Don't really feel like playing until thor/wolv get nerfed

Options
13»

Comments

• I'm tired of Wolverine the most. Between him ( all 3 versions ) and Daken. I'm sick of them. NERFING NEVER SOLVES THE PROBLEM. See where that got ragnok? Useless. I don't even see him anymore.
  • I don't have any motivation to play because I don't want to level anything up until all the nerfs and buffs shake out. Even though I can still horde ISO and HP for the time being, that doesn't provide motivation to play. I get my daily reward and put in a little time if I'm bored, but that's it. It's also discouraging to see Rag at the top of my list because I maxed him out first. My BWGS is the only one higher than him followed by my Thor, c. Storm and Spiderman, which isn't worth leveling up right now.

I totally agree with Toxicadam about the buff system. I'd like to see buffs give 1 level to each ability and fifteen or so levels overall. You get to see your guy act better than he was, but he not crazy overpowered. Of course, this would put some over the max level, which I think would be interesting. For the abilities already at 5, they should be cheaper or something. Obviously, not a perfect plan because of passives, Wolverine, and Spiderman, but something along these lines would be a better buff.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    "Funbalanced" pop up in the client is warning the casual players that Thor/Wolverine are getting the Nerf bat.
  • Buffing is okay for certain characters, i.e. low health low damage characters, but Thor, Ares, Rags, etc. It's definitely a bit over the top.
  • abuelo wrote:
    They should buff everyone else, not nerf them IMHO.

It's exactly the same result

Balance-wise... maybe.
    Gameplay and fun wise... hell no.
  • That's how buffing SHOULD have been used. It should have been used to nudge players into using under-utilized or 'broken' characters.

Want more variety in teams? Give Magneto NOW, Modern Hawkeye and Bullseye a universal buff across all tournaments.

Want to temporarily fix characters that are not optimal or too weak? Give X-force Wolvy and IW a slight boost across all tournaments in order to make them feel like 4 star characters.
  • Even on R&R with Ares randomly killing people who are not him, it's still quite possible to pop down enough strike tiles to hit the 1K range on normal matches. The AI doesn't try to hoard red so they're not as effective at using the same strategy. You'd obviously horde red while putting down your strike tiles, and since Thor/Ares need red anyway this doesn't require any deviation from your usual strategy. Feral Claws is also less sensitive to bad boards. A lot of the time you get a board where you're just not going to easily hit the threshold of r/g/y for their normal moves, but you might be able to drop 2 strike tiles for 178 damage, and that allows you to make use of your weak colors while you're waiting for the board for fix itself.

On a note on OBW, because the AI will try to match blue/purple/black which is likely not used by the rest of her team (especially if the rest of team is from Thor/Ares/Wolverine), you only have to deny enough so she can't get Aggressive Recon, and as soon as she dies all that black/purple/blue AP is completely wasted. You might have to make a few non optimal moves but as long as OBW doesn't get Aggressive Recon off, all her matches are negative for her team (the damage she does is not close to making up sitting on 3 color of dead AP).
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The thing is, what is OP on these guys? Wolverine I find more of an annoyance than anything else, he's pretty easy to deal with, I agree his Green is a bit undercosted for what it does. I would rather see a damage nerf from the green but keep the rest the same on him. Thor is a bit more problematic. To me Thor's skills are perfect, Red, leading to yellow leading to Green, but the problem is that Green is so terrible compared to the other's it really messes with the flow of the character. I would like to see everthing remain the same on him, except switch the damage from Yellow into Green. I would have Red do less damage so the AP cost can remain, yellow shoudl become what Green is currently, where you do more damage to one target and slightly less to the others, and Green should be mega damage to all of them. It just makes sense to do it this way since all his skills lead to the creation of Green. In addition, it would also single handly kill the Thorverine combo since you would want to save your green not blow it all on Wolvie

because yellow and red are so good you don't need Green, this is his problem. Red should be small damage/yellow tile generator, yellow shoudld be average damage to single target, small damage to rest of team/green tile creator, Green should be massive damage to all
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    The thing is, what is OP on these guys? Wolverine I find more of an annoyance than anything else, he's pretty easy to deal with, I agree his Green is a bit undercosted for what it does. I would rather see a damage nerf from the green but keep the rest the same on him. Thor is a bit more problematic. To me Thor's skills are perfect, Red, leading to yellow leading to Green, but the problem is that Green is so terrible compared to the other's it really messes with the flow of the character. I would like to see everthing remain the same on him, except switch the damage from Yellow into Green. I would have Red do less damage so the AP cost can remain, yellow shoudl become what Green is currently, where you do more damage to one target and slightly less to the others, and Green should be mega damage to all of them. It just makes sense to do it this way since all his skills lead to the creation of Green. In addition, it would also single handly kill the Thorverine combo since you would want to save your green not blow it all on Wolvie

because yellow and red are so good you don't need Green, this is his problem. Red should be small damage/yellow tile generator, yellow shoudld be average damage to single target, small damage to rest of team/green tile creator, Green should be massive damage to all
    Right now it is:

Focus on Red/Yellow/Green matches, and maybe Jungle.

