The devs will NEVER give us a respec system.

Options
Everyone has been asking and begging for a respec system. FROM DAY 1 OF THIS GAME'S RELEASE.

I'm betting that the devs will NEVER implement a respec system. All of the decisions made by the devs all point to one true objective in mind: screw all players where it hurts the most.

Why would the devs create something that helps you, when their purpose is to either screw you, or squeeze more dough out of you?

If the devs really wanted to help, they would have implemented such a system LONG BEFORE they killed Classic Storm's passive. Classic Storm's nerf was a very long time ago. Have they actually done anything besides throw a few random "we promise nothing" comments?

And now they screwed us yet again with Thor and Wolverine's "Funbalancing."

Get real! Everything that the devs have done is to satisfy their sadistic fetishes of watching us writhing in agony from their god-like unopposed decisions. So why the hell would they help you, by giving you a respec system?

People have been making mistakes with their 3-color characters. Can you blame us for being human? Each mistake is a costly one, not easily rectifiable.

There are 2 options to deal with this. The first is a respec system. But don't fool yourself into thinking it's actually going to happen.

The second option is to increase power cap to 15. That way, no one would ever have to worry about screwing up their build. To this end, the devs have absolutely refused, spewing up **** logic that made absolutely no sense. Basically, they would rather screw everyone and force them to adapt to a stupid **** 13-power system that made zero sense, than ease the players' burden by giving them a chance to not screw up their builds.

So yeah, good luck on getting them to do something right for a change.

TLDR
The devs will NEVER implement a respec system. They are too busy finding new ways to screw us. They will break the PVP system to even higher levels of "brokenness". Doesn't seem humanly possible to make the PVP system any worse, but I'm sure they'll find a way to make it happen.

Comments

• Cheese to the whine?

Didn't a dev mention, that there is some kind of respec system coming?
  • Cheese to the whine?

From about 2 months ago. We only have to wait about 2 years more. Maybe it'll come. If not the year after that. Maybe.

Because the devs are saints that actually listen to the people and give them what they want. Yay.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Cheese to the whine?

From about 2 months ago. We only have to wait about 2 years more. Maybe it'll come. If not the year after that. Maybe.

Because the devs are saints that actually listen to the people and give them what they want. Yay.

Relax man. Respec system is something that they already committed to. They haven't started. Consider that it's rare for developers to reveal upcoming features. Now that they've told us that it's something they are going to work on, we need to give them time to work on it. It will be a while before they have something to give us.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mechgouki wrote:
    All of the decisions made by the devs all point to one true objective in mind: screw the **** of all players.
    You're cruising for another ban with posts like this, kid.
  • lolol
    I sometimes feel like you work for competitors of MPQ mechgouki
    But yeah, it's been confirmed a number of times including one fairly recently, that a respec is in the works
    It might take a while longer, but it'll definitely come
  • That'll be the day indeed.

I think I'd probably poop bricks IF that day actually arrives.

I don't want to have any thing against the devs. But every change that they make to the PVP system makes it worse than before. And that's what they would rather do than get a respec system running.

Let me know if any of you guys actually like what they have done to the PVP system, okay?
  • Do you actually enjoy needlessly stressing yourself out? And do you really think the best way to get something you want is through pessimism and belittling the devs?
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love what they are doing to the pvp system.

Do they get it perfect first time? No. But they keep tweaking away like mad gnomes to make it better.

Shields are good. They remove the need to be on in the last hour of a game.
    MMR is good. It is meant to give everyone challenging opponents. It isn't perfect but you cannot deny that they have been adjusting the algorithms.
    PvE that makes fights easier or harder based on your progression is better because the top guys should be the ones who beat the hardest challenges, not the parental basement dwellers.
    Their comms and engagement on the Rag nerf were terrible. They learned and now are getting engagement and buy in.

All those things are much more freaking important than respecs and I for one am thrilled with the way they keep trying to make the game better especially in the face of a player base that seems to act with the self restraint and understanding of a four year old who wants an ice cream.
  • Eddiemon wrote:

Do they get it perfect first time? No. But they keep tweaking away like mad gnomes to make it better.

