Upcoming Patch Preview - R46

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
edited January 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Fairly light patch this time around. There are actually a TON of backend changes in this one that help out with future support but very little in the way of things that you all can actually *see* in terms of changes.

UI
    - Buffed characters are now shown to be so in Roster Management and in battle

Misc
    - Support for a new Tournament type has been implemented. Watch out for it coming soon! - Added support for the next PVE Episode.

Comments

• Exciting little tidbit. New tourney type.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hope new tournament type & PVE comes soon!

Getting a little bored with one event icon_e_smile.gif
  • Asynchronous play mode?

:crosses fingers:
  • IceIX
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Asynchronous play mode?

:crosses fingers:
    ::Pulls pin from pocket:: ::Edges towards Adam's bubble:: Sorry sir, it's for the best if we do it quickly.
  • Hopefully the new tourney type isn't pay to skip is it? icon_e_confused.gif
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ooh; new PvE event so soon! icon_cool.gif

New "tournament type" - is this something different to a new tournament theme like Divine Champions?
    Those don't tend to be announced...
    If so: exciting! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    Hopefully the new tourney type isn't pay to skip is it? icon_e_confused.gif
    Pay to skip isn't scheduled till R47, so no.
  • I feel like a battered child. Just seeing a patch that doesn't hit me in the face feels good. That said, I'd kinda rather just go under the knife now so we all KNOW what the nerfs/balances are. Also..baited breath on the 4**** wolvie changes. Can we get a HINT at least? So ppl don't have to build him "wrong" from what they want.

Hopefully a new tournement type has nothing to do with the currently awful PvP system. Please pop my hope bubble too if it is....
  • IceIX
    Options
    I feel like a battered child. Just seeing a patch that doesn't hit me in the face feels good. That said, I'd kinda rather just go under the knife now so we all KNOW what the nerfs/balances are. Also..baited breath on the 4**** wolvie changes. Can we get a HINT at least? So ppl don't have to build him "wrong" from what they want.

Hopefully a new tournement type has nothing to do with the currently awful PvP system. Please pop my hope bubble too if it is....
    Here's a pin. I got a whole pocket of them. That being said, the Tournament type has something interesting to it that is going to change the landscape of people playing that type, so it'll be an interesting one to see how it plays out the first couple times in any case.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Here's a pin. I got a whole pocket of them. That being said, the Tournament type has something interesting to it that is going to change the landscape of people playing that type, so it'll be an interesting one to see how it plays out the first couple times in any case.

oh no! bagman tourney!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There should really be some sort of persistent pve content that we can do on times like this where the only events are pvp (which doesnt make sense to start until the last day due to the way things work).
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    I feel like a battered child. Just seeing a patch that doesn't hit me in the face feels good. That said, I'd kinda rather just go under the knife now so we all KNOW what the nerfs/balances are. Also..baited breath on the 4**** wolvie changes. Can we get a HINT at least? So ppl don't have to build him "wrong" from what they want.

4* Wolvie changes tho

Do you know if healing will remain a countdown?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any info on shield prices? Doubled prices ruined Rage and Ruin round 2..
  • IceIX
    Options
    There should really be some sort of persistent pve content that we can do on times like this where the only events are pvp (which doesnt make sense to start until the last day due to the way things work).
    Not disagreeing, especially since I'm in the same position, but for most users that's the Prologue. The vast majority of our regular playing users haven't come close to finishing it.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Not disagreeing, especially since I'm in the same position, but for most users that's the Prologue. The vast majority of our regular playing users haven't come close to finishing it.

Wow I've been 100% rewards completely for longer than I can remember. Don't think it took more than a week or so.
  • IceIX wrote:

What do you consider 'finished'? For example, I have done all of the quests once but not got all of the rewards, so do I count?

I imagine there are a lot of players who have just accelerated beyond the point that the Prologue is vaguely useful for them. This doesn't mean they are anywhere near competing properly in tournaments (especially with your *ahem* "upgrades" to the PVP system) but also don't fancy seeing 20 ISO! 20 ISO! 20 ISO! every day for the rest of their lives.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:
    4* Wolvie changes tho

Commentary on his changes would be premature. We haven't finalized him yet. About the only hint I can give is to quote Harlan from Stargate: "You are, Better."
  • IceIX
    Options
    abuelo wrote:
    What do you consider 'finished'? For example, I have done all of the quests once but not got all of the rewards, so do I count?

I imagine there are a lot of players who have just accelerated beyond the point that the Prologue is vaguely useful for them. This doesn't mean they are anywhere near competing properly in tournaments (especially with your *ahem* "upgrades" to the PVP system) but also don't fancy seeing 20 ISO! 20 ISO! 20 ISO! every day for the rest of their lives.
    Most active players are slowly moving through the prologue and events with a wide variety of 1-2* characters, generally sitting around the end of Juggernaut or Venom's episode.
  • Any ETA on said new tournament?
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    4* Wolvie changes tho

Commentary on his changes would be premature. We haven't finalized him yet. About the only hint I can give is to quote Harlan from Stargate: "You are, Better."

But I've got him at 3 green and 5 red, with a fourth green in the cache! If I use the green and I like his new yellow, I can't max the yellow! No chance that I'd be able to rebuild a legendary.

All I can do is quote John Dorian from Scrubs: "There'd be banana hammocks everywhere!"

... didn't quite help hammer out my point but you get the picture