Deadpool's Daily Quest - 3-Star Reward Tracker

Options
Event info from announcement thread.
Hey All,

Miles from Demiurge here to shed some light on an upcoming new feature we’re especially excited about. Introducing Deadpool’s Daily Quest!

Q: What is it?
A: It’s a new story event that runs every day with rotating missions and prizes.

Q: Big deal, what’s so exciting about it?
A: It’s a new way to get 2-Star and 3-Star covers!

We've set up Deadpool’s Daily Quest to provide exciting rewards for players of every level. If you're a 1-Star or 2-Star player, it's a great place to buff up your roster of 2-Stars. And if you're making the transition from 2-Star to 3-Star, or even if you've just got 3-Stars that aren't maxed out, it's a great place to get 3-Star covers. And no matter who you are, it’s a great place to win some extra Iso-8.

Let's talk about how you get 3-Stars, though! There are lots of ways to earn one cover of a 3-Star easily (ok, RELATIVELY easily) but earning 12 more covers of that 3-Star is really hard! We designed this event to help players with that problem.

Every day there's a new string of missions that end in a long Survival mission. Finish that mission and you're guaranteed a 3-Star cover! To unlock it, you need to clear the first mission, which is an Essential Character mission pin. The 3-Star character required in that first mission is the same as the one you win by completing the Survival pin. This way players have a chance to earn more covers for the 3-Stars they already own, while still rewarding players who work hard to earn new 3-Star characters in other events.

Big Thank You to Kuroshiro for keeping a Google Doc (see second page for link) updated while I took a long break. But since people keep clicking here anyway, I'm using Kuroshiro's data to update and keep this thread going.

This thread is to track the 3-star cover awarded in Deadpool's Daily Quest each day:

Day 1 (2-18-15): Black Panther - Yellow
Day 2 (2-19-15): Magneto (Classic) - Yellow
Day 3 (2-20-15): Storm (Mohawk) - Green
Day 4 (2-21-15): Luke Cage - Yellow
Day 5 (2-22-15): Rocket & Groot - Yellow
Day 6 (2-23-15): Spider-Man - Yellow
Day 7 (2-24-15): Daredevil - Purple
Day 8 (2-25-15): She-Hulk - Blue
Day 9 (2-26-15): Deadpool - Red
Day 10 (2-27-15): Gamora - Green
Day 11 (2-28-15): Black Widow (Grey Suit) - Green
Day 12 (3-1-15): Loki - Black
Day 13 (3-2-15): Daken (Classic) - Purple
Day 14 (3-3-15): Squirrel Girl - Yellow
Day 15 (3-4-15): Doctor Doom - Black
Day 16 (3-5-15): Mystique - Purple
Day 17 (3-6-15): Hulk - Green
Day 18 (3-7-15): Falcon - Yellow
Day 19 (3-8-15): Psylocke - Red
Day 20 (3-9-15): Beast - Blue
Day 21 (3-10-15): Captain America (Steve Rogers) - Yellow
Day 22 (3-11-15): Sentry - Red
Day 23 (3-12-15): The Punisher - Black
Day 24 (3-13-15): Blade - Black
Day 25 (3-14-15): Patch - Green
Day 26 (3-15-15): Human Torch - Red
Day 27 (3-16-15): Colossus - Yellow
Day 28 (3-17-15): Cyclops - Red
Day 29 (3-18-15): The Hood - Yellow
Day 30 (3-19-15): Doctor Octopus - Blue
Day 31 (3-20-15): Thor (Modern) - Red
Day 32 (3-21-15): Captain Marvel (Modern) - Red
Day 33 (3-22-15): Iron Man (Model 40) - Red
Day 34 (3-23-15): Black Panther - Blue
Day 35 (3-24-15): Magneto (Classic) - Red
Day 36 (3-25-15): Storm (Mohawk) - Yellow
Day 37 (3-26-15): Luke Cage - Red
Day 38 (3-27-15): Rocket & Groot - Green
Day 39 (3-28-15): Spider-Man - Blue
Day 40 (3-29-15): Daredevil - Blue
Day 41 (3-30-15): She-Hulk - Green
Day 42 (3-31-15): Deadpool - Purple
Day 43 (4-1-15): Gamora - Red
Day 44 (4-2-15): Black Widow (Grey Suit) - Red
Day 45 (4-3-15): Loki - Purple
Day 46 (4-4-15): Daken - Black
Day 47 (4-5-15): Squirrel Girl - Purple
Day 48 (4-6-15): Doctor Doom - Blue
Day 49 (4-7-15): Mystique - Blue
Day 50 (4-8-15): The Hulk - Red

