Hulk PVE insane scaling?

Options

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    did everyone forget about poor Spidey?? if you can collect 15 blue (not terribly difficult since hulks powers cost quite a bit anyway) you can keep him stunned for 6 turns, then 3 more for each blue you get. thats how i handled the solo hulk battles last time and it worked perfectly.

That was, however, before i had 3* cap or the new and improved Daredevil...both of whom should be able to perma-stun him very easily. He's not all that angry if he never gets a turn icon_mrgreen.gif
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    Level 340 in the hard mode is a bit too much for my level 94s though, one match 4 and one of my guys loses 2/3rd of their health icon_lol.gif

I remember the first time they ran hulk I was in a similar situation, and that was before team ups. It was black widow that saved me. The second time think I used storm. Boosted of course. You can do it, but it's tough. Steal that AP and stun, over and over. When he's stunned hit him hard.
  • grapez
    grapez Posts: 50
    Options
    95% of you guys said 1* BW. So a character that does 98 dmg per match will take out a 22,000 life enemy that will three shot her with matches or kill her three times over with any single one of his moves? Screenshots?
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    grapez wrote:
    95% of you guys said 1* BW. So a character that does 98 dmg per match will take out a 22,000 life enemy that will three shot her with matches or kill her three times over with any single one of his moves? Screenshots?

1*BW has one of the best stuns in the game. she isn't there to do damge, nor will she survive. she's also there to steal AP. Make sure to place her with some one to tank AT LEAST blue. If no one to tank purple only hit purple to steal AP when hulk is stunned (while doing abilities). Boost all damage and blue/purp AP

No screenshots, but did it 9 months (or so) ago with essentially only a 1 - 2 * roster
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    grapez wrote:
    Its not about her match damage, its about the stun. Bring someone to cover blue so she doesn't take damage, and a nuke to burn down his HP
  • MBW works fine even if you only have her at level 1 with Widow's Sting at level 5 since it's not like you can even easily do enough damage to trigger Anger against a very high level Hulk. Having Punisher doesn't really matter for the purposes of winning because if you can do the first 18 the last 8K isn't going to make or break the encounter but it does save you some time.

If MBW is at level 1, it's likely anybody else you use will still cover her strong colors so you don't have to worry about her taking damage. If you have her leveled for some reason, it shouldn't be too hard to at least cover 2 colors for her with someone else.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have used Dare Devil hood and Lcap hood and I will say I prefer Dare Devil to cap for taking on Hulk. The stun is faster and I was able to get ambush on the board in 2 different locations. Ambush did massive damage my me matching it. When I used LCap it was nice with his protect tiles as once he was stunned I got no match damage. Overall 2 very good combinations to beat a big hulk
  • Vitalbird
    Options
    Yeah, Daredevil made it very easy to beat hulk. You don't even have to keep collecting blue. Just one stun should let you cruise through the match
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Options
    Everything that's said here is all well and good if you have characters maxed out, but not all of us are so fortunate. Spiderman? Yeah, I'm sure he's great, but as a 3*, he's scarce as hell and I can't remember the last time I got one of him. I only get the yellow ones, and am yet to find a blue, so I can't even stun with him. Geting him down to 40% with Punisher then offing him in one hit sounds nice, but he's also a rare 3*. Original Storm is great to use, but her blue is way too powerful and puts her in position to get hit. I can use Steve Rogers Captain America to tank blue (he's at level 114) but a level 369 does too much damage. I was actually able to get him down to 8K before he used clap and smash to kill my team. I just need a good midlevel team recommendation to kill him. I can use OBW or Daredevil as a stun, but not both because they're too low a level, and Daredevil can only stun for one turn. Can I get a team recommendation with all 3 members listed?
  • I used MBW at level 1 in the heroics against the level 150 Daken + 2 goons, which are considerably harder than a level 395 Hulk since stunning Daken doesn't prevent the goon from continuing to attack but conceptually they're the same fight. You also don't have to worry about stuff like Flamethrower that can take out your level 1 MBW in one hit because you can't possibly do enough damage to trigger Anger off normal attacks anyway.

