A couple upcoming changes to PvP events

Options

Comments

• Knock3r wrote:
    How about having a free skip limit (i.e. 15 skips) before you have to wait for it to refill? I would assume people would be more conservative with their skips with this approach too (hey, it works on me with Pandora music).

Great idea. Never played clash of clans so I cant compare how the similar feature works but guessing maybe 20 iso cost per skip?
  • Misguided wrote:
    *shakes his head*

Why not reward people and encourage them NOT to skip, instead of penalizing them for doing it?

I love you guys, but you insist on trying to punish people for playing the game in ways you don't want, rather than rewarding them for playing the way you want them to. Positive reinforcement is more effective than punishment.

@Misguided im so completely with you on this one. Had they added 70-100iso for no ship wins you'd see alot of people doing that more often.

as for the MMR changes? this SOO explains why i was getting so pissed because i was getting smacked around so often for 30+ pts compared to usual when making my push to 1200 about 20 mins ago
    >.<

Ended up saying tinykitty it and accepted that there is no way imma drop from top 15 even if the vultures screw me outta top 5 :p

• Great idea. Never played clash of clans so I cant compare how the similar feature works but guessing maybe 20 iso cost per skip?
    That's 3 skips before you're potentially in the red--no thanks. COC, you can skip more than a couple dozen before being in the red.
  • Not sure how to feel on this one. Higher ISO rewards from doing matches will be pretty great. I somewhat like the thought of encouraging players not to hammer the skip button. HOWEVER - I'd prefer if they'd rather reward people for not skipping. Consecutive match bonuses or something wouldn't be too far out of the question, and if you made it something long (like 20 matches to hit the cap), people would really stick around.. assuming it was something worthwhile, and not like a 10% iso boost at max. :T

• Great idea. Never played clash of clans so I cant compare how the similar feature works but guessing maybe 20 iso cost per skip?
    That's 3 skips before you're potentially in the red--no thanks. COC, you can skip more than a couple dozen before being in the red.

20 sounds fkn ridiculous. I was thinking 5 would be pretty steep.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, if the ISO rewards scaled, I might even suck it up and do some of the multitude of sub-10 point matches it always gets stuck giving me
  • Mrazy
    Mrazy Posts: 46
    Options
    I like this idea but people should have a few free skips before start charging them as soon as the event start, maybe give a set of skips on a daily basis, and/or allow the skips to be refilled as one rank victories.

Or create a new item like the shields that can cost HP and it grants free skips on a fixed amount of time, since you guys were talking about strategy, it would give a third use to hp on pvp.
    Most people save their hp for rooster space but folks in higher brackets dont really need more space unless new heroes are added, so they use their hp to shield themselves when at the top, and a item that allow free skips would be the counter for that type of strategy.
  • Perhaps make skipping free...but if you skip you get no or much less ISO on your next win.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Just to pop in for a moment, the skip cost is currently a trifle. That could always change depending on how things proceed, but the general idea is not to bleed players through this but to make them stop and think for a moment before whacking the Skip button again and again. If anyone has played Clash of Clans, think of the skip cost in those terms.

I think an escalating skip cost, first skip free, and fighting a match resetting the cost to 0 would be a better system than charging a negligible amount to skip repeatedly.

OR linking the skip cost to the number of points the match would be worth would be an alternate option.
  • Assuming Ares is indicative of what to expect, the top progression rewards can't be that high (2400). Did this change went in halfway of the Ares tournament? I can't imagine the guys with 2000+ got there so easily if they were always vulnerable to getting hit by people more than a thousand point below them. I know I was playing throughout and I certainly didn't start seeing guys who I'd normally not see until the last day.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Assuming Ares is indicative of what to expect, the top progression rewards can't be that high (2400). Did this change went in halfway of the Ares tournament? I can't imagine the guys with 2000+ got there so easily if they were always vulnerable to getting hit by people more than a thousand point below them. I know I was playing throughout and I certainly didn't start seeing guys who I'd normally not see until the last day.

I think it began 8-9 hours ago. I think 2 minutes after I shielded... icon_lol.gif
  • Phantron wrote:
    Assuming Ares is indicative of what to expect, the top progression rewards can't be that high (2400). Did this change went in halfway of the Ares tournament? I can't imagine the guys with 2000+ got there so easily if they were always vulnerable to getting hit by people more than a thousand point below them. I know I was playing throughout and I certainly didn't start seeing guys who I'd normally not see until the last day.

Im pretty sure it happened with todays update. Needless to say im completely not a fan of the change. got decimated by 50 pt losses right as i was abou tto hit my 1200 progression. was able to get to 1180 several times then just said fk it the aggravation isnt worth it anymore
  • The gap between 1st and 2nd mentioned by "the reds" is kinda funny. I have been sitting in 2nd place comfortably for hours with 1200 points. 1st place has 2400+ = lol?
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Misguided wrote:

Interesting, thank you for the response. Care to elaborate? What I was thinking was something along the lines of an increasing reward, that went up each time (possibly until some max) until you skipped, at which point it would reset. To me, that becomes a strategic choice if the reward is good enough. If I get a tough match I have to decide is it worth gutting out this fight in order to keep my iso bonus? That's the sort of thing I had in mind.

Brilliant. Love the idea. Put this man in your think tank!
  • If you really want to copy CoC..

Make it you will surely earn min 15-20 points on any person you are hitting..
    If someone retaliate you, it will give you a free shield that last for certain amount of time..
    This is fair, you dont need to spend money to win the fight.. You can spend money to improve your hero to fight for you..

The way your changes suggest people to spend money to win this game..
    Need to spend on hero, spend to heal up, spend to fight.. No fun!
  • The gap between 1st and 2nd mentioned by "the reds" is kinda funny. I have been sitting in 2nd place comfortably for hours with 1200 points. 1st place has 2400+ = lol?

It looks like the matchmaking change only went in today, which would mean anyone lucky enough to climb before today's patch can easily have a very high score and they'd obviously be shielded (or they'd get brought back down to earth rather quickly too).

Looking at the rate I'm getting pummeled I'm sure they're correct in that this will definitely reduce the point spread between top of brackets. I think the top progression reward should revert back to 1800 in this scheme.
  • I am finally convinced. The devs are playing a game. The second they fix one problem they take it away or make it worse lol. "Oh you're tired of losing points? Ok just buy this shield and you'll be fine icon_e_smile.gif". Shields soon double in price. "Oh you can't find opponents worth more than 10 points? Ok well now you can attack people that have spent hours climbing up the progression ladder and knock them down. I know they won't like it but they should've bought a shield icon_razz.gif". Congrats demiurge, you have truly thought of everything icon_e_smile.gif. Also, thanks for the timely response to the ticket I sent you about the hunt event. Yeah I'm talking about the one that ended over 3 weeks ago lol.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Badman82 wrote:
    Also, thanks for the timely response to the ticket I sent you about the hunt event. Yeah I'm talking about the one that ended over 3 weeks ago lol.

Tickets don't work, homie.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Badman82 wrote:
    Also, thanks for the timely response to the ticket I sent you about the hunt event. Yeah I'm talking about the one that ended over 3 weeks ago lol.

Tickets don't work, homie.

It was sent from the link on the suggestions page homie. And if it doesn't work it should be removed from the game.
  • I don't think increasing shield cost is going to help the situation. All it's going to do is create a separation between those who don't care about paying a lot for high placements, and those who do. Instead, there should be some kind of limitation on the shields themselves. Maybe a maximum time you can be shielded per event, or have them grow weaker the more you get attacked, so some point loss starts leaking through.