Dead pool daily benefits vets more than anything

Options
iLL619
iLL619 Posts: 170
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
OK before y'all flame I like DPD. I do.. I'm a 2*-3* transition player. I love the taco tokens (which are usually **** 2* I don't need) and the iso you can earn. Today's groot reward seems crazy. I think if you're a vet with a stacked roster you can breeze through it, but my roster or someone in situation with weaker roster won't win this 3* reward. The vets get stronger as the already are and everyone else gets stuck with holes with their covers..

On a side note I almost pulled off greatest comeback trying the dpd. My first try before hearing who was in DPD I used patch obw and mags not cmags. Lost patch in first wave :/ but made it to wave 4 with obw and mags only to find 4hor bp and sentry?!?!!! Really?! Comeback over.. Impressive to make it to 4th wave

Anyways I think DPD is good but vets bennifit more than lower rosters IMO.. Just my opinion don't be a **** and flame vets..

I thought the point was to win 3* covers and let transitioners get better..

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't gotten any covers I need yet, so I'm not sure how this is benefiting me more than you.

Maybe you should go visit the thread where people are saying how they can beat the last node with 2*'s
  • OneenO
    OneenO Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Dont really see how it benefits vets more than anyone else. Sure vets can clear it with ease but vets need iso more than newbs. This helps newbs get covers they need and iso. I think its a win-win for everyone.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    No, this benefits TRANSITIONERS. In other words, if you have a decent sized roster leveled up appropriately, you can benefit from them. Until then, you need to do well in pve or pvp. Its a supplement, not a replacement.
  • thanos8587
    Options
    im a 2-3* transitioner as well and i can see that true vets want 4*s, not 3s. they may pick up a needed cover here or there, maybe a respec, but most are going to scrap every 3* they get for iso. thats waht makes them vets, and thats kind of why they can breeze through. the dpq wall is the same height for everyone. the ones that can jump it easiest cant use the prize, the ones that struggle need it the most and the ones that really struggle and maybe fail, arent ready yet.

and this days final wave 4 is BRUTAL. i had one guy left alive with like 500 hp. i hope you get it, gl. there is certainly some luck involved.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I really don't agree. Everyone benefits from it, but "transitioners" benefit the most, which was impressively on point for Demiurge. I see many large Rosters with 30 or so characters with less than half the covers available for their 3* characters. I used to wonder what would motivate a player to spend money on Roster slots with so many characters sitting the bench.

Are these people the "Vets" that you are envious of? I'm a vet and I've only used one of the covers this week. I'm not benefiting as much as others and I'm cool with that. My brother on the other hand, quit 8 mo. ago, but has been able to earn all but Grocket (he has 0 covers), with his very spotty Roster. You've got all day to figure out how to beat that node. If you honestly can't beat it, then I'd work on your 2 star team.

Ask your Alliance mates to do a solid and send you their best team-ups. Try using the match boosts. Go into that node with every advantage you can get.
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    Options
    thanos8587 wrote:
    im a 2-3* transitioner as well and i can see that true vets want 4*s, not 3s. they may pick up a needed cover here or there, maybe a respec, but most are going to scrap every 3* they get for iso. thats waht makes them vets, and thats kind of why they can breeze through. the dpq wall is the same height for everyone. the ones that can jump it easiest cant use the prize, the ones that struggle need it the most and the ones that really struggle and maybe fail, arent ready yet.

and this days final wave 4 is BRUTAL. i had one guy left alive with like 500 hp. i hope you get it, gl. there is certainly some luck involved.
    Yea I hope I get it cuz my groot doesn't have yellow cover. It is challenging but 4 waves of crazy opposition damn smh lol. I do like DPD tho.. Just maybe 3 waves to win or shiet one round against 4hor bp sentry maybe
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since others have explained the faultiness in your logic, I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're venting because that last wave this daily was really hard: check out the strategies that people have given for survival nodes. Building up AP waves 1/3, killing the last guy in the wave with an ability, and then unloading your entire AP stock on the first turn of waves 2/4 to nuke down the characters instantly is the best strategy, and should give you a much easier time against those hard waves.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As a transitioner I can say that I've had no problem completing the Deadpool dailies. I've beaten all of them first try except the one for Luke Cage, that one was tough. Some of the wave nodes in the current PvE are harder than the DPD wave node.
  • Also have to attest that, as a transitioner, I haven't missed a reward in DPD yet, even when I only use my 2* team. Storm/Magneto/Hawkeye should be able to take out those survival nodes if you boost them.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've cleared the entire thing to win cmags, cage, and R&G covers this week with lvl 70 cstorm, lvl 70 mn thor, and lvl 33 obw on a second account. None are max covered, so these are very attainable. You might just want to look at your strategy.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Here's my 2* team (Storm, Bullseye, and mnMags) about to enter the final wave with 30 AP bluetile.png and greentile.png and near full health. I used no boosts or Team-ups.

The best part was killing the Hulk with Murderous Aim. I'm not saying that I'm an MPQ god, but if I see three gem thingys next to each other: I will match them. I actually screwed up and downed the last goon with a match. Black Panther jumped in with Rage of the Panther and the resulting Tempest practically ended their entire team. One Wind Storm ended the match.

