Don't really feel like playing until thor/wolv get nerfed

Options
MarcusGraves
MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
anyone else feel this way? im aware they are on the list and the nerfs are coming but I'm already really tired of every team I have to fight be some variant of thor, wolv and OBW, feels like i'm walking on glass all the time between 2 characters that have 2225 damage nukes of almost the same cost and both take a lot to bring down between 5K+ hp thor and 189 heal per turn wolv. they just whip out so much damage and its tiring fighting them over and over, I want at least other 2 star characters to be more viable and mix up the damn teams I see instead of thor/wolv dominating everything.

Comments

• I still play, but I'm certain pretty tired of seeing their faces too.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In terms of 2*s, OBW is perhaps even more annoying
  • MarcusGraves
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I still play, but I'm certain pretty tired of seeing their faces too.

yeah im not trying to complain, I love the game but its gotten so stale with 2 of those 3 characters being in every team, i'm guilty of using them too but only because its bit hard to compete w/o doing so. I want more variety and strategy not just nuke , nuke, nuke, feral claw, more nuke.
  • Spoit wrote:

I don't really mind OBW. Her offense is only dangerous in conjunction with Wolverine and we all know Wolverine's strike tile is way overpowered. Now, that's not to say OBW hasn't made me paid dearly when I got sloppy, but I generally only have problem with OBW if I'm really slopping at defending purple and that's my own fault. Against Wolverine and Thor, you simply can't deny all their colors reliably. OBW is no doubt a powerful character, but I feel she only gives me trouble if I was careless and I can live with that, as opposed to a character who will give you problems no matter what you did.
  • Thorverine doesn't bother me. Nerfing is an endless cycle that leads to nowhere. I've been playing games too long, and nerfs only nerf the fun.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

I don't really mind OBW. Her offense is only dangerous in conjunction with Wolverine and we all know Wolverine's strike tile is way overpowered. Now, that's not to say OBW hasn't made me paid dearly when I got sloppy, but I generally only have problem with OBW if I'm really slopping at defending purple and that's my own fault. Against Wolverine and Thor, you simply can't deny all their colors reliably. OBW is no doubt a powerful character, but I feel she only gives me trouble if I was careless and I can live with that, as opposed to a character who will give you problems no matter what you did.
    I can't say I agree. You can usually actually use the red and green, so denying those isn't much of a problem, but if you're worried about watching the purples, not only are you usually not powering up your own abilities, you're doing anemic match damage as well. The only really good purple abilities are OBW's and magneto. Like half the covers with purples just have it as a passive
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    anyone else feel this way? im aware they are on the list and the nerfs are coming but I'm already really tired of every team I have to fight be some variant of thor, wolv and OBW, feels like i'm walking on glass all the time between 2 characters that have 2225 damage nukes of almost the same cost and both take a lot to bring down between 5K+ hp thor and 189 heal per turn wolv. they just whip out so much damage and its tiring fighting them over and over, I want at least other 2 star characters to be more viable and mix up the damn teams I see instead of thor/wolv dominating everything.

Yes it is weird for me also right now; the weirdest is when I have Thor and Ragnorak on a team (which I do now for Divine Champions as no others maxed), and I accidentally use click/almost-click on Thunderclap instead of Mjolnir's Might and it's all "stop getting in Thor's way, Ragnorak!" icon_lol.gif

Re: OBW
    I like her; I think she's more interesting than cheesy, because her passive requires that she make the matches herself and she's pretty squishy - of course she'll be more interesting when there's actually someone Blue/Black/Pink with a higher * rating whose not Black Widow again, so we have to actually pass up their power/toughness to give her those tile matches.
  • Wolverine's red skill won't go off, as long as Thor is alive. And it's not that hard to deny the red tiles and if you match'em, you can probably get rid of strike tiles as a bonus. Tbh, I like fighting them icon_e_biggrin.gif
    They will both get nerfed, there's no doubt about it, we'll let you know, when you are able to play again.
  • TheVulture wrote:

Yes it is weird for me also right now; the weirdest is when I have Thor and Ragnorak on a team (which I do now for Divine Champions as no others maxed), and I accidentally use click/almost-click on Thunderclap instead of Mjolnir's Might and it's all "stop getting in Thor's way, Ragnorak!" icon_lol.gif

Re: OBW
    I like her; I think she's more interesting than cheesy, because her passive requires that she make the matches herself and she's pretty squishy - of course she'll be more interesting when there's actually someone Blue/Black/Pink with a higher * rating whose not Black Widow again, so we have to actually pass up their power/toughness to give her those tile matches.

