Dead pool daily benefits vets more than anything

Options

Comments

• iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    Options
    Update took me three tries total to win. Obw Mnmags storm to win.. Guess I was on vent mode earlier
  • Unknown
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am not trying to agree with OP, but that last wave did took me by surprise and Panther used those 30 black he get from the generator at previous wave to completely destroy my team. I considered it a very **** move. Then I sat down and came up with a strategy, and beat this node on a second try. I don't know if any "vets" was taken by surprise, but it's possible. Survival nodes are harder because you don't know what are you facing. But once you know what's coming to you, it's the matter of playing smart, not bruteforcing the node with 4* team.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ares + OBW + C Storm have worked out great for me. I just wish OBW would tank blue instead of Storm, (all 3 characters at lvl 94). Only color not covered is black. With Ares red and Storms blue both being AoE is a big help. Save up the Ap and use them each multiple times in a single turn. Game over, I win !!! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    I am not trying to agree with OP, but that last wave did took me by surprise and Panther used those 30 black he get from the generator at previous wave to completely destroy my team. I considered it a very **** move. Then I sat down and came up with a stratagy, and beat this node on a second try. I don't know if any "vets" was taken by surprise, but it's possible. Survival nodes are harder because you don't know what are you facing. But once you know what's coming to you, it's the matter of playing smart, not bruteforcing the node with 4* team.

For this, I always try to end the node right before the last one with an ability or critical. That way, when the final wave begins I get the first turn. With all the Ap I get saved up, and 2 or even 3 AoE abilities, (depends on characters allowed), I can usually end the final way in one turn. Or at least stun the enemy long enough to finish it. (I try to use stun or AoE TUs and save them for the final wave)
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am not trying to agree with OP, but that last wave did took me by surprise and Panther used those 30 black he get from the generator at previous wave to completely destroy my team. I considered it a very **** move. Then I sat down and came up with a stratagy, and beat this node on a second try. I don't know if any "vets" was taken by surprise, but it's possible. Survival nodes are harder because you don't know what are you facing. But once you know what's coming to you, it's the matter of playing smart, not bruteforcing the node with 4* team.

Have to keep in mind that these sequences are designed. It was posted above that the Don was harmless. No, he's there to feed AP to the following wave. You can be sure that each goon is placed specifically to feed a character either in the wave or following. Steal all the AP you can and/or let the goon waste it placing CD tiles .. and have a plan for stalling / destroying them.

It's a surprise the first time, but it should be one of those things where it's "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me". Since we've had these dailies for a while, the structure of the survival nodes never changes: it's always goons followed by guys followed by goons followed by guys. As a result, you can always plan ahead and just hoard AP during goon waves to unload and OHKO the guy waves. Once you pay the death tax once and realize this, you should always be able to play around it and not have an issue in the future.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's a surprise the first time, but it should be one of those things where it's "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me". Since we've had these dailies for a while, the structure of the survival nodes never changes: it's always goons followed by guys followed by goons followed by guys. As a result, you can always plan ahead and just hoard AP during goon waves to unload and OHKO the guy waves. Once you pay the death tax once and realize this, you should always be able to play around it and not have an issue in the future.

Exactly. I'd also like to add that you should ALWAYS be able to collect purples while the goons are on the board, and use that to steal their AP. The goons should be near empty by the time you're done killing them if you did it right.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the only way TC could have a poiny would be the issue that you can't get a cover unless you already have at least one cover for that character already.
    Aside from that, this is helping me patch in the cracks in my roster so far. Luke Cage and Grocket yellows were very nice.

Anyone else noticed all but one of the covers so far has been yellow? and I imagine that was because the non-yellow cover was from a character with no yellow ability.
  • That last node was a ****. Thankfully, I had lcap, and obw. They literally destroy pve. It was actually ridiculous how cap had like 10 protect tiles on the board and I was able to one shot 4hor with 3 SSA's. It certainly helped with the strike tiles from grocket. I'm a 2-3* transitioner as well. I don't know if it's a little easier for me because I have a really high lcap and my grocket is 104 but I can say that it is helping me greatly. I started the week with not a single cmags cover. Now I have three.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Ares + OBW + C Storm have worked out great for me. I just wish OBW would tank blue instead of Storm, (all 3 characters at lvl 94).
    oBW should tank blue over cStorm if you place oBW on the left and cStorm on the right. MMN has the blue strength higher than both of them, though.

PS: got 0 usable covers so far from the DPDQ, and I pulled at least 2 Black Panther covers from the tacos, too. I still adore it for the things it does for transitioners.
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Options
    Yeah the DPD benefits the 2-3* transition people more than us vets. The only cover I've used so far has been yellow Groot as a respec. Yeah, the approx 5k iso is awesome and very helpful but the cover is worth 1250 HP (if you need it) so even from an economic pov the 2-3*s benefit more. Yes it's a struggle but if it were too easy then people would complain about that. This is an opportunity to get 7 3*s a week instead of grinding PvE for a week or hammering down on PvP. For those that are struggling create a thread asking for help. The community will come to your aid.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This almost caught me too icon_lol.gif I wasn't really paying close attention and finished the wave before and bam there's BP whacking me in the face - if it wasn't for Storm's Yellow popping off three times in a row, I would have lost for sure, but it did, so a simple Wind Storm ended the node.

