Unholy Outlaw Jan.11-14

Options
Single Player Rewards

1. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png +all rewards from previous rank
2-5. icon_doctordoom.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
6-10. icon_doctordoom.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
11-25. icon_doctordoom.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
26-50. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
51-100. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
101-200. icon_blackwidow.png OBW blueflag.png, 500 iso8.png
201-300. icon_blackwidow.png OBW blueflag.png, 250 iso8.png
301-400. 2x Standard Tokens, 140 iso8.png
401-500. Standard Token, 70 iso8.png

Alliance Rewards

1-2. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png
3-10. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
11-25. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png, 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
26-50. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
51-100. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000. 500 iso8.png
1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

Progression Rewards

25. Standard Token
50. 100 iso8.png
100. +3 blacktile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.png boost
200. 250 iso8.png
300.Event token
400. 25 imcoin.png
500. icon_moonstone.pngblackflag.png
600. 25 imcoin.png
700. 1000 iso8.png
800. 50 imcoin.png
900. Event Token
1000. 1000 iso8.png
1100. icon_hood.pngyellowflag.png
1200. 1000 iso8.png
1300. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.pngblueflag.png

Edit: A little late, but better late than never icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Purple for top 5? At least I don't have to bother shielding. It's not as bad as when they did for Loki, since they just made the Doom the bottom/alliance prize, but it would still be nice to make it a little less impossible.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Eh, stop complaining, Ben. Slice 2, easy t5, woo! Here we come.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Purple for top 5? At least I don't have to bother shielding. It's not as bad as when they did for Loki, since they just made the Doom the bottom/alliance prize, but it would still be nice to make it a little less impossible.

Finally a t100 victory thanks to your advice Mr. Grimm.

It feels odd not shielding, but when in Rome...

Managed to get top 100 after getting kicked out 3-4 events in a row. Surprisingly alot of unshielded non-166 people around the 3-0 Hour mark. Got attacked a bit, but I was just running MagStorm - expected. But I guess that's just how "new" PVP works now?

Too bad I couldn't use Hood Yellow...
  • locked wrote:

I can't do slice 2; I've been asleep for several hours by the time it ends. I'll just do Slice 1, accept lower placement, and complain. It's my way.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Finally a t100 victory thanks to your advice Mr. Grimm.

Congrats! Hope it works for you going forward.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    locked wrote:

I can't do slice 2; I've been asleep for several hours by the time it ends. I'll just do Slice 1, accept lower placement, and complain. It's my way.
    Slice 1 on mid week PVP has been preety friendly to me, so it should not be bad. We can b bracket buddies icon_e_smile.gif
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    locked wrote:

Slice 1 on mid week PVP has been preety friendly to me, so it should not be bad. We can b bracket buddies icon_e_smile.gif
    Can I join too?
  • Top 5 for Dooms new purple.... Is anyone surprised that D3 tries to ring as much $$$$$ out of its customer base?

It'll be pointless for anyone to try unless you're a top tier player.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    Top 5 for Dooms new purple.... Is anyone surprised that D3 tries to ring as much $$$$$ out of its customer base?

D3 made it the alliance and bottom tier 3* individual award in the recent Hulk PvE. Hard to fault D3 for not gifting purple covers as the easiest to obtain in every event.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    Top 5 for Dooms new purple.... Is anyone surprised that D3 tries to ring as much $$$$$ out of its customer base?

D3 made it the alliance and bottom tier 3* individual award in the recent Hulk PvE. Hard to fault D3 for not gifting purple covers as the easiest to obtain in every event.
    Plus, people who would be the most interested in Doom's new power have probably been playing for a while now, and therefore, would have a decent chance at T5. Those who don't have the slightest chance could probably use some of the older covers.

I usually just ignore these senseless whiney posts, but this one got me for some reason.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    I think the XF/TGT teams will probably be insurmountable in this event. My hood doesn't steal the black back at every chance, while theirs does get it, and its a **** shoot on getting XF down before he gets SS up. The only saving grace is that hood can use indimidate instead. Luckily, not trying for top 5 for purple, and having black maxed... I shouldn't really have to worry about it. A final push somewhere in the last 3 hrs and a shield will be the best I can do for the alliance score in this one.