Someone who uses blue black and pink that's a higher star rating, that apparently doesn't exist, is doctor doom.
  • MarcusGraves
    Options
    Wolverine's red skill won't go off, as long as Thor is alive. And it's not that hard to deny the red tiles and if you match'em, you can probably get rid of strike tiles as a bonus. Tbh, I like fighting them icon_e_biggrin.gif
    They will both get nerfed, there's no doubt about it, we'll let you know, when you are able to play again.

I usually try to take out thor first because I will never have the resources ready to kill wolv who will soak up most match damage right away. I try to take every red match I can from them because it starts thor's chain of red into yellow but its impossible to get every last one, especially if AI gets one of those good 4 tile matches. on top of red though I have to watch out for letting thor get yellows or else i get slammed with a 2225 thunder strike and he makes greens for wolv, and if im not careful and let the AI snag too many greens then its match damage gets more intense from the strike tiles and feral claws does respectable damage when used over and over.

keeping track of all three gets slightly nerve racking.
  • If you play with your own OBW neither of the three is a problem (unless you get sloppy ofcuz). It is a finely balanced control character for the cunning people -- versatile in all ways and requires actual strategy and tactics to win, but then is pretty reliable. Too bad it sucks in AI's hand + being able to picked off.

Fighting thor is not hard but is kinda boring indeed. I expect ares entering the picture to make some more variability, and the nerf in title are surely coming.

However the nerf I'd issue first is not this but spiderman's blue. That is indeed gamebreaking all the way used with stockpiles.

Foe volverine I don't get why they didn't apply just +1 to green cost until figure out the final version, that creates a huge difference in play.
  • I too want to see Wolverine and Thor nerfed because it is extremely annoying playing against the same 2* team over and over and getting destroyed in 1 turn after the AI pulls a crazy cascade that makes all abilities accessible. However, since my Thor is still low level (4/5/1 - 21lv) and I won't throw any ISO on him before I see the changes, as a player who depends mostly on the Wolverine - OBW combo to make some progress, which I guess is the case for most new players, I can see the Wolverine nerf destroy my team. Considering this change will also be a hit to OBW, I wonder what my options will be the next day. Without them I don't see which 2* team could compete against better teams in tournaments.

Ares is lv60 so he may be next in line to step up, but I wonder if we will see the day when they will nerf him too because of a crazy combo they didn't spot prior to his release or because of an upcoming character. I hope they did some proper testing before they release him. Anyway, I am saving ISO until we see the changes and I hope we get these changes soon because the game is starting to feel very boring between not not being able to make some progress and fearing to level characters that are going to get nerfed.
  • I'm curious to see what the reaction will be when the expected nerfs for Thor/Wolverine hit, and whether some of those who thought the Ragnarok reaction was over the top change their tune somewhat! Pretty much every battle these days seems to involve both of those, one decent cascade for them and it's havoc time lol.
  • I like team with wolverine. He is too weak on defence.

Thor is way more annoying on the other hand. His ability seems to chain together.
    He has hp of a 3 star attack char and his red is too cheap to cast.
    His yellow do amazing damage along with possibility of cascades.
    I feel he should be a 3* instead.
  • xinyucao wrote:
    I like team with wolverine. He is too weak on defence.

Thor is way more annoying on the other hand. His ability seems to chain together.
    He has hp of a 3 star attack char and his red is too cheap to cast.
    His yellow do amazing damage along with possibility of cascades.
    I feel he should be a 3* instead.

Power of a 3* but commonly available to all in the game as a 2*. Not for much longer though it would seem - if the nerfs are severe, a much larger proportion of the player base are going to be affected than they were for the Ragnarok nerf.
  • I started late, so I don't have 13 covers of Thor yet.

I do have 13 covers of frank castle on the other hand.
    That's how common punisher is to me compare to the supposedly common thor.
  • You are vastly in the minority, I'd say!
  • xinyucao wrote:
    I started late, so I don't have 13 covers of Thor yet.

I do have 13 covers of frank castle on the other hand.
    That's how common punisher is to me compare to the supposedly common thor.

I started at end of Christmas and I have 5/3/2 Thor along 0/0/2 punisher. Concerning Thor you get 2/1/1 already from prologue (albeit that yellow is pain and took so long for me to get) and 14 days of playing. Punisher on other hand is more problematic if you do not have good tournament team.
  • I started in early November, started really playing at Thanksgiving, and I'm still short two covers for Thor (and was short three until about a week ago). Admittedly, I've probably gotten 8 yellows; I just never seem to get reds.
  • As for the OP, I'm a little baffled why it warrants a nerf so *you* can have more fun. If you're bored there's hundreds of thousands of other games out there if you're not enjoying this one. I think the dev team has been great at introducing new characters but I'm still pretty new to the game. Obviously lots of people find Thorverine fun and efficient or you wouldn't see them so much but I see lots of other teams too. Better would be to improve characters that are lacking than cripple the ones that are clearly great. Nerf should only be a very last resort when all other attempts at balancing have failed.