MMR is good. It is meant to give everyone challenging opponents. It isn't perfect but you cannot deny that they have been adjusting the algorithms.
    PvE that makes fights easier or harder based on your progression is better because the top guys should be the ones who beat the hardest challenges, not the parental basement dwellers.
    Their comms and engagement on the Rag nerf were terrible. They learned and now are getting engagement and buy in.

All those things are much more freaking important than respecs and I for one am thrilled with the way they keep trying to make the game better especially in the face of a player base that seems to act with the self restraint and understanding of a four year old who wants an ice cream.

Shields are good? I think the idea behind shields is interesting, but it really is just a band-aid & a reaction to a scoring and matching system that has been pissing everyone off. What type of game pushes you NOT TO PLAY??! How fun!
  • The implementation of the basic respec is like 3 hours tops (the one that allows the up button and overflowing the 13 limit then asks to select one other to subtract), it could have been done anytime in the last months if actual will existed.

Creating a good pvp schema i not only magnitudes more work in implementation, the first obstacle is that no one has a good and proved design for it -- so you really need simulation, experiments, tweaks and black magic to get anywhere. Though it could be done way better than it is (most people here predicted the problems, effects, exploits 5 minutes after reading announcement -- devs should be no less smart or if they are should ask for assistance), and we could jump over some f-ups, for not having a perfect or even a really good system I can't blame them.

So OP's observation is fair -- we can't tell whether at the root it's reluctance, malice incompetency, but really nothing suggests this negligible amount of work for customer satisfaction will ever come out of the black hole.

Too bad.
  • Eddiemon wrote:

Yeah, because apparently wanting to build your custom character correctly is not important at all, and wanting a solution to avoid scrapping your character when you made a simple human error is evil and sinful.

Rock on, bro.
    Eddiemon wrote:

Every change they made to the PVP system was worse than the last.
    Eddiemon wrote:

Please try to understand that not all of us are masochistic. We don't enjoy being pit against players with team members each at least 40 levels above us. Some of us don't enjoy throwing away all our boosts and health packs on that one single match.

Some of us don't actually enjoy getting stuck on the same group of 8 opponents, no matter how many times you skip.

And some of us don't enjoy fighting 3 hard matches to earn 50 points, only to have it taken away in 2 mins by someone attacking you.

But it's good to see that you actually enjoy such a system. Continue to enjoy it. I have a feeling the devs will make the system even more catered for your tastes.
  • Eddiemon wrote:

Do you play the game actually? The experience is getting worse and worse. With any step forward we had 2-3 steps back. Root problems are never touched, only workarounds applied that cause more serious problems on some end. With shields the "problem" was on the other side -- progression rewards got accessible by actual players rather than just sitting as teaser -- so they had to ruin everything in several more steps until the original inaccessibility got restored. That it made the game a nightmare is not the point. Guess they even like that shields are now strictly mandatory for any HP-granting position, no more freebies, suckers.
  • Now I am not optimistic atm but yes, devs have spoken about respec. So yes I believe it will come. They do tend to follow their list.
  • STFU already. How many whining threads of yours are there on the first page alone? Jesus.
  • jozier wrote:
    STFU already. How many whining threads of yours are there on the first page alone? Jesus.

For your information, those are CRITICISM threads.

Why don't you come up with your own counter-arguments instead of telling people to shut up?

Oh wait, sorry, you can't. You got nothing.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2014
    Options
    mechgouki wrote:

Yeah, because apparently wanting to build your custom character correctly is not important at all, and wanting a solution to avoid scrapping your character when you made a simple human error is evil and sinful.

Rock on, bro.

Nice strawman. I pointed out things that were MORE important. That's how priorities work. That's why the devs have a list.
    Every change they made to the PVP system was worse than the last.

Really? Even when, for example, they halved the price of shields again? Your hyperbole creates a recursive loop of broken logic.

Please try to understand that not all of us are masochistic. We don't enjoy being pit against players with team members each at least 40 levels above us. Some of us don't enjoy throwing away all our boosts and health packs on that one single match.

Some of us don't actually enjoy getting stuck on the same group of 8 opponents, no matter how many times you skip.