It can be done.
    image.jpg
  • iLL619 wrote:
    OK before y'all flame I like DPD. I do.. I'm a 2*-3* transition player. I love the taco tokens (which are usually tinykitty 2* I don't need) and the iso you can earn. Today's groot reward seems crazy. I think if you're a vet with a stacked roster you can breeze through it, but my roster or someone in situation with weaker roster won't win this 3* reward. The vets get stronger as the already are and everyone else gets stuck with holes with their covers..

On a side note I almost pulled off greatest comeback trying the dpd. My first try before hearing who was in DPD I used patch obw and mags not cmags. Lost patch in first wave :/ but made it to wave 4 with obw and mags only to find 4hor bp and sentry?!?!!! Really?! Comeback over.. Impressive to make it to 4th wave

Anyways I think DPD is good but vets bennifit more than lower rosters IMO.. Just my opinion don't be a **** and flame vets..

I thought the point was to win 3* covers and let transitioners get better..

The final wave with 4 Thor and Black Panther would be difficult for people without 2* Original Black Widow, 2* Storm, and 2* Magneto. I am a transitioner that hasn't jettisoned my 2*s yet and I benefit greatly by having these three specifically. With Survival Modes you need to make sure you run at least two of these three and always end each wave with a power to ensure the next wave can't act first. Each DDQ I have used these three characters for each survival mode and they do better than any combination of three stars I have for survival. Make sure you attempt to figure out the puzzles and synergies before complaining as it hurts others views of the game unnecessarily. My alliance mates that are vets don't think the DDQ is all that good for them other than ISO which everyone has access to if they have a developed 2* roster with lots of 3*s that are useless for PVP, the designer's target audience. If you have been playing for 6 months like myself, you more than likely are at this position. People who have only been playing for 2 or 3 months probably can only get a taco, but that will be exciting to them at their stage. Vets literally just want as much ISO as possible and are excited to get Hero Points from tacos.
  • So far for me it's been 4500 iso8.png a day as I already have all of those characters completely covered. I'm quite ok with that. It's the ISO I'd earn grinding really hard through a LR, in the time it would take just to do the seeds. If there ever is a cover I need from it (right now limited to icon_cyclops.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png as the only 3* that I don't have fully covered), that's great, but until then, it's just a nice chunk of ISO each day, and a reminder to earn some icon_deadpool.png points.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gotta disagree with OP.

My sister is well and truly in the transitioning stage; she's got a roster of pretty much all the 2*s, with 4 or so 3*s around the 90-100 level, and she's managing just fine. If you don't have a nice well-rounded bunch of maxed 2*s, you shouldn't be trying to transition anyway.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My highest 3 star.png is at 78. I've been beating them pretty easily with maxed 2 star.png s

Today I used Thor, obw and storm. Obw got wiped in round 1, so I just retreated and came back an hour later.

My eyes got big when I saw the round 4 chars, but I was stacked, they didn't even get one match or power off.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It benefits lower level players much more than higher level ones. I'm just starting the 4* game, and DPD has given me two covers I could use in five days, and a level and a half of ISO for my 4hor. I'm not complaining, I like the extra ISO, anything is good, and I would play regardless. But there is way more for the 2-3* transitioner to get.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm sorry OP, but you are wrong. This event benefits those of us who have put in a significant amount of time and effort, but are not quite vets yet, but rather, transitioners. I am a 200+ day player, and I certainly am no vet. I do, however, have a team of 50 or so, roughly 30 3*s that I have painstaikingly collected, but have never been able to find certain covers for (daken purple eluded me, and since his vault, I have no way to get it). This event benefits me, and many others in my position. Once you get to this point in your game, I hope it benefits you too. For now, the event is going to get you as far as you should be going. If you have a solid 2* team, I see no reason why you can't beat all the nodes. I do most of them, with the exception of the final node, with MNMags and Storm, and whoever else 2* is available, as I tend to save the life of my 3* for PVP and PVE and hate using health packs. It's definitely possible.
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Was gonna hop in and disagree with OP but everyone seems to have done a good job of this already. I took 2* Thor, Storm, Magneto and breezed through the entire survival node. Once I got the Polarity Shift + Windstorm engine going, it basically became an unlimited generator with Thor feeding Green to Storm to create cascades to refill everyone. I wiped out the entire final waves without a single board move. These DP dailies are easy if you have well-balanced 2* heroes.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Alkyoneus wrote:
    These DP dailies are easy if you have well-balanced 2* heroes.
    This.

The DPDQ is the best thing D3 has done since the Gauntlet. It promotes roster diversity and helps 2*->3* transitioners more than anyone else as it's cheaper to level a 2* than a 3*.

Max your 2*s (OBW, Thor, Ares, CStorm, MNMags, MHawkeye - in that order) and I bet you will have a much better time and be better off in the future for Heroic PVEs and the like.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My big issue with these DPDs right now is that I'm looking too forward to 11 PM or whenever this feature opens! I race through it and then have to wait another 23 hours! icon_e_smile.gif Much more fun than the daily drops.