Avengers Elite Training

1151618202126

Comments

  • mousermouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Anyone had a match against Fodder2009? Now in 2nd place. Curious what team he's using from that roster.
  • NemekNemek Posts: 1,511
    mouser wrote:
    Anyone had a match against Fodder2009? Now in 2nd place. Curious what team he's using from that roster.

    Wolverine/Cap/Thor
  • Hope that match helped Nemek. I'm pretty set where I'm at but you can push for top 3!

    I´ll just copy and paste my post here, since it´s where the AE is being discussed...

    @flash. Nicely done. My team is not as good as yours (and nemek, and walky, etc), so i was actually losing points by not being shielded (taking like 3 mins to win a battle for 15, while being attacked for 30+), so i´ll settle for top 30 (100 points away from top 10, but don´t think it´s reachable).

    You know what´s going to piss me off? Is that I know those 3 tokens are gonna be ****. So in the end, a lot of work, a lot of shield control, to profit like 500 hp. Meh.

    They should have had progression rewards. Or give more interesting stuff as rewards for battles than just a small random amount of iso. How much more fun would it be to play if every battle you had like a small chance to win some nice 3* cover?


    I´m here looking at the standings. sitting right now at 816 (was 900+ at some point, then got greedy) in 18th (so same as 11-30). It´s like a hundred points to get to top10. At 15 points a battle, that like 7 battles. without being attacked. Yep, that´s not happening. I´ll be here hiding behind my shield.

    The ony unshielded person from 1-22 is JoshNadel, with an average team. I´m trying to see if he´s moving up or down.

    ps. As I wrote this, dude disappeared from the standings. Must´ve shot down.
  • NemekNemek Posts: 1,511
    JoshNadel went up.
  • Perdidodf wrote:
    Hope that match helped Nemek. I'm pretty set where I'm at but you can push for top 3!

    I´ll just copy and paste my post here, since it´s where the AE is being discussed...

    @flash. Nicely done. My team is not as good as yours (and nemek, and walky, etc), so i was actually losing points by not being shielded (taking like 3 mins to win a battle for 15, while being attacked for 30+), so i´ll settle for top 30 (100 points away from top 10, but don´t think it´s reachable).

    You know what´s going to piss me off? Is that I know those 3 tokens are gonna be ****. So in the end, a lot of work, a lot of shield control, to profit like 500 hp. Meh.

    They should have had progression rewards. Or give more interesting stuff as rewards for battles than just a small random amount of iso. How much more fun would it be to play if every battle you had like a small chance to win some nice 3* cover?


    I´m here looking at the standings. sitting right now at 816 (was 900+ at some point, then got greedy) in 18th (so same as 11-30). It´s like a hundred points to get to top10. At 15 points a battle, that like 7 battles. without being attacked. Yep, that´s not happening. I´ll be here hiding behind my shield.

    The ony unshielded person from 1-22 is JoshNadel, with an average team. I´m trying to see if he´s moving up or down.

    ps. As I wrote this, dude disappeared from the standings. Must´ve shot down.


    thanks man.

    I agree the reward structure could use some tweaking, but hey, it was their first go so i'll give them the pass. at least that 1st place prize is beefy.
  • Nemek wrote:
    JoshNadel went up.

    Whoa, that he did, got to 8. Now I´m wondering if I should go for broke, sneak into the top 10. His team is not much better than mine.

    Kinda of affraid of being gang banged, though.
  • Ugh, I'm in the middle of a work thing and can't unshield to push, but fodder is creeping on me! Come on mob, don't fail me now!
  • Ugh, I'm in the middle of a work thing and can't unshield to push, but fodder is creeping on me! Come on mob, don't fail me now!