And some of us don't enjoy fighting 3 hard matches to earn 50 points, only to have it taken away in 2 mins by someone attacking you.

But it's good to see that you actually enjoy such a system. Continue to enjoy it. I have a feeling the devs will make the system even more catered for your tastes.

No, see I understand what MMR is meant to be. It is meant to match people based on their wins and losses. You insist on a system where you can skip until you only win. Such a system will match you up against people who also only win. Welcome to MMR hell where you keep seeing the same people who only win.

In order for MMR to actually work you have to lose once in a while. And legitimately lose. The tanking that used to fix your problem didn't work, because you just victimised someone else. The new guy who could only beat maybe 60% of the teams out there was now seeing people who had tanked to get their ratio down to 60%. Now you had easy picking while he was in a much worse MMR hell. But sod him, because he isn't you. And he got beat down so bad that he ended up in the 40% bracket so he victimised them. And so on down the food chain, so that the top tier could have easier fights.

That's why they are trying to cut down on skipping. So that they can actually get a gauge on your limits and your abilities and match you against your peers. Ideally they would find an MMR level where you have to use a health pack every 10 fights or so. Enough to be statistically valid but not enough to force you to stop playing waiting for health packs.

I'm not the masochist in this situation, it is you. You scream and shout and demand the impossible and are unwilling to settle for the possible while you are suffering in MMR hell. I look on the game as a developing child. It is going to make mistakes and need its nappy changed every once in a while, but growth and evolution is exciting to watch. I'm not suffering because I know that everything happening here is just a phase of development, and I can see them taking the learnings on board. The algorithms they are trying to put together need to allow for tens of thousands of players with different needs and playing capabilities. They aren't simple, and thanks to Chaos Theory they are very unpredictable when you scale them from 10 testers to 10,000. And my 10 bucks a month isn't paying for 10,000 testers.

Take the broken PvE event currently running. The event itself was broken and hard, but take a look at the thread discussing the event on this board. People talked strategy and workarounds and optimal teams and that was a fun experience for those who got together and exchanged information and ideas. That was fun and exciting and I take the good from that experience and don't fret on the bad from the PvE experience because I know the Devs won't try that algorithm again without some serious tweaks.
  • Because you have nothing. The devs have stated repeatedly that there will be a respec system. So far they've put their money where their mouths are with other upcoming changes. So STFU, you whine about literally every single thing that happens in this game.
  • Considering this was posted by a Dev in the thread that was made specifically to discuss the Wolviethor funbalancing the timing from the op seems odd to me:
    IceIX wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    1. I think I may need to respec my Thor (he's currently 3/5/3) though I'm not sure yet. Is this coming?
    2. Is 5/5/3 now the optimal Wolverine build?
    1. It's coming. I do not however, have a timeline. We want to make sure the system for that is extensible and robust and not just a new UI using Gorn Engineering to get it working.
    2. That's what I'd run personally. But I'm a "kill them before they kill you" type player.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Because you have nothing. The devs have stated repeatedly that there will be a respec system. So far they've put their money where their mouths are with other upcoming changes. So STFU, you whine about literally every single thing that happens in this game.

I think you conveniently forgot the part where they clearly mentioned that there is no ETA and no promises.
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2094&p=29438#p29438

So yeah, they'll be keeping their word, even if nothing is ever delivered.

BTW, do you have any idea how ironic it is to be whining at an alleged whiner? Are you truly that clueless?

Go worship the devs or something.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Because you have nothing. The devs have stated repeatedly that there will be a respec system. So far they've put their money where their mouths are with other upcoming changes. So STFU, you whine about literally every single thing that happens in this game.

I think you conveniently forgot the part where they clearly mentioned that there is no ETA and no promises.
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2094&p=29438#p29438

So yeah, they'll be keeping their word, even if nothing is ever delivered.

BTW, do you have any idea how ironic it is to be whining at an alleged whiner? Are you truly that ignorant and clueless?

Go worship the devs or something.

It's not remotely ironic in the slightest. I'm not whining at you. I'm telling you to STFU because you are an annoying child.