Change to Thick as Thieves alliance rewards

Comments

• warcin
    warcin Posts: 118
    warcin wrote:
    Hi, all,

Just updated the Thick as Thieves alliance rewards so that the top 100 Alliances will earn a Kingpin cover, instead of the top 50.

Thanks for all of your feedback today.
    Still horrible here. My alliance never breaks 200 and neither do 95% of them, but still we were lied to by D3. So a very small number of people are slightly better off, but most still have to deal with this very bad decision. Short of sending everyone a cover, tweaking the rewards at this point is not going to help.

This mentality only encourages them to never listen to the forum at all. When you say "we were lied to by D3" what are you referring to? A comment from many months ago about not doing back to back character releases? Hardly a binding contract that they are breaking.

Thank you Will, and your team. This new structure may not solve all the complaints the forums has, but it should help keep alliances from tearing themselves apart in a Kingpin frenzy and that is a very good change to make.

If there is some special circumstance that requires them to go back on what they said in the past, then it should be communicated ahead of time and the reason explained. But so far we have gotten no explanation as to why they deviated from what they said they would do in the past. The thing is that saying they would not do back to back ones made us think they actually were listening, but now after this we can not trust that.
  • so u can change events even while we're doing them? there's no excuse now....
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    warcin wrote:
    Hi, all,

Just updated the Thick as Thieves alliance rewards so that the top 100 Alliances will earn a Kingpin cover, instead of the top 50.

Still horrible here. My alliance never breaks 200 and neither do 95% of them, but still we were lied to by D3. So a very small number of people are slightly better off, but most still have to deal with this very bad decision. Short of sending everyone a cover, tweaking the rewards at this point is not going to help.

then work harder to earn rewards like everyone else in the game does. you don't get the prize just for showing up
  • rednailz
    fmftint wrote:
    this bone that players have asked for on every 4* release in no way excuses the decision to release new characters in consecutive events

band aid on a bullet wound, but a welcome gesture nonetheless.
  • I knew the top 50 alliance reward thing was an April Fools' joke!
  • TheViceroy
    TheViceroy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    I'll ask it cause everyone else is probably thinking it:

Why was only the alliance rewards changed top t100 and not the default?

T50 for a non-alliance player to get a 4 star cover is still way too restrictive.
    This coming from someone that ended the last THREE 4 star reveal PVE's at about rank 52, and was very active in each of those events.
    Top 100 alliances are less than 1% of the player base I'd imagine, so very little change of the needle here in my opinion.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unfortunately not helping most PVP alliances, unless alliance hopping/ merc-ing is encouraged.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Now this is what I'm talking about, Will!

You listened to the posts and fixed one of the problems of 4* releases.
    By going to a t100 Alliance structure there shouldn't be this Alliance damaging shifting of players; allowing each team to perform together to reach an achievable goal.

This is a great change.

Thank you Will!
  • rednailz wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    this bone that players have asked for on every 4* release in no way excuses the decision to release new characters in consecutive events

band aid on a bullet wound, but a welcome gesture nonetheless.
    Unless my dang alliance (which never places top50) now wants me to grind all weekend so we get top100 icon_lol.gif
  • warcin
    rednailz wrote:
    warcin wrote:
    Hi, all,

then work harder to earn rewards like everyone else in the game does. you don't get the prize just for showing up
    I would never ask for that except for the fact they are doing specifically what they said the would not. I do work hard in this game (harder than I would like to admit). Heck I have spent over 6.6million iso on characters, and way to much money on HP. In the last event I probably blew 30-40 hours just to get in the top 50, and just don't have it in me to do it again so soon after that slog.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    so u can change events even while we're doing them? there's no excuse now....

