Attacked by someone with 2000 fewer points

Options

Comments

• That'd be nice. I lost about 300 points in the span of 30 minutes to people that give me retaliation values of 0-9.
  • jozier wrote:
    That'd be nice. I lost about 300 points in the span of 30 minutes to people that give me retaliation values of 0-9.

Well, I've seen at least two staff in this thread (waves at D_Al), so they are at least aware that we've noticed a change.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bucky76 wrote:
    Is anyone up 2400 range who is NOT shielded being hit like this?
    Yeah, like 10 minutes after my shield expired this morning, I was hit for more than a hundred points. From 3 attacks
  • jozier wrote:
    That'd be nice. I lost about 300 points in the span of 30 minutes to people that give me retaliation values of 0-9.

I logged in 30 minutes after I posted here and the attack message popup was again full of -46 to -50s, with one guy being 2000 points lower than me, another one 1600 points lower (the others were guys in the 2000 points region).

I'll stay shielded and will only log in from time to time to see if I'm still rank 1 and only drop the shield if I'm not...
  • So when I installed this game, I chose not to be informed of incoming attacks. Is there anyway to change this option?
  • Spoit
    Options
    Yeah, just got hit twice by people not even over 1k, knocking me under 2k. I should have just gotten to 2.4k last night. Only half an hour more until I can put the 8 hour shield up icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Was trying to make a run to 2400. Got to 2200 and then started getting slammed. People i know weren't retaliations. I simply couldn't win 50 point matches fast enough when I'd get hit for -150.

Then, I throw up a shield at just under 2000. Attacks stop. Just one came in since from EvilSonGoku at just over 1000. I know the people I'm hitting for 50 up at 2600 are shielded. But I find it strange that the attacks come in fast and furious when you're about to reach a milestone. And then they stop once the shield goes up.

Annoyed

Edit: just checked again. Still no attacks. If you're shielded you're less likely to be put up for matches. If you're running up the leaderboard and are near a milestone, get ready to be hit. Still annoyed.
  • I'm seeing similar - the usual slew of single-digit stuff interspersed with quite a few targets way, way above my rating. Can't speak for anyone else, but if anyone hits me back for 0 I'll assume you're telling me you're unshielded and leave you alone. Not as if there's much other scope for communication in-game.

Kind of loving the way this supposedly intensely competitive Bejeweled clone (!) has managed to turn itself into a collaborative effort at the developers' sort-of expense. Two obvious "fixes": defense team is the last you WON with, and you're always visible in matchmaking to the ten people above and below you in your bracket. That might rein in some of these unwanted commie shenanigans.
  • Kev42 wrote:
    Edit: just checked again. Still no attacks. If you're shielded you're less likely to be put up for matches. If you're running up the leaderboard and are near a milestone, get ready to be hit. Still annoyed.

If they are doing that deliberately, it could make it exceedingly difficult for anyone climbing later in tournaments to progress if most people ahead of them are shielded.
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just finished my run to 2400.

I was at 1100 when I started. Skipped around before unshielding and had cued up three around my point total worth about a hundred. Once I finished those off I was around 1300 and I got six or seven >2400 opponents in a row all worth 50 apiece. Made a big move to the 1800 progression award and then the attacks for me came fast and furious from people I never played all taking me down for ~40 a crack. Spent about thirty minutes holding my 1800 point position and was considering shielding and giving it a crack later when all of a sudden there was a bunch of mid-40 pointers in my queue and the attacks stopped but for one person who probably thought I was shielded because my score didn't change for that whole period. Another 45 minutes saw me to 2400 and a shield.

There is some sort of trigger in matchmaking which makes your team the flavor of the moment, I think.
  • mackattk wrote:
    So when I installed this game, I chose not to be informed of incoming attacks. Is there anyway to change this option?

See the options menu (the gear icon on the title screen).
  • Misguided wrote:
    Kev42 wrote:

If they are doing that deliberately, it could make it exceedingly difficult for anyone climbing later in tournaments to progress if most people ahead of them are shielded.

Just checked again. 2 more from the same guy andy111. But that's it. So in total about 5 attacks in the past hour while shielded. As opposed to the 10 or so I got in the span of about 20 minutes when not shielded.
  • I literally have 5 teams in my MMR, all guys I don't feel in the mood to attack. I guess I have to attack one to get a new set.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    I currently have three people cued up for +50 points each. The teams are extremely squishy so I hope to stay in the top 15 by the end of the tourny.
  • Spoit
    Options
    I currently have three people cued up for +50 points each. The teams are extremely squishy so I hope to stay in the top 15 by the end of the tourny.
    If they're not retaliations, you should use them, because I had a bunch of good fights queued, then I got hit, and the silly 0 point battles overwrote them
  • jozier wrote:
    I literally have 5 teams in my MMR, all guys I don't feel in the mood to attack. I guess I have to attack one to get a new set.

That's what happened to me earlier. I hit one a couple of times, then got more choices.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Can't progress anymore right now. I keep getting teamed up with people that have 0-100 score. Sitting at 2500 right now, want to get as many points as I can because I won't be able to play much later tonight. Kind of disappointing because I want to get the full patch wolverine tonight.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    I literally have 5 teams in my MMR, all guys I don't feel in the mood to attack. I guess I have to attack one to get a new set.

That's what happened to me earlier. I hit one a couple of times, then got more choices.
    Yeah, at one point I only had 4 people. Skipping multiple times where it was showing the same person after the skip
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Last few hours will be bloody. A lot of people want the new 3 star wolverine and stripping the progression cap is going to make advancing a real pain.

Queued up 3 fights at 50 each. By the time I finished, break even. Probably going to shield out at 1200 second place and hope to stay top 5.
  • Moral wrote:
    Last few hours will be bloody. A lot of people want the new 3 star wolverine and stripping the progression cap is going to make advancing a real pain.

Queued up 3 fights at 50 each. By the time I finished, break even. Probably going to shield out at 1200 second place and hope to stay top 5.

This is my strategy also basically. I'm sitting at 950 with a 3 hour shield waiting for health packs to regen. When shield is close to wearing off I'm gonna push to 1200-1300 and shield up.