Captain America at level 15 works just fine too, though it could be a very long fight if you don't have anyone else who can do the damage.
  • I have a max x-force but I don't use it against hulk, it's always brains over muscles. A 2* team obw storm,cmags. With a three star character obw , 3*cap, and hood. Always match green and red bofore hulk takes them.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dider152 wrote:
    Everything that's said here is all well and good if you have characters maxed out, but not all of us are so fortunate. Spiderman? Yeah, I'm sure he's great, but as a 3*, he's scarce as hell and I can't remember the last time I got one of him. I only get the yellow ones, and am yet to find a blue, so I can't even stun with him. Geting him down to 40% with Punisher then offing him in one hit sounds nice, but he's also a rare 3*. Original Storm is great to use, but her blue is way too powerful and puts her in position to get hit. I can use Steve Rogers Captain America to tank blue (he's at level 114) but a level 369 does too much damage. I was actually able to get him down to 8K before he used clap and smash to kill my team. I just need a good midlevel team recommendation to kill him. I can use OBW or Daredevil as a stun, but not both because they're too low a level, and Daredevil can only stun for one turn. Can I get a team recommendation with all 3 members listed?

Try 2* Mags and 2* Storm. Put 2* Mags in position two, so he tanks blue for 2* Storm, whom you place in position three. Put a tank in position one (2* Thor does nicely). Deny green/red (which builds up AP for Thor), collect blue, then Windstorm, and hammer away with Thor. Rinse and repeat. You can use Polarity Shift to recharge blue for Windstorm while Hulk is stunned and do some damage in the process. You might get downed by a nasty cascade, but a bad cascade has taken out my 3* Cap team before too. An alternative would be to use OBW (since she's boosted) in position two, as she should tank blue for 2* Storm as well, in which case you use her purple to keep Hulk's green/red under control, and help ramp up to your stun/attacks. The main difficulty is going to be getting to that 11 blue for your first Windstorm. After that, you should have a reasonable chance of keeping him stunlocked.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morph3us wrote:
    dider152 wrote:

Try 2* Mags and 2* Storm. Put 2* Mags in position two, so he tanks blue for 2* Storm, whom you place in position three. Put a tank in position one (2* Thor does nicely). Deny green/red (which builds up AP for Thor), collect blue, then Windstorm, and hammer away with Thor. Rinse and repeat. You can use Polarity Shift to recharge blue for Windstorm while Hulk is stunned and do some damage in the process. You might get downed by a nasty cascade, but a bad cascade has taken out my 3* Cap team before too. An alternative would be to use OBW (since she's boosted) in position two, as she should tank blue for 2* Storm as well, in which case you use her purple to keep Hulk's green/red under control, and help ramp up to your stun/attacks. The main difficulty is going to be getting to that 11 blue for your first Windstorm. After that, you should have a reasonable chance of keeping him stunlocked.

That's been too slow for me. My highest characters are only Level 86, so the 395 hulk match3's at least one character before I can get anywhere close to a stun and any cascade by Hulk is generally a party wipe. I haven't tried loading up on boosts, yet, but it's never been close enough for me to even think it would matter.

Oh well, if there's a node I can't do here, so be it.
  • ZootSax wrote:
    morph3us wrote:
    dider152 wrote:

That's been too slow for me. My highest characters are only Level 86, so the 395 hulk match3's at least one character before I can get anywhere close to a stun and any cascade by Hulk is generally a party wipe. I haven't tried loading up on boosts, yet, but it's never been close enough for me to even think it would matter.

There are only 3 colors where he does significant damage via matches. While you can't always keep him off all 3, you shouldn't be taking a 500 match 3 each turn either.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    morph3us wrote:
    dider152 wrote:

When this event first ran in early 2014 I ran MMN, CStorm, 2* Thor. Boost P/B AP, R/Y AP. You can use MMN Purple and Red, and Thor's yellow and Green and then Cstorms Blue. try and have Thors thunderstrike ready to go when you have enough blue. Windstorm-thunderstrike- COTS followed up by MNMags read to help generate AP again. It does more damage than Thor's red. Then you try and collect enough purple to stun get blue to stun again. It is hard but very doable.

Also now ask for MBW 5 blue for additional stun or if you have an OBW blue/purple to heal your team or steal AP as a TU that would help out a lot.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    ZootSax wrote:
    