That being said, so far, the best team for me on the 3* Survival Node has been 2* Hawkeye/2* Mags/2* Storm. Hawkeye's Red is good for clearing goons in a timely manner (something like 1400 damage to the entire enemy team), Speed Shot is freaking amazing at tearing through everything, and the good old Mags/Storm combo is as amazing as always. I haven't lost yet and I haven't used any Team-Ups or Boosts. Ironically, the only one I've lost to yet is the 1* node and that was today (and because I only have an undercovered, underleveled Black Widow lol).
  • Just responding to OP....

DDQ is basically ISO for me (a vet) cause I don't need any of the covers. It might as well be a couple of lightning rounds (although I enjoy it more than doing a LR).

I think it's well pitched to benefit ppl trying to improve their part built and useless 3*s and it benefits those people FAR more than me.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Ares + OBW + C Storm have worked out great for me. I just wish OBW would tank blue instead of Storm, (all 3 characters at lvl 94).
    oBW should tank blue over cStorm if you place oBW on the left and cStorm on the right. MMN has the blue strength higher than both of them, though.

icon_lol.gif I always forget that part about positions. Usually I always put them in the same positions, no matter who is on the team. This keeps me from hitting the wrong ability. Like with C Storm and MNMags. I used to be bad about hitting Mags blue instead Storms. But if I always put Mags on the left and Storm on the right, then their abilities in the game will always be in the same order. Or if I'm using Patch and Steve Rogers. Patch goes on the left and Steve goes in the right. This way I don't hit Patch's red instead of Caps. I guess I just got so used to that method that I forgot all about position making a difference in tanking order. icon_e_wink.gif . Maybe I need to rework my line ups, huh?
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I guess all relevant has been said.

I am a transitioner as well. The node I finished even though I forgot that R&G is not essential for that fight. And my R&G suck as I have only like 3 covers. It's all about taking care of goons countdowns and hoarding AP for the waves with actual heroes/villains on them. The hoarded AP should allow you to down one or stun more than one in the first turn granted. If you enter those waves without enough AP, you are doing something terribly wrong...

And trust me, 2* team can do very good in those survivals. Some 2* are even better than some 3* in survivals (like OBW in example).

If you are failing to beat those nodes, try combining Daken, OBW and Thor. If you don't have them maxed you are not a transitioning 2* player....
  • Alkyoneus wrote:
    Was gonna hop in and disagree with OP but everyone seems to have done a good job of this already. I took 2* Thor, Storm, Magneto and breezed through the entire survival node. Once I got the Polarity Shift + Windstorm engine going, it basically became an unlimited generator with Thor feeding Green to Storm to create cascades to refill everyone. I wiped out the entire final waves without a single board move. These DP dailies are easy if you have well-balanced 2* heroes.

This, but throw in Thor sometimes saving the green for himself for some Call the Storm hurting.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you cannot beat it then you simply aren't ready for 3* land yet. I have beat every Survival with level 94 Daken, Ares and OBW. Although it is still extremely difficult, you can beat it with a max 2* roster. You have to build up AP during goon waves then on the next wave, let everything off! For me, I use Ares' yellow 3-times, then his red 3-times, then I have OBW heal him back to full health, if anyone is still standing I either use Ares' green or Daken blue. It has worked like a charm every time! Try it! icon_lol.gif
  • I'll repeat what I said elsewhere. This new feature seems meant to supplement the stage of the game players are currently at. It is not a magic elixir. So, if you are at the 1* or 2* stage, it will assist you with that stage, but not provide significant help in skipping it to go to the transition process. If you are in the transition stage, it's going to help you build on what you already have and as you go along in the transition process there will be fewer and fewer times get you get locked out of an event.

For 4* transition, it's non-competitive, it's iso, it's a chance at more hp, the things needed to at that stage of the game.
  • I don't know if I am a"vet" or not (300 days or so) but quite frankly, ddq hasn't really helped me at all. I don't need any of the covers so far except for the groot, so really, it helps others out in closing the gap with me, they have gotten 1-5 covers that they may not have otherwise gotten through pvp and now upgraded their rosters. So no, I don't agree with you at all.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I seriously have trouble picturing anyone having a hard time with any nodes in DDE. Maybe transitioners of 1* to 2*? If you cannot beat them with a 2* team, I really don't know what to tell you.
  • I don't know if I am a"vet" or not (300 days or so) but quite frankly, ddq hasn't really helped me at all. I don't need any of the covers so far except for the groot, so really, it helps others out in closing the gap with me, they have gotten 1-5 covers that they may not have otherwise gotten through pvp and now upgraded their rosters. So no, I don't agree with you at all.

I am a vet and the ISO is always helpful.

So far I have only been able to use 3 of the covers. but I will not say no to 500 easy iso. Your level of easy may vary.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    Hurray, another thread complaining vets benefit from something - how original.

You can completed the majority of DPD with a 1 and 2 star roster. You get heaps of iso, and higher drop rate tokens, and if you happen to have 1 cover of a featured charecter, you can get a garunteed additional cover for them.

How much more do you need spoon fed to you before the complaining stops? FYI - a lot of the feature covers vets don't want or need.