Fire one or two Wolverine Greens to boost your basic match damage.

Once you get to 12 Red or so, unleash Wolverine greens to fill the board as much as you can. Fire Thor's yellow if you have enough AP. Deal massive damage (boosted further by Strike tiles) and possibly deal even more damage if any free Green matches are made.

If more red tiles drop after the Green cascades, fill them with Strike tiles.

Unleash Thor's Red, with Wolverine again boosting the damage on both the initial attack and any subsequent Yellow matches.

Possibly fire Thor's Yellow off again.

At this point, the entire enemy team should be dead or close to it. Meanwhile, you've barely taken any damage because the enemy team has been Stunned by Spidey for most of the match. Maybe heal up instead of firing that second Thor Yellow so you can start the next match at full health.
  • Bcorm
    Bcorm Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think the main reason you see Thor and Wolverine so much is that they're the first two star characters you can acquire 13 covers for other than Classic Storm and until a newer player learns about the use of passive abilities they are the most appealing. Since other decent two stars only appear randomly through tokens at the start they're the first two leveled up. Therefore people are used to them and they become the "go to" team. It looks like they were designed to introduce people to the game past one star characters. They are easy to use and their powers have a low AP cost. Unfortunately they can be OP, especially when buffed. The Rag nerf was a little extreme. His Thunderclap for 2 AP should have been for a 4 star character maxed out. If you can win enough to max a 4 star you deserve something like the 2 AP Thunderclap. The amount of Iso and HP needed to get to that level really deserves it.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    One thing I don't like in Thor is that the character is the definition of lack of inspiration. I assume it didn't take long to design him. Maybe an afternoon's work. All three abilities deal damage and the first 2 add tiles. That's it. Awesome... and boring. I would like to see some variety when it comes to abilities of heroes that can go to 13/15. If they can't come up with something interesting, then perhaps they should make more characters with only 2 abilities.

One of his most significant strengths is that it is very difficult to deny him AP and to stop him from hurting you since all his abilities deal damage. With his red being cheap and his yellow being absolutely reasonable for what it does it is hard to escape an encounter unscathed. Adding to this that the yellow ability is actually cheaper than it seems at first glance as it is very common to gain free AP from the use of his red, and he is amazing. Maybe more than he should be for a 2*.

I agree with some who mentioned the extreme buffs some characters receive in tournaments. The first time I realized this was the Ares tournament since he was the first of my characters that was high enough and received such a huge bonus overshadowing everyone else. Not sure if this was their intention, but for me this was a fail. I experienced it in DC as well, although now I am on the receiving end since I don't own a maxed Thor while it seems most others do.
    It would make things more interesting if the bonus was limited to 50-100% with the higher for weaker characters, or as some others mentioned, instead of a buff to every stat, they could receive a +1 to covers. Not sure how this would work for maxed characters, but it would offer a chance to people who have not maxed their heroes to compete on equal terms with the stronger teams.
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    More or less the Dev team to better control the characters They CHOOSE to give us. 2 months down the road they'll say Hulk and Ares are getting nerfed because the tournaments gave too many away and noobs are having a bad time because they "french fry" when they should "pizza." Again what it comes does to, as it's been said MANY times, fix the PVP. "NO HOLDS BARRED" will be changed to "HOLD BARRED" - You didn't want it. You didn't ask for it. Here you go.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    I'm curious to see what the reaction will be when the expected nerfs for Thor/Wolverine hit, and whether some of those who thought the Ragnarok reaction was over the top change their tune somewhat! Pretty much every battle these days seems to involve both of those, one decent cascade for them and it's havoc time lol.

Lol I agree! It makes zero sense for 2* Thor and wolverine to be better at dealing damage than a 3*. This is long overdue and I think people will actually be more upset about this then the rags nerf. IMO, people have no right to be upset about them nerfing 2* characters. They are so easy to acquire and take very little ISO to max compared to 3*s. With that being said I think there is going to be a lot of "I'm quitting this tiny kitty game!"