I don't mind not having a shot at the purple cover this time. As mentioned, its just better if they rotate the color covers around. They haven't really done so with hood, which is why I've now sold 3-4 each of both yellow and black, but still only have a meager 3 in blue. Its not 'money grubbing' in this instance, its actually the right thing to do.
  • MikeHock wrote:

I understand why they do what they do $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, but of course you need have been in a top alliance to have won that purple cover.

Not sure what you mean by "bottom tier 3* individual award" in the Hulk event. Do you mean a progression award in the last Hulk PvE?
  • MikeHock wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

I understand why they do what they do $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, but of course you need have been in a top alliance to have won that purple cover.

Not sure what you mean by "bottom tier 3* individual award" in the Hulk event. Do you mean a progression award in the last Hulk PvE?

hex meant that icon_doctordoom.pngpurpleflag.png was given out as the reward for placing top 150 in the event. Coupled with being the alliance reward, that gives it out to the most possible people in the game as a placement reward.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bottom tier 3* reward is simply the easiest one to get for that event. In pvp it's whatever is placed at top 100. And for this past hulk pve it was the purple doom cover at top 150. It also has been the same as the alliance cover for the past couple months or so? Forget when it changed from the hardest to the easiest.
  • wymtime
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    locked wrote:

Can I join too?

Absolutely the more the merrier!!! How is the Lazy alliance going?
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In case Youngcali89 or anyone from X-Men 3 reads this, I wanted to apologize for hitting you 3 times in my climb this morning. I felt bad about it but you were worth so many points! I hope we can still be friends.
  • Joined slice 1 and played myself to about 350 last night. After work I'll try to push over 700. While I could use the Doom black, I don't expect to break top 25. I'm just pushing for season points. Still getting a lot of 15-16 point teams that I have to skip before I see anything worth hitting. Anybody else having this problem?
  • wymtime
    Options
    Fievel wrote:
    Joined slice 1 and played myself to about 350 last night. After work I'll try to push over 700. While I could use the Doom black, I don't expect to break top 25. I'm just pushing for season points. Still getting a lot of 15-16 point teams that I have to skip before I see anything worth hitting. Anybody else having this problem?

The only way to get high point totals is off retaliations. I climbed to 700 and went un shielded and got hit for about 75 points. I won a couple of battles so I was able to have some 30+ point battles. The top spot in my bracket was at 1000 points but I was in 2nd with 800 before I got hit again. You just have to take 20 points at a time and hope you don't lose to many attacks later.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    for mobile users:
    Ceraphim wrote:
    Single Player Rewards

1. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png +all rewards from previous rank wolverine
    2-5. icon_doctordoom.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png doctordoom
    6-10. icon_doctordoom.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png doctordoom
    11-25. icon_doctordoom.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png doctordoom
    26-50. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png doctordoom
    51-100. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png, 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png doctordoom
    101-200. icon_blackwidow.png OBW blueflag.png, 500 iso8.png blackwidow
    201-300. icon_blackwidow.png OBW blueflag.png, 250 iso8.png blackwidow
    301-400. 2x Standard Tokens, 140 iso8.png
    401-500. Standard Token, 70 iso8.png

Alliance Rewards

1-2. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png doctordoom
    3-10. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png doctordoom
    11-25. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png, 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png doctordoom
    26-50. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png doctordoom
    51-100. icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png doctordoom
    101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
    251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
    501-1000. 500 iso8.png
    1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

Progression Rewards

25. Standard Token
    50. 100 iso8.png
    100. +3 blacktile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.png boost
    200. 250 iso8.png
    300.Event token
    400. 25 imcoin.png
    500. icon_moonstone.pngblackflag.png moonstone
    600. 25 imcoin.png
    700. 1000 iso8.png
    800. 50 imcoin.png
    900. Event Token
    1000. 1000 iso8.png
    1100. icon_hood.pngyellowflag.png hood
    1200. 1000 iso8.png
    1300. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.pngblueflag.png thor
  • Unfortunately, I seem to have stumbled into a Death Bracket where the 166 wall started popping up at 300 points...

Yay me... icon_rolleyes.gif

Edit: Really hoping this was an unhappy acident on my part and not a by product of the Shield Cooldown change. I didn't run into it on previous events that were run since the change, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.