The 1000 Point Challenge

Comments

• atomzed wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Combo77 reached upwards of 1200 points tonight with 2* magneto, 2* storm and a lvl77 (after boosts!) Doom

There is obviously a glitch. Combo77 was unshielded for extended period of time, and everyone in my bracket was hitting him but he did not lose any points at all.

He skewed the whole bracelet because the top 10 in my bracket unshielded at the last 15 mins, to hit him.... Including me. And despite having 1300 points, no one hit me at all! Because everyone went for the easy points. It was crazy.

This is another kyip gate.

Sounds to me like you're jealous oh Combo77's advanced pvp techniques, atomzed.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Combo77 reached upwards of 1200 points tonight with 2* magneto, 2* storm and a lvl77 (after boosts!) Doom

There is obviously a glitch. Combo77 was unshielded for extended period of time, and everyone in my bracket was hitting him but he did not lose any points at all.

He skewed the whole bracelet because the top 10 in my bracket unshielded at the last 15 mins, to hit him.... Including me. And despite having 1300 points, no one hit me at all! Because everyone went for the easy points. It was crazy.

This is another kyip gate.

Sounds to me like you're jealous oh Combo77's advanced pvp techniques, atomzed.

Ark, nice try in baiting me.

combo77 singlehandedly cause the top 10 in my bracket to unshield in the last 15 minutes. Since when did you see this happen after the shield cool down was introduced? Never.

And I am NOT saying that combo77 intentionally cause the glitch. But a glitch did happen.

I have check with several people on LINE and what they seen is congruent with my observations.

Btw do you know combo77 personally? If so, it will also be good to check his side of the story.
  • I will make the attempt in the Doctor's Orders event for this. However, for fun. I am calling on the community to pick the team/teams that I do this with. For a list of my characters available please click here and submit your vote for my team(s) that I should use.

Doctor's Orders Event
    Time slice - 4
    When you joined - Joined slice as soon as event opened, but only played last 3 hours of event.
    Your team composition throughout your climb - BP, Doom, Pun
    Points at which you shielded - Didn't shield. Was only attacked twice and the points I gained/lossed negated each other surprisingly.
    Number of matches per hop
    HP spent - 0
    Did you actually reach 1000 points? - Nope, 634.

I would have went further if I gave myself more time to play, but with life in the way I couldn't make it happen. More time is important.

I will make the attempt again in the Punisher Event. If you wish to choose the team I do it with go here.
  • iamxzo
    iamxzo Posts: 65 Match Maker
    i did it two times with maxed lthor and hood, and it tooks about 1.5k hp each try
  • Time slice : Slice 1
    When you joined : As event started
    Your team composition throughout your climb : climbed to 850 using various teams, lots of patch panther.
    Points at which you shielded : 830, 920, 950, 1030
    Number of matches per hop : 2, 3, 2, 2
    HP spent : Including boosts 1100
    Did you actually reach 1000 points?: yes

Did this one very badly, but successfully.