This is a list of the 3-Star Characters that are "featured" in the draw pool for Deadpool's Daily Taco Tokens (changes every 5 days):

Days 1-5: Black Panther, Luke Cage, Magneto (Classic), Rocket & Groot, Storm (Mohawk)
Days 6-10: Daredevil, Deadpool, Gamora, She-Hulk, Spider-Man.
Days 11-15: Black Widow (Grey Suit), Daken (Classic), Doctor Doom, Loki, Squirrel Girl.
Days 16-20: Beast, Hulk, Mystique, Falcon, Psylocke.
Days 21-25: Captain America (Steve Rogers), Blade, Sentry, The Punisher, Wolverine (Patch)
Days 26-30: Human Torch, Colossus, Cyclops, The hood, Doctor Octopus
Days 31-35: Thor, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Black Panther, Magneto
Days 36-40: Storm, Luke Cage, Rocket & Groot, Spider-Man, Daredevil
Days 41-45: She-Hulk, Deadpool, Gamora, Black Widow, Loki
Days 46-50: Daken, Squirrel Girl, Doctor Doom, Mystique, The Hulk

Added information from, and link to, original announcement thread.

Comments

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    great idea!!

One suggestion: as the days relate to specific dates (unlike the daily resupply, which is relative to individual player progress), why not list the date beside each Day as well?
  • Marc_Spector
    Options
    additionally, Demiurge_Will just clarified that that the so-called "featured" characters will now rotate every 5 days, not 7

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23713&start=240#p299974
  • Unknown
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Cool. Thank you for the suggestions/corrections. I will implement both right now.
  • Marc_Spector
    Options
    Looks great!! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Grantilis
    Options
    Awesome news and thanks for the tracker. This will help in getting an idea of who will be coming up.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Options
    Am I the only one with the feeling like the theme of the week is gonna be "Yellow?"
  • Am I the only one with the feeling like the theme of the week is gonna be "Yellow?"

It is the first power. Mohawk green power is up for grabs in quest #3
  • prash wrote:
    Am I the only one with the feeling like the theme of the week is gonna be "Yellow?"

It is the first power. Mohawk green power is up for grabs in quest #3

Man, PLEASE let that be the case. Rocket & Groot Yellow has been like my personal bigfoot.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ok, so there does seem to be a bit of a developing pattern here.

1) the covers are all starting with first covers (so Spider Man yellow today)
    2) the covers are for the characters featured in the taco tokens (Spidey, She Hulk, Gamora, Deadpool and Daredevil are it for the week)
    3) the characters will be mixed up (so we won't see first, second and third color for each character, but rather, first for all, then POSSIBLY second for all, then third for all - just a guess)...

Anything else I missed?
  • Not from firsthand experience, but people are reporting that taco tokens will always draw from the same character pool from the day/time they were awarded, even if saved until a later date. So you cannot save them up until a particular week in which there is a character you really like. Apparently, if you open a token from days 1-5 today (day 6), it will still go back to the 3-star characters from days 1-5. (Again, this is not firsthand experience, just what is being reported).
  • iamxzo
    iamxzo Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    so most probably in next 4 days we gonna have
    [in random order ]
    purpleflag.png daredevil
    redflag.png deadpoll
    greenflag.png gamora
    blueflag.png she-hulk
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not from firsthand experience, but people are reporting that taco tokens will always draw from the same character pool from the day/time they were awarded, even if saved until a later date. So you cannot save them up until a particular week in which there is a character you really like. Apparently, if you open a token from days 1-5 today (day 6), it will still go back to the 3-star characters from days 1-5. (Again, this is not firsthand experience, just what is being reported).