They've always been able to. It's just that the last time they did it, to adjust the community progression bar, it tiny kittied the whole event.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    scottee wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

They've always been able to. It's just that the last time they did it, to adjust the community progression bar, it tiny kittied the whole event.
    Pretty much this. These sorts of changes *seem* simple but they're really not due to how many other things tie into each of the variables. We don't touch running Events unless there's a pressing need. In this case, responding to valid and ongoing player feedback was the trigger.
  • warcin wrote:
    If there is some special circumstance that requires them to go back on what they said in the past, then it should be communicated ahead of time and the reason explained. But so far we have gotten no explanation as to why they deviated from what they said they would do in the past. The thing is that saying they would not do back to back ones made us think they actually were listening, but now after this we can not trust that.

Sorry, companies and girlfriends will always change their minds. Even providing concrete evidence of what was said 6 months ago will not make your girl say, sorry you are right, I did say that and won't change my mind about it ever. It does not make them "untrustworthy" it makes them changeable, it makes them fluid.

And I ask you this, do you with 100% seriousness expect a business to go back through everything it has ever said in a public forum to check for contradictions and address that before making any changes whatsoever? The forum might remember and drag up old posts to make a point but thats a bit harsh to start calling a whole company liars because of something one red name said many months ago.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    warcin wrote:

Sorry, companies and girlfriends will always change their minds. Even providing concrete evidence of what was said 6 months ago will not make your girl say, sorry you are right, I did say that and won't change my mind about it ever. It does not make them "untrustworthy" it makes them changeable, it makes them fluid.

And I ask you this, do you with 100% seriousness expect a business to go back through everything it has ever said in a public forum to check for contradictions and address that before making any changes whatsoever? The forum might remember and drag up old posts to make a point but thats a bit harsh to start calling a whole company liars because of something one red name said many months ago.

If it's one thing this forum is good at, it's dragging up old posts. You guys remember that dev that jokingly said that Moonstone's black could deal with X-Force recovery tiles, and how we tore that apart?
  • This is a very welcome change, and I'm grateful you actually listened to some of the complaints.

However, it doesn't fix all the issues with this event. It's still back-to-back new characters, and it's still a 4* character, which will realistically take close to a year to get to a useable state.
  • warcin
    warcin wrote:

If they can not remember why they changed their PVE format just 4 months ago to what it was up until this one, than I would have sever concerns, but I do not believe that.
  • warcin wrote:

If it's one thing this forum is good at, it's dragging up old posts. You guys remember that dev that jokingly said that Moonstone's black could deal with X-Force recovery tiles, and how we tore that apart?
    If there's a second thing this forum is good at, it's fitting kitchens
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    IceIX wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Pretty much this. These sorts of changes *seem* simple but they're really not due to how many other things tie into each of the variables. We don't touch running Events unless there's a pressing need. In this case, responding to valid and ongoing player feedback was the trigger.

Ice, i'm glad that this change was made and i'm not trying to give you a hard time.

But if you acknowledge that the change was made in response to valid and ongoing feedback...that means that you knew about it for a while...like this wasn't sprung on you yesterday.

Then my question is, Why didn't you just make the change BEFORE the event even ran? It's obviously not optimal to make any changes mid event. I'm genuinely curious as to what prompted THIS change NOW.

Any insight into the decision would really be appreciated. Thanks.

marc
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

The timing is very suspect. Players have been asking for this for a VERY long time. Why is it now a, pressing need? Maybe because you changed not only the 4/3/3/4 release pattern, you also broke the every other week release
  • rednailz
    "warcin wrote:
    I would never ask for that except for the fact they are doing specifically what they said the would not. I do work hard in this game (harder than I would like to admit). Heck I have spent over 6.6million iso on characters, and way to much money on HP. In the last event I probably blew 30-40 hours just to get in the top 50, and just don't have it in me to do it again so soon after that slog.

I can empathize, and sounds like you weren't from the "give us all stuff for free" crowd, so fair enough. I know how you feel. I did honestly rearrange some stuff in my life, and weekend for PX cover, and luckily most recent PvP must have had the lowest competitive bracket in history for me, and here we are again. I was going to literally not playat all, but this little notion of gratitude has changed enough for my alliance that I'll now play.

If your alliance never breaks 200 and you are putting in the hard work and getting good points, sounds like you may have outgrown your current crew.