ended up using a 24, a 3, a 8, another 24, and then a 3 to protect my final score for 900 in shields and bought boosts twice so 1100 HP spent.
    Ended up losing the first match that would have put me over the top and got hit during the attempt so panicked and reshiedled with a 24 at that point.
    Advice to people attempting, be patient, try to find a spot in your schedule where you can play almost exactly 8 hours apart, that is the hard one for me.
  • Adrock1020
    Adrock1020 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Got to 1000 points for the first time ever in PVP today. It was the Army of One event, slice 4. My Punisher is 4/5/4 lvl 117 (176 boosted). I primarily used Patch/Hulk after 600 pts, with an occasional Hood or Dr. Doom depending on matchups (all at 166). I ended up spending approximately 600 HP on shields, and will probably spend another 150 to ensure I stay in top 25 (9 hours left). I started the event right when it began and shot up to 600 pretty quickly. I shielded at about 600, 750, 875 and 1000. I'm pretty happy to find out this is actually attainable for me as I have no usable 4*, my closest being a 4/1/2 lvl 152 X-force. I figured when everything is said and done, I'll have spent 750 HP and netted 2 cyclops covers, 1 Punisher cover (allowing me to respec him to the much more desired 3/5/5), and a 4hor cover. Can't complain.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Goal: Reach 1K on 300 HP
    Event: Army Of One
    Time slice: Slice 5
    When you joined: I think there were about 48 hours left?
    Your team composition throughout your climb: Daken/Patch (climbing) and Hulk/Patch (hops) always with maxed Pun
    Points at which you shielded: 802, 840 (*string of profanities*), 938, 1008
    Number of matches per hop 2.
    HP spent: 450. 3-hr, 8-hr, 3-hr, 8-hr (I guess I could have saved 150 and just lost 100s of points after reaching 1K but I'm pretty sure the alliance would frown on that)
    Did you actually reach 1000 points? Yes

Sadly since my goal was to do this on 300 HP I technically failed but it seems 450 is better than most.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Just curious, how does one play Hulk/Patch effectively with a featured who covers all of Hulk's colours, such as Punisher/Torch?

I had to keep my Punisher underlevelled such that Hulk still takes 3 colours+TU even with Punisher buffed. Botched really badly in Army of One campaign, could barely break out of 700s before being pummeled down to 500s again, so never made it to first base at all
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    ^Depends I don't know what the stats are now that the feature is buffed to 290 at max level but in the previous Army Of One maxed Pun would only tank Hulks Black so you still had Green and Red (and I think it was Blue) to get Hulk angry with.

If all else fails though you can always just run the loaner.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slice 1. used Patch/BP to hop to 1k in Xavier pvp.
    used Iso boosts for green/black, red/yellow, 2 matches per hop. spent 450hp for 2x3h/2x8hr shields, made target plus one extra match with no need to break shield at the end.
  • Hitting 1k in torch was a good challenge, spent too much again but still a bargain for a x-force black and a few daken's I still needed
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    I've never hit above 600 points in a PVP event, though to be fair, my XF is sitting at lvl 131, 3/1/2 and I don't have any 3*'s at 166. I have a couple fully covered, but not fully leveled.

With the character boosts, I'm currently just under 600 points with 9 or so hours to go. I already have 5 purpleflag.png covers on Daken, so top 5 is certainly optimal, but I doubt I can pull it off even with shields. Whereas before I'd hit a wall of 4*'s, now I'm hitting a wall of maxed out 3*'s and a maxed XF.

The boosted characters are certainly helping, but I don't think that wall is ever going away.
  • bdksni1
    bdksni1 Posts: 103
    Event Hot Shot
    Time slice 2
    When i joined 48 hours to go
    Team composition 166(280) 5-3-5 Loki / 94(164) 5-3-5 Torch / 166(280) 5-5-3 Hood
    Point at which i shielded 792 24hr, 905 3hr, 1006 8hr
    number of matches per hop 3-4
    HP spent 525
    did i actually reach 1000 points? Yes 1006
    Enjoyed this event a lot, multiple powered-up chars give much more depth to our rosters, saw 0 (!!!) XF-4thor teams but some XF-Fury/Lthor or Patch/Loki along the way. A breath of fresh air on pvp imho.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    I've never hit above 600 points in a PVP event, though to be fair, my XF is sitting at lvl 131, 3/1/2 and I don't have any 3*'s at 166. I have a couple fully covered, but not fully leveled.

With the character boosts, I'm currently just under 600 points with 9 or so hours to go. I already have 5 purpleflag.png covers on Daken, so top 5 is certainly optimal, but I doubt I can pull it off even with shields. Whereas before I'd hit a wall of 4*'s, now I'm hitting a wall of maxed out 3*'s and a maxed XF.

The boosted characters are certainly helping, but I don't think that wall is ever going away.

