Percentage of people who spend money?

Options

Comments

• Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I spent $20 when I first started playing but that was only because I couldn't bear to see rewards expire and I needed the cover slots. Now I'm sitting at 28 slots and 1625 HP looking back wondering why I bothered in the first place as the likes of yelena, venom, juggernaut, hawkeye sit on my bench never being used or leveled icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It's my birthday, can i get a discount? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Deimos12 wrote:
    I spent $20 when I first started playing but that was only because I couldn't bear to see rewards expire and I needed the cover slots. Now I'm sitting at 28 slots and 1625 HP looking back wondering why I bothered in the first place as the likes of yelena, venom, juggernaut, hawkeye sit on my bench never being used or leveled icon_lol.gif

When i started the game, i always had a free slot because for some reason i thinked that if you dont have an empty space you will lose the cover.

I was tempted to buy something to tip the devs but the reward/price is too low.
  • Dribbler
    Dribbler Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't spend a dime because I'm cheap. Leveled members of my pool of heroes include:

85 Thor
    85 Wolverine (AXM)
    85 Storm (Classic)
    82 IM40
    66 Hulk
    64 Widow (Grey)
    58 Punisher
    50 IM35
    50 Storm (Modern)
    40 Widow (Modern)
    40 Venom
    30 Widow (Original)

I spent 20$, and you got a better lineup than I do, so you're doing fine.
  • I'd be interested to know numbers, but I doubt it's the sort of thing Demiurge wants to disclose. I was surprised enough they advertised their number of active players by making the Hulk events unbracketed.

Bought the middle HP amount early on to dump on 20ish cover slots so I could keep one of each. Mostly - haven't kept up adding from tournament/progression payouts since shields were introduced to drain HP and I spent 500 on a black OBW in desperation, so temporarily without Yelena and *Hawkeye, who weren't leveled, anyway. I'll probably manage without.

I get the impression the cover slot thing is a fairly common one-off payment arrangement for people who don't entirely love f2p and would rather just be paying once up front, since it more or less allows you to do that. They'll potentially see more money from me down the line if they keep up the Hunt/Hulk style events long enough (in my head this would be the "expansion pack" fee), but right now they're fairly thin on content for even a single purchase.

You can certainly soundly out-compete anyone if you throw colossal amounts of cash at the game, but you equally certainly don't have to, at least not yet. Time to grind, particularly time to grind at optimal moments for the strange scoring set-ups, is a bigger limiting factor, anyway.
  • I just pour some hp to upgrade my 4* IW. There"s no way i would sacrife all my time in every tournament with chance to get it.
  • I spent 40 dollars on each of the original puzzle quest games and Galactrix, so I am willing to spend about that much on this game. So far I have spent about half of that basically to get more cover slots.
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I haven't yet, but I would if there was an HP sale. Unfortunately I'm at the point where HP that I could get for, say $5 wouldn't go very far in getting new cover slots.
  • Unity wrote:

Happy birthday!!!
  • As a general rule I don't spend on freemium games because it either diminishes the gameplay (ie. pay for the best characters without hardwork) or the dev team is being greedy (ie. pay now or wait three days before you can play again). MPQ has great gameplay, longevity and an active dev team so I don't mind spending a little. Not to mention you can be very successful with hardwork and not spending $$.

I've only been playing for 2-3 weeks, grinding like a drug addict, lol and only spent $7 on HP for roster spots. I made the mistake grinding to get a ton of tokens and opening them all at once not knowing characters had expiration dates so I had to buy some spots or risking losing some covers. Given the little I've spent I've had a lot of success (ie. Ares (2,3,4), Punisher (2,1), Wolverine Patch (1,2), Wolverine (2,1), Thor (3,1,2) and many otherss... I really appreciate you can play and be successful without dumping $$$$$.
  • Darkon wrote:
    Deimos12 wrote:

When i started the game, i always had a free slot because for some reason i thinked that if you dont have an empty space you will lose the cover.

I was tempted to buy something to tip the devs but the reward/price is too low.

If the intent is to show appreciation for the game, then whatever you get for ISO/HP is just a bonus.
  • I only discover the game when it went up on Steam. I like both the Puzzle quest series and D3 as a publisher (Crush on the PSP was great) so I've spent maybe $15 on HP for covers which I would never do for any other free to play game if it wasn't for D3 and the Puzzle Quest brand being involved. This was before I realised how to earn HP in the game and obviously I wanted to collect all the covers.

Hearing that the game has been out longer than it's availability on steam makes me understand how some people have LV85+ heroes.

I don't see myself spending more money as the increased HP of added roster spaces makes it not seem worth it.
  • I hate cheap people who refuse to spend money on this game.

I am a cheap person who did not spend money on this game.

See the irony? icon_razz.gif

Anyway, I didn't spend money on this game, largely not by choice. The fact is that without a credit card account of any kind, I cannot make any form of online purchase.

The last purchase I made on an MMORPG, and that was because the publisher sold these cash cards to purchase items. I bought 30 US dollars worth of stuff. Only to have the game announced being killed two months later. No refunds. icon_e_sad.gif

But regardless, even if I could, I would not spend a single dime on this game, until the devs do these:
    1) Put in a respec system OR raise power limit to 15
    2) Reduce Shield prices to reasonable prices.

STOP INFLATING THE PRICES OF EVERYTHING IN THE GAME DAMMIT!! You inflate the prices of Heroic packs, you inflate the prices of Shields, what the hell is next?!
  • Got a late jump on this game so I plunked down $60 for max roster spots and the last few levels of Thor and Wolverine. I usually don't go beyond the cost of a console game, but with the amount of aggravation prevented by shields, I may be looking at a $20 a month habit if not more going forward. And given how much entertainment I get in return without the frustration faced by HP misers, I think it's more than worth it for me to not have to sweat out the last 30 mins of every tourney.
  • Unity wrote:

No, though you can obtain a really precious ring. But only if you' want it so much to kill for it. icon_e_wink.gif
  • I started in December, and got a really lucky red Rag cover early on. Spent money to get it to 5 and Spidey's Blue to 5, used those 2 to do way better in tournaments very early in my playing career.

Rags' Red got me so many other covers, I really can't complain about the nerf even though I spent money on him. If I had bought those covers only a week before the nerf, I might feel differently. That being said, if any Devs are reading this: I am furious and demand that I get a full refund of my HP back icon_e_wink.gif
  • Got a late jump on this game so I plunked down $60 for max roster spots and the last few levels of Thor and Wolverine.

Holy tinykitty. 60 bucks? 0_0!!!
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    ibontherun wrote:
    I guess the question is...in the long term, how competitive can a $0 spender be in this game?? And what percentage of people have spent on the game??

Started out in October. Currently at 31 roster slots, most covers at their power cap with the exception of hulk and patch. Sitting on ~150k ISO, ~12k HP, ~300 standard and ~30 heroic tokens. Nothing spent so far.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Anyway, I didn't spend money on this game, largely not by choice. The fact is that without a credit card account of any kind, I cannot make any form of online purchase.
    play-card_coupons.png
    3521130.jpg
  • I buy stuff all the time. I compare everything to a day at the movies, and every dollar I spend on this game gets me a lot more entertainment than the Wolf of Wall Street did.