Family Reunion VII Impossible?

Jakecin4791
Jakecin4791 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I've just had this one node decimate my entire playable roster. Magneto spam FTW.

Anyone get through this with a 2-3* transition roster?

Comments

• I beat it on my first try with 2* Cap (buffed to level 134), 2* Torch (buffed to level 134), and Hood (level 104). Enemies for me were scaled to around 120 on that node. I didn't use any boosts. Just kill Magneto first.
  • Nothing has worked for me either. Try to get OBW boosted and drain yellow, but even so I don't have the firepower to drop Magneto before he spams me to death.
  • It's definitely doeable, I remember slogging through TaT with some real makeshift 2* rosters since Stormneto was sidelined for the Mags nodes. I'm sure we can come up with some ideas. Who do you have and how well covered?
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Hulk Bombed it. Lost Hulk (should have taken down Mags first not, Iron Man), but made it through with my Patch/Laken in the mid-120s and Hulk at 150.
  • 2 words: Bring Loki

Doesn't even really matter how many black covers you have, he will help balance out the crazy shield tiles. Also ask your alliance for Captain Marvel Team Ups to destroy shields.
  • Jakecin4791
    Jakecin4791 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the suggestions. I try a few of those in a couple hours when I have some heroes alive again.
  • Loki and Marvel should help, other special tile manipulators (she hulk, Doc Ock) might do pretty well. A board shake team might also do ok in a pinch, too bad mnmags is locked out.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a 553 Cap Marvel, switched to 355, regretted it for the longest. Finally got her back to 553, and it is solely for this PVE. But boy, is it worth it. Destroy all protect tiles, yes please.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    If you have the roster, a fun combo can be Daredevil (yes, really), Loki, and Cyclops. Cyc creates red from yellow, and does the big black nuke if you have excess. Loki converts shield tiles, and shuffles the board. And Daredevil stuns then crotch kicks everyone. When I went through I has 5 traps tiles shuffling around the board.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    I've just had this one node decimate my entire playable roster. Magneto spam FTW.

Anyone get through this with a 2-3* transition roster?

When that freaking node was designed, CMags Magnetic Translocation was on purple, not blue, so he wouldn't spam that. The idea behind that level originally was that with the maggia pumping out blue and yellow, both IM and CMags would drop protect tiles and the level would annoy you to death. Now, however, CMags spams blue to the tune of 5k every few turns. Basically just hope the AI chooses to spend blue on the maggia's cd instead of translocation.
  • Yasuru wrote:
    If you have the roster, a fun combo can be Daredevil (yes, really), Loki, and Cyclops. Cyc creates red from yellow, and does the big black nuke if you have excess. Loki converts shield tiles, and shuffles the board. And Daredevil stuns then crotch kicks everyone. When I went through I has 5 traps tiles shuffling around the board.

I forgot about daredevil, his purple ought to be great at clearing shields also, and Squirrel girl might not remove them but can use them to her advantage.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    2 words: Bring Loki

Doesn't even really matter how many black covers you have, he will help balance out the crazy shield tiles. Also ask your alliance for Captain Marvel Team Ups to destroy shields.
    Loki+Hood. They just gave out a ton of Hood blue covers
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yasuru wrote:

Hadn't thought of that. I am in transition, and got roasted my first time attempting this board. I have beaten it twice now, both times with noone left but torchie. Was using my highest 3*'s (153 Lthor, and 127 Doom (still no blue covers icon_cry.gif ) and Human Torch. have to try DD and Loki, they are only lvl 89 or less, but i have covers in each color for both, with 3 red on DD.. could be fun!
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    I just started running a month long experiment to only play PVE with characters only 110 and below on my roster. I have a few 4* and max 3*'s I normally run with and with this being my first PVE in this experiment, my scaling definitely has not adjusted yet for me. I've gone through 3 passes now with my 110 Lazy Thor, 94 OBW and 110 Blade (current lowbie A-Team) facing 200 level CMags/IM/Goon (latest level, started off at 180 something).

While I have wiped to this more than a few times, I've been able to beat it even with playing opponents scaled to my old PVE playing roster with what characters I'm bring. Granted, both of these are good 3*, just not leveled very high, but I agree, not using my normal team of XFW, 4hor, Loki, Fist, etc really made this node way more difficult than I'm used to.

