Percentage of people who spend money?

Options
13»

Comments

• mechgouki wrote:
    Got a late jump on this game so I plunked down $60 for max roster spots and the last few levels of Thor and Wolverine.

Holy tinykitty. 60 bucks? 0_0!!!

I have a friend who's dropped over 10,000 USD on Clash of Clans... and that game is not half as fun as MPQ.

Obviously he's in a much higher tax bracket...
  • I spent $20 when I started this game and was figuring out what I was doing. Half of it was spent on character slots and the other half was spent on daily deal tokens. The Heroic tokens weren't all that useful, but the ones for the Hulk even were great.

As a note though, I probably won't spend money again until they fix MMR or at least improve the selection of opponents you get matched with. That and Respec option.
  • Nothing yet - just don't see the value. The amount of HP/ISO you get for $ is too low compared to the relative effort of getting HP/ISO in game. I've been able to do just fine without spending. I have every cover with most maxed on covers though not level. I can usually get top rewards if I work on it and spending money would not get me a higher finish (which is a great thing since pay to win = lame). I'm at the point where I'm collecting HP/ISO and not spending because I want to wait until the "funbalancing" (gota love whoever came up with that term) is done. Still feeling the burn of spending hard earned HP to upgrade Rags and then having him taken away from me less than a week later. Anyway - there is nothing in the game that tempts me to spend money. Perhaps I will spend at some point just to say thanks. I do appreciate those that do find value in spending money for supporting the game though!
  • I dropped $20 at the beginning for roster slots, and that's it. I'd spend more if my HP dried up somehow, or if I'm just feeling charitable. Although I don't like to pay for advantages in F2P games, I do like to support the developers, and I would've gladly paid $20 or more for a new 1-player Puzzle Quest game.
  • I've started playing in mid december, and i've bought the 600 HP package (4.49 €), using all of it for some roster spaces and a single daily heroic token (it granted me a wolverine yellow cover, not bad).

I'm planning to buy another 4.49 € package tommorow, because of the added 150 HP bonus ,but i'm not sure what i plan to do with them. I would like to use them for a token that can grants me Punisher and perhaps Hulk (would prefer Punisher). I know the Hulk event obviously granted Punisher/Hulk covers, but i'm not sure what other tokens could grant those two at the moment.
  • I dropped $25 for myself and then another $20 for the wife on her account. We used them mainly for roster slots early on and I think its totally appropriate for the amount of time and fun we get out of it. Though I have scaled back on how much I play since I started in October I am sitting on 5300 HP (mainly front hunt ares) with no real incentive to use it on anything at the moment.
  • i think it's kinda lame you can spend a ton of $$$$ to buy a good team... where's the challenge? I totally support some strategic spending to get certain covers, use shields to strategically win an important tournament, etc, but dropping $5k to just dominate...
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Speedy0307 wrote:
    i think it's kinda lame you can spend a ton of $$$$ to buy a good team... where's the challenge? I totally support some strategic spending to get certain covers, use shields to strategically win an important tournament, etc, but dropping $5k to just dominate...

If somebody is willing to drop 5K to dominate, then all the power to them. What's nice about this game is that there's an upper limit to how powerful you are - my maxed 3* star characters will always be just as good as somebody with infinite resources.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    Speedy0307 wrote:
    i think it's kinda lame you can spend a ton of $$$$ to buy a good team... where's the challenge? I totally support some strategic spending to get certain covers, use shields to strategically win an important tournament, etc, but dropping $5k to just dominate...

If somebody is willing to drop 5K to dominate, then all the power to them. What's nice about this game is that there's an upper limit to how powerful you are - my maxed 3* star characters will always be just as good as somebody with infinite resources.

I completely agree.
  • Unity wrote:
    It's my birthday, can i get a discount? icon_e_wink.gif

Happy birthday!!!

A few discounts out now, maybe they heard your plea?
  • The sale is a joke. They really struggle to provide value to someone who isn't entirely new to the game.

For £13.99 I'd need the 31,000 ISO to even make a dent in my characters. 11,000 ISO is pointless
  • abuelo wrote:
    The sale is a joke. They really struggle to provide value to someone who isn't entirely new to the game.

For £13.99 I'd need the 31,000 ISO to even make a dent in my characters. 11,000 ISO is pointless
    First World MPQ Problems
  • gobstopper wrote:
    abuelo wrote:
    The sale is a joke. They really struggle to provide value to someone who isn't entirely new to the game.

First World MPQ Problems

Hardly, my highest character is a level 77 Doom. 15 quid for levelling a 3* character a few levels is absurd.

Hell, 11000 ISO (and lets not forget it is normally 8!) would barely get you your last 10 levels on a 2* star character.
  • The Steam prices...now that is useful icon_e_biggrin.gif