I don't think the devs ever intend for that wall to go away. You're going to have to play through that wall to get to 1000 points. Technically, you should be able to do it with fully covered, but underlevelled 3*s (we've had a few Patch/Hulk bombers pull it off with underlevelled characters), but it's slightly riskier than doing it with fully levelled 3* characters. There isn't much difference in damage output or health (depending on how underlevelled they are), but you're at a slight psychological disadvantage, because people are always going to choose the underlevelled teams as an opponent, rather than the fully levelled teams, if the point values are otherwise equivalent.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Yeah I should have been more clear. The wall itself won't go away, but as my roster gets better and more fully leveled up, at least I'll be a part of that wall if not necessarily on the other side of it icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll play
    EVENT: Hot Shot
    SLICE: 1
    JOINED AT: -45 hours
    TEAM: 166 Patch, 140 Loki/166 Hood, 110 HT
    SHIELDS UP: 730:8, 820:3, 906:8, 974:3, 1012:8
    MATCHES/HOP: 3-3-2-1
    HP SPENT: 600
    DID YOU REACH 1000: Yes, 1st legitimate 1000, I hit 1000 2 events back when Combo77 was handing out 40 point matches to all challengers so I'm not counting that one
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    This will be extremely easy to do now with the boosted 3* characters (which I should note, I like it so far). I put away my maxed 4 stars and stuck with all 3 stars for Hotshot and used either fat Thor/HT/Hood or Fat Thor/HT/Loki and reached 1100. I didn't bother to shield at under 700 then hopped up to 940 with 13 hours left. I've used 2 3 hour shields and 1 8 hour shield to get to 1100. I could easily get to 1200 and challenge for 5th place if I use my last 8 hour shield, but since it's a fellow CareBearStare member sitting in 5th in my bracket it's not worth the HP to do so.

The new boosted 3* system will balance the playing field some and make 1000 achievable for far more players. I really think it's a good thing as it will no longer be 4thor/featured/xforce taking the top 10 anymore. I may not claim top 5 every time going forward, but for the sake of the game it's well worth it.

Edit: I broke shields the last 3 minutes just for the fun of it and didn't bother waisting any boost to finish at 1135.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    SLICE: 4
    JOINED AT: ~26 hours
    TEAM: 166 Lazy Thor, 166 Hood, 110 HT
    SHIELDS UP: 790:3,830:8,910:3,990:8,3:1017
    MATCHES/HOP: 2
    HP SPENT: 525
    DID YOU REACH 1000: Yes
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a great thread. This is the info I need right now deciding who to start working on for pvp. I'm an established ** player just starting to get usable ***s and I'd love to make the right decision in where to focus my iso first. So far, I've tallied all characters used for those who made it to 1000. I may have missed some or counted some for someone who didn't, but a quick run-through gives me:

#1 Patch 9 tallies
    #2 LDaken 6 tallies
    #3 Hood 6 tallies
    #4 Hulk 5 tallies
    #5 LThor 5 tallies
    #6 Bl Panther 4 tallies
    #7 Loki 3 tallies
    #8 Doom 3 tallies
    #9 Iron Fist 2 tallies
    with one tally each: Grocket, Magneto, Capt Am, Luke Cage

Feel free to correct me if I missed something but my LThor is almost viable and I've been wondering who to pair (thread in tips) and this kind of info is great so I hopefully can do this most efficiently as possible. I only wish I had more hulk and patch covers and my first Daken would be great to start on him.

Keep this info coming - it is very much appreciated and used.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    SLICE: 5
    JOINED AT: prejoined
    TEAM: 153 Lazy Thor, 153 Hood, 141 HT
    SHIELDS UP: 856, 965
    MATCHES/HOP: 3 / 2 (breaking shield in last 7 mins)
    HP SPENT: 225
    DID YOU REACH 1000: Yes

this will be much harder to achieve when they switch to a different set of buffed characters...