    36 points to go, lol. He is shielded right now, though.
  • one hundred golden crowns to the man who brings me fodder's head
  • edited January 2014
    one hundred golden crowns to the man who brings me fodder's head

    @lmao

    Good luck walk!!!
  • NemekNemek Posts: 1,511
    one hundred golden crowns to the man who brings me fodder's head

    You know...I was hoping to kick him down, but it looks like I missed the window when he was unshielded. I was semi-looking for it, too.
  • one hundred golden crowns to the man who brings me fodder's head

    @lmao

    Good luck walk!!!

    Make that like 2000HP and then we´ll talk icon_e_wink.gif

    Looks like he gave up, though. Either that, or he´s lulling you into a false sense of security...
  • I´m still amazed that they managed to create a game that, in its last hours in a tournament, the best move is not to play. smh.
  • NemekNemek Posts: 1,511
    Perdidodf wrote:
    I´m still amazed that they managed to create a game that, in its last hours in a tournament, the best move is not to play. smh.

    ...?

    Plenty of the top 10 will be playing in the last hour. Otherwise they lose their spots to people passing them...
  • Nemek wrote:
    Perdidodf wrote:
    I´m still amazed that they managed to create a game that, in its last hours in a tournament, the best move is not to play. smh.

    ...?

    Plenty of the top 10 will be playing in the last hour. Otherwise they lose their spots to people passing them...

    Maybe i didn´t express myself well. What I meant was, here we are, in the last hour of a 48+ hours tournament, and 95% of the top 20 are not playing. people just unshield for a quick battle if there are positions to be gained or in danger of being lost.

    I´m not saying it´s not strategic. It just seems counter intuitive to me. I should be playing, and not figuring out that I get 32 points for attacking carlie, that was in 12, and no just dropped to 18th. It´s not worth the risk.

    Maybe for you guys with the 3* 100+ team, but it takes me too long to win a battle (like 2,3 min) for it to be worth the risk.

    It was more fun (and negatively nerve wracking) when everyone played like crazy in the last hour.

    I don´t know, maybe i´m just ranting. It´s like 2 in the morning where I am.
  • Top 10 please start a bloodbath. icon_twisted.gif

    edit : 4 of the 11-20 range are active.
  • NemekNemek Posts: 1,511
    Perdidodf wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Perdidodf wrote:
    I´m still amazed that they managed to create a game that, in its last hours in a tournament, the best move is not to play. smh.

    ...?

    Plenty of the top 10 will be playing in the last hour. Otherwise they lose their spots to people passing them...

    Maybe i didn´t express myself well. What I meant was, here we are, in the last hour of a 48+ hours tournament, and 95% of the top 20 are not playing. people just unshield for a quick battle if there are positions to be gained or in danger of being lost.

    I´m not saying it´s not strategic. It just seems counter intuitive to me. I should be playing, and not figuring out that I get 32 points for attacking carlie, that was in 12, and no just dropped to 18th. It´s not worth the risk.

    Maybe for you guys with the 3* 100+ team, but it takes me too long to win a battle (like 2,3 min) for it to be worth the risk.

    It was more fun (and negatively nerve wracking) when everyone played like crazy in the last hour.

    I don´t know, maybe i´m just ranting. It´s like 2 in the morning where I am.

    Gotcha. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of it's current implementation, but it's something a bit different, and it's neat that everybody is having to develop new strategies to do well.

    Truthfully, I don't think I'll try-hard another one of these in the current implementation (but these things change every week, so who knows.)
  • I have a question. Josh Nadel is now shielded. But I have him in my queue. What happens if I attack him?
  • NemekNemek Posts: 1,511
    Ugh, I'm in the middle of a work thing and can't unshield to push, but fodder is creeping on me! Come on mob, don't fail me now!

    Hope that work thing finishes...I think we're going to be passing you up.
  • NemekNemek Posts: 1,511
    Perdidodf wrote:
    I have a question. Josh Nadel is now shielded. But I have him in my queue. What happens if I attack him?

    You get points, he gets the notification of not losing points like what was common a few weeks ago.
Sign In or Register to comment.