
    donietsche wrote:

But... but... what about the Dire Wraiths plotline in the X-Men smack dab in the middle of one of Storm's defining moments as a character (when she lost her powers for years.)

And now that I think of it - Forge's "depowering" device was based on Rom's nullifier!

That's a correct observation, and truth to be told, even in recent avengers' issues (AVX) they hinted at Rom's lore (the spaceknights).

The difference is (I think) that some stuff seen back then in the comics (actually, most of it) was created by Marvel, and as such is freely usable by them, even (long) after the expiration of the license.

The character itself was always property of Parker Brothers Inc. (and/or whoever has the rights to it right now).

The same happened (with the monolith from 2001 (even after the license expiration, it appeared during the earth-X trilogy, but with a completely different back-story... because Marvel wasn't entitled to use Clarke's mythology any longer).

edit: from wikipedia (it seems I was right, after all!)
    In the Spaceknights miniseries (Oct. 2000 - Feb. 2001) written by Jim Starlin it is revealed that Rom took the name Artour a reference to Brandy's love of Arthurian legends, and perhaps in memory of his own encounter with King Arthur's ghost,[40] and that he and Brandy had two sons. Rom himself is not actually seen in the series, nor is he mentioned by that name or shown in his spaceknight form (no doubt to skirt the fact that Marvel no longer held the license from Parker Brothers, which had retained the copyrights on Rom's name and armored likeness); his ship is attacked off panel just prior to the start of the story, with Rom himself missing and presumed dead.
    Legal issues regarding the reprinting of Rom guest appearances in other comics have led to complications. Brief cameos such as a holographic version of the character appearing as a distraction in Uncanny X-Men #187 have remained intact as have the Rom entries in the Essential Marvel trade paperbacks for the original Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe and its deluxe edition sequel. The cover of the Essential Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe removed Rom from the artwork used for the cover of the collection.

Several appearances by Rom have been outright omitted. Power Man and Iron Fist #73, which featured Rom was omitted from Essential Power Man and Iron Fist vol. 1, and similarly Marvel Two-in-One #99 was omitted from Essential Marvel Two-in-One vol. 4, while The Incredible Hulk: Regression trade paperback features a heavily edited version of The Incredible Hulk #296, removing Rom's entire appearance in the issue. Furthermore, Rom #72, which was a tie-in to the Secret Wars II series, was omitted from the Secret Wars II Omnibus.
  • DaveR4470
    dragma wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

For Inhumans it is not Hydra, but the Krees experiments, Agents of Shield established that. I believe that Marvel has ret coned totally QS and SW's origins as not being Magnetoe's children but being Inhumans. The MCU is following suit, while XFox is staying Mutant happy.

For Inhumans, yes. (And that's actually been the story forever, long before AoS.) For Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.... the post-credits scene in Winter Soldier CLEARLY has von Strucker (who has Loki's staff now) saying that his "experimentation" has produced "the twins", right before we see SW and QS in their cell. So they were created by Hydra experimentation. But, since we do not know what specific experimentation was done, they still could be Inhumans, as the "experiment" could have been "expose them to terrigen". But, since Strucker basically has a infinity stone (the Mind Stone, probably) in the form of Loki's staff, it could very well have been the staff that changed the twins. I think we'll find out for sure in two weeks.

Also, no retcon needed. MCU is its own multiverse earth, (I think it's Earth-19999) so its SW and QS can have whatever origin story they want without impacting the "canonical" Earth-616 story.
  • donietsche
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    dragma wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

For Inhumans, yes. (And that's actually been the story forever, long before AoS.) For Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.... the post-credits scene in Winter Soldier CLEARLY has von Strucker (who has Loki's staff now) saying that his "experimentation" has produced "the twins", right before we see SW and QS in their cell. So they were created by Hydra experimentation. But, since we do not know what specific experimentation was done, they still could be Inhumans, as the "experiment" could have been "expose them to terrigen". But, since Strucker basically has a infinity stone (the Mind Stone, probably) in the form of Loki's staff, it could very well have been the staff that changed the twins. I think we'll find out for sure in two weeks.

Also, no retcon needed. MCU is its own multiverse earth, (I think it's Earth-19999) so its SW and QS can have whatever origin story they want without impacting the "canonical" Earth-616 story.

They already did a (not so) soft retcon in the 616 universe about Wanda and Pietro (and their family ties with Magneto), during AVX.
  • donietsche
    ...and it's all part of Marvel's strategy in its battle against Fox. In the comics, they will put the X-Men and the mutant brigade in an all different (and separate, from what will be the "new" 616) universe after the secret wars event.
  • Personally I am hoping the new FF movie bombs hard so that Fox will relinquish it back to Marvel.

Prob won't happen, but one can dream. Of course if that happens then Marvel prob won't do anything with them either since they "won't make money"
  • donietsche
    dragma wrote:
    Personally I am hoping the new FF movie bombs hard so that Fox will relinquish it back to Marvel.

Prob won't happen, but one can dream. Of course if that happens then Marvel prob won't do anything with them either since they "won't make money"

the real issue is that even if Marvel Studios still had the rights to spidey, the F.F. and the X-men,they wouldn't be able to fit them into their schedule.

There are only so many superhero movies they can work on and promote per year... it's a matter of budget and production times, most of all.

I think that Marvel would be (much more?) happy with a deal similar to the one they sealed with Sony: i.e., the ability to use the characters for cross-over movies.
  • dragma wrote:
    Personally I am hoping the new FF movie bombs hard so that Fox will relinquish it back to Marvel.

I just hope Spiderman gets some kind of continuity. They keep overhauling it!
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Last movie event we got 3 Guardians of Galaxy chars, last week Daredevil (netflix) are out and Kingpin is here, and in 2 weeks Ultron (and Vision) coming at theathers. That's clear about the new(s) char incoming.