God... I miss having Loki.... lol.
  • Scoregasms wrote:
    I just started running a month long experiment to only play PVE with characters only 110 and below on my roster. I have a few 4* and max 3*'s I normally run with and with this being my first PVE in this experiment, my scaling definitely has not adjusted yet for me. I've gone through 3 passes now with my 110 Lazy Thor, 94 OBW and 110 Blade (current lowbie A-Team) facing 200 level CMags/IM/Goon (latest level, started off at 180 something).

While I have wiped to this more than a few times, I've been able to beat it even with playing opponents scaled to my old PVE playing roster with what characters I'm bring. Granted, both of these are good 3*, just not leveled very high, but I agree, not using my normal team of XFW, 4hor, Loki, Fist, etc really made this node way more difficult than I'm used to.

God... I miss having Loki.... lol.

Keep in mind better scaling is relative. It's not like the guys running level 100 roster is facing only level 125 enemies the entire time, otherwise you wouldn't even be remotely able to compete with them. I remember seeing enemies go up to about level 100 in the Prodigal Sun event where they apparently turned off your roster scaling (hard nodes were starting at level 10 for me) but it still went to about 100 at the end. It's more like if you run 166/277s you face 300s and someone running 100-120s might face 200s, and after factoring the character buffs are static, the latter likely has a small advantage, especially with a new character (level 40 KK + 90 buff = level 130 which would possibly be usable against level 200 opponents but definitely not 300s).
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Phantron wrote:
    Keep in mind better scaling is relative. It's not like the guys running level 100 roster is facing only level 125 enemies the entire time, otherwise you wouldn't even be remotely able to compete with them. I remember seeing enemies go up to about level 100 in the Prodigal Sun event where they apparently turned off your roster scaling (hard nodes were starting at level 10 for me) but it still went to about 100 at the end. It's more like if you run 166/277s you face 300s and someone running 100-120s might face 200s, and after factoring the character buffs are static, the latter likely has a small advantage, especially with a new character (level 40 KK + 90 buff = level 130 which would possibly be usable against level 200 opponents but definitely not 300s).

Understood, I just usually see this level of "difficulty" around the 3rd or 4th subs, not the first, lol. I'd be OK with 100 levels above my roster near the end of an event, just tough to deal with at the beginning. I don't even know if this little experiment will work or not, but my end goal is to separate out my PVP roster from my lower PVE roster. It'll help a lot once my second XFW and 4hor have enough covers to be useful, but I do have Fury/DD/Groot/all 2*/Lazy Thor/DP/Blade/Cyclops/etc (basically a lot) at 110 - 94 levels now fully covered, which is a bit more variety than my current top-end characters (XFW/4hor/Loki/Cage/IF/Lazy Cap/Lazy Daken/Hulk/Hood), I pretty much have only used this set of characters for both PVE and PVP.

I'm working on copies for all but Hulk above right now, but the previously mentioned list isn't too bad either. We'll see, I gave myself a month long to see if it'll work or not.

But yeah, TaT will suck big time if scaling doesn't go down soon, I may be scaled out by the 2nd sub from the more difficult nodes, lol.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I beat this with 2*Thor, OBW and 2*Wolverine, no boosts, not using any TU.

It took 4 tries with various teams, but this was the team that beat it for me. The clincher was when I was attacking Magneto first, the AI had Don use a yellow attack instead of Magneto using Coersive Field. That gave me the time to fire off my specials and knock down Magneto. Thor took the Ultra Freon Beam from IM, and that left OBW and Wolverine to finish off IM and Don.

Every other time Mags used Coersive Field, Magnetized Projectiles, then Coersive Field again and the trio stomped me. Boosted characters or not.

I do not have a fully covered 3* at all, so Captain marvels Red with 5 covers was not available, Hulk is not available as he won't tank many colors especially with Anger at 1 cover, and Loki under covered as well.

It is frustrating, but possible.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    I got lucky and win, with OBW/Patch/CMarvel. However only CMarvel survive at the end!
  • For this node in particular there's literally no strategy beyond 'hope they will not use Magnetized Particle as soon as possible'. If you take an Ultra Freon Beam then you at least have a chance, because Magneto can fire off 2 Magnetized Particles for the same amount of AP and down two guys instead of one. It's even better if Don uses Cooking the Book but that'd require a lot of luck. The yellow pump is irrelevent compared to how Magneto can essentially down a person every 3-5 turns if he decided to use Magnetized Particles on every opportunity, which is the normal outcome. I guess if you somehow got a Technopathic Strike before Magneto can have a Magnetized Particles ready that might work, but it's awfully hard to outrace him to blue with Don around.
  • thbrown81
    thbrown81 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    It's the node that rewards having a buff 3* roster. It's not impossible.