Iron Fist in Prodigal Sun

Options

Comments

• rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    You can call me names but these changes have me worried big time (though probally overthinking it)

Why am i worried.

first they move from an 8 hour refresh down to a 3 hour (i will admit i like the 8 hour more and more and dont want to go back so dont say im saying GO BACK TO 3 HOUR

But this move

What will be the point of playing the PVE once you earn the token and you get all of the rewards they are handing out (What is about 50% of the time in the event most grinders make it up to) Meaning if an event is 6 days long many have all of the rewards by day 3. If these same people have the tokens how many are going to keep grinding just for another cover

what has me worried is maybe they can no longer afford the bandwith needed for all of the people on at the same time and doing this to cut down on their cost ? Then again probally over thinking it.

I know the chance of pulling a token is like .07% but guess that would give me a massive 3 day break once i win everything so everything is good, as long its not They are hurting for cash

I'd totally keep playing for another cover of a new release I want until I have the 13 covers I want for them. It makes that player more exciting to get because they may be useful quicker. Also, there's iso and tokens for playing, so that's some decent motivation to keep playing.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So no "pick your event time" on Prodigal or God of Lies. Bug or another new feature?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So no "pick your event time" on Prodigal or God of Lies. Bug or another new feature?

Was just going to comment on that.
  • Scoregasms
    Options
    No end time selection, no preview of rewards, what is this trickery?! Have we gone back in time perhaps? If this is back to 3 hour refreshes, I may go cry in the corner... And then grind like a madman.
  • Scoregasms wrote:
    No end time selection, no preview of rewards, what is this trickery?!
    Trickery, eh? With a Loki event on deck? Coincidence? I think not!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Scoregasms wrote:
    No end time selection, no preview of rewards, what is this trickery?! Have we gone back in time perhaps? If this is back to 3 hour refreshes, I may go cry in the corner... And then grind like a madman.

IceIX has already said that it's 8 hr refreshes. Stop freaking out. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24246&p=302591#p302591
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is a nice change, thanks:

1. More chances at covers.
    2. Possibility of easing pressure off competing by drawing that all-important 1st cover of the new character.
    3. Possibility of having more-than-the-minimum covers for new character in the PvE/PvP that immediately follow, when they are mandatory.
  • john1620b
    Options
    Scoregasms wrote:
    Previous events have been like this as well. The countdown timer is to when the event first opens. After that, you can view rewards, and pick your time slice. No need to worry.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Iron Fist is good enough that I don't just want one of his covers so I can do essentials, I want 13 so I can pair him with X-Force and wreck stuff forever. So no matter how much token luck I have I'm going to keep grinding.

Is there a link to Iron Fist's powers/colors, etc? I checked the forums and Facebook page but didn't see anything.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Is there a link to Iron Fist's powers/colors, etc? I checked the forums and Facebook page but didn't see anything.
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24256

Your search-fu is weak. It must be hardened like unto a thing of iron. There you go!
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

Your search-fu is weak. It must be hardened like unto a thing of iron. There you go!

Very nice! Thanks icon_e_smile.gif
  • spydoorman
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

BURN!

Like molten heart of Shou_lou, ... Yeaah I don't know where to go from here.
  • I'm excited about this toon he is going to be a top tier, but we need more villains!!!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With IF's power, this looks like it'll be the grindiest grind that ever ground a grind for top 10.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    anyone know how the subs line up 24 hour 36 hour ect ect ect
  • too many new characters too soon, slow it down.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    .7% seems very low, considering the other features 3* chars. Would really be so bad for many of us to get iron fists on our token draws? Going a step further, why not AT LEAST increase the probability of an Iron Fist draw with 10 and 42 pack purchases.

This fixed nothing.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    aflynn wrote:
    too many new characters too soon, slow it down.

they said a while back one every 2 weeks so dont expect them to slow down anytime soon

Yes it will be very bad if the feature person was very EASY to get. What would the point of even playing the PVE if you have a major chance in drawing it from a pack
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    This fixed nothing.
    Nothing was broken.
    slidecage wrote:
    What will be the point of playing the PVE once you earn the token and you get all of the rewards they are handing out
    Okay Debbie Downer, if you get lucky enough to win an IF cover, feel free to then take a break from the PvE if you feel so inclined.

(Does it really not occur to you why someone would want more IF covers? Really? Just like, think about it.)
  • Grantilis
    Options
    I like the idea of being able to get covers of the character in the event you win him. If only the tokens were more friendly icon_e_smile.gif