I can confirm that. I hoarded my Taco Tokens from the first rotation, and they appear under a separate, second DDQ token draw screen with BP/Cage/Mags/R&G/Mohawk as the 3*s, not Spidey and company from this current cycle. You can't save your Taco Tokens from one cycle to be used in the next.
  • Anyone else have a glitch yesterday where DDQ wouldn't award the total progression points to get the 2000 ISO reward? I think the issue was that you would complete the 1-star node but then wouldn't be awarded the 149 points, so in the end, you came up 149 short of the 2000 ISO. From the leaderboard, it looked like a lot of people had the same problem, but I haven't seen anyone else talking about it (-maybe just a LOT of people didn't complete the 1-star node?).
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone else have a glitch yesterday where DDQ wouldn't award the total progression points to get the 2000 ISO reward? I think the issue was that you would complete the 1-star node but then wouldn't be awarded the 149 points, so in the end, you came up 149 short of the 2000 ISO. From the leaderboard, it looked like a lot of people had the same problem, but I haven't seen anyone else talking about it (-maybe just a LOT of people didn't complete the 1-star node?).
    I think it is highly probable that many people don't have a single 1* character anymore. I am one of them for example so I'm always have 149points less.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    morph3us wrote:
    I can confirm that. I hoarded my Taco Tokens from the first rotation, and they appear under a separate, second DDQ token draw screen with BP/Cage/Mags/R&G/Mohawk as the 3*s, not Spidey and company from this current cycle. You can't save your Taco Tokens from one cycle to be used in the next.
    They might just have a few screens of rotation (someone mentioned that there's 3 total groups), so I'd anticipate tokens eventually rotating.
  • smoq84 wrote:
    Anyone else have a glitch yesterday where DDQ wouldn't award the total progression points to get the 2000 ISO reward? I think the issue was that you would complete the 1-star node but then wouldn't be awarded the 149 points, so in the end, you came up 149 short of the 2000 ISO. From the leaderboard, it looked like a lot of people had the same problem, but I haven't seen anyone else talking about it (-maybe just a LOT of people didn't complete the 1-star node?).
    I think it is highly probable that many people don't have a single 1* character anymore. I am one of them for example so I'm always have 149points less.

I was in the same boat, but lucked into getting the 250HP Taco and used it (with the other I had stored) to recruit a Juggs. I've slowly been building him up and now he can take on the 1+goons fairly reliably. I would have rather spent it one a 3* or 4*, but considering the ammount of extra ISO I'll be getting because of it, it's more that worth it. Especially with all the people I need to level now thanks to DDQ. And it doesn't hurt that he's good for the occasional BoP or Combined Arms PVP.
  • smoq84 wrote:

Yes, that probably doe explain many people on the leaderboard. BUT it doesn't explain my situation. I have still have 3 1-stars (Juggs, IM, and MBW), and I definitely cleared that node (-I have the screen short showing it was completed but yet still listed "full points" in the corner to be earned). Oh well, maybe I was the only one who had this problem. I submitted a ticket and am waiting to hear back.

Someone else suggested that if you are rebuilding a 1-Star for DDQ, the can probably just add and then use a higher-end team-up to wipe out the low level characters in that node.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Options
    Since the tokens don't carry over between weeks, it strongly hints that blocks are going to be kept together. Maybe organize the 5 day blocks in a spoiler tag Ex:

Block 1
    (2-18-15): Black Panther - Yellow
    (2-19-15): Magneto (Classic) - Yellow
    (2-20-15): Storm (Mohawk) - Green
    (2-21-15): Luke Cage - Yellow
    (2-22-15): Rocket & Groot - Yellow

Since we don't know how it's going to order itself the next time the block comes around.
  • ynglink wrote:
    Since the tokens don't carry over between weeks, it strongly hints that blocks are going to be kept together. Maybe organize the 5 day blocks in a spoiler tag Ex:

Block 1
    (2-18-15): Black Panther - Yellow
    (2-19-15): Magneto (Classic) - Yellow
    (2-20-15): Storm (Mohawk) - Green
    (2-21-15): Luke Cage - Yellow
    (2-22-15): Rocket & Groot - Yellow

Since we don't know how it's going to order itself the next time the block comes around.

Not a bad idea, but how about putting the cover color with the date, so next time this group comes around the template is ready for simple input.

Block 1
    (2-18-15 yellowflag.png): Black Panther
    (2-19-15 yellowflag.png): Magneto (Classic)
    (2-20-15 greenflag.png): Storm (Mohawk)
    (2-21-15 yellowflag.png): Luke Cage
    (2-22-15 yellowflag.png): Rocket & Groot
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This may be a glitch, but tokens do seem to eventually rotate. I had hoarded two tokens from block one into block two. So I had the 'stockpiled tokens' screen. I also hoarded all ten tokens from block two. So when block three started, I still had the stockpiled tokens screen. But it said ten tokens. And I had four tokens for the current block. (And it was only the first day) so it seems they rotate after a block.