Lightning Rounds???

Options

Comments

• jozier wrote:
    I feel like lightning rounds are easier, maybe with less Rag around. I ran out of time to play but finished comfortably for my Purple Mag cover (if I wasn't busy I could have easily pushed for top 8).

Yes, it was a lot easier. I made it to top 8 with out much problems, got lazy towards the end, had a chance to get top two but stop @ 500 mark.
  • turul wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    I feel like lightning rounds are easier, maybe with less Rag around. I ran out of time to play but finished comfortably for my Purple Mag cover (if I wasn't busy I could have easily pushed for top 8).

Its easier since rewards are nerfed/will be nerfed. Hope they only minimally nerf Mag... and improve his red dmg.
    Buffs are also lower than usual.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man activity is really down this week. I put my tanking team up like 20 minutes ago, and I was only attacked once
  • Spoit wrote:
    Man activity is really down this week. I put my tanking team up like 20 minutes ago, and I was only attacked once

hehe nobody has the urge to get those Rag covers anymore.

People are realizing better to concentrate on punisher/hulk/ares
  • Spoit wrote:

Interesting, because mine is getting pummeled.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

guessing some MMR level has more activity.
  • Spoit
    Options
    doneskis wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Or the score aspect of it, I was hit a 2nd time, and that triggered a bunch more hits. Maybe I wasn't showing up in the point range?
  • Spoit wrote:
    doneskis wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Or the score aspect of it, I was hit a 2nd time, and that triggered a bunch more hits. Maybe I wasn't showing up in the point range?

I’m thinking sometimes it takes a while for the server to update your tank team? I noticed I have to wait a bit when I put them out sometimes but once the first attack comes in, it comes nonstop.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Still a couple minutes left, but geeze the competition is down this week. #2 at only 400 points? top at at like 350?
  • Spoit wrote:
    Still a couple minutes left, but geeze the competition is down this week. #2 at only 400 points? top at at like 350?[/quote

I think it's time for them to scrap the villian lighting round and come out with something else.
  • doneskis wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Still a couple minutes left, but geeze the competition is down this week. #2 at only 400 points? top at at like 350?

I think it's time for them to scrap the villian lighting round and come out with something else.

Still many people that need those covers.
  • I tried to play 2 of the 4 rounds yesterday but it was stiff competition. I still need them but I think the other tournaments are more exciting right now/getting my butt kicked still during the LRs. I'd love to get a playable C.Mags but it's tough going.
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    I tried to play 2 of the 4 rounds yesterday but it was stiff competition. I still need them but I think the other tournaments are more exciting right now/getting my butt kicked still during the LRs. I'd love to get a playable C.Mags but it's tough going.

Well Mags is the only one worth getting (for now) so I'm sure competition is still stiff.
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    I tried to play 2 of the 4 rounds yesterday but it was stiff competition. I still need them but I think the other tournaments are more exciting right now/getting my butt kicked still during the LRs. I'd love to get a playable C.Mags but it's tough going.

They have been way easier today. No idea why to be honest. Diabolical token range for that rag round was insanely low. Mag round before it was about 400 for top 8. The 1 am PST time mag round before that had top 8 around 480.

Lr are dead for me at this point. I have Loki and yellow hood left. Not worth the effort so ill probably just farm iso and try and maybe land in diabolical territory every time. That said, I don't think they need go end based on.me. the reason they should end is because the villains just aren't that great anymore. Not bad by any means but with rag down and mag to.be "balanced" you are looking at doom and hood really? They are pretty decent but nothing special to warrant insane effort.

I don't think they should destroy lr, but if they could gather up enough new characters for a 3+ round "New" lr to run every other week or one day a week that would be pretty cool. Heck, make the lr last a day shorter and give the new villians a go. I think, imo, that lr should stay a "villain" thing and it should be the mechanism by which all 3*** villains are released.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    While I haven't taken one seriously in about a month and a half (only have 2 hood yellows left to go and it's not worth trying usually), I'd be sad to see them go. They are probably my fastest source of ISO when beating up on seed teams.

A change up to the characters would be welcome...but I probably don't need anybody else, either (until Patch comes out, at least.)
  • How much are villains buffed exactly? One minute The Hood as 2.9k starting hp, the next 999 or something
  • gobstopper wrote:
    How much are villains buffed exactly? One minute The Hood as 2.9k starting hp, the next 999 or something
    Should be 100% buff.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    How much are villains buffed exactly? One minute The Hood as 2.9k starting hp, the next 999 or something

The 999 or so one is probably the base hood. The freebie everyone gets. The buff is 100%, use to be 200% buff (devs said 170% but I think they spoke wrong?). So if your hood normally has 1k hp then instead he has 2k. The hood still seems weak because he has very low health for a 3*** naturally so the diff isn't as obvious.
  • i actually want to finisih my doom haha

lucky me it seems nobody else does.

doom hood 3* wolverine 2014!
  • What round is after Doom? I was gonna tank but the round is so uncompetitive that I might gun for my 4th blue Doom

Edit: NVM, I fell behind the 8-ball. I'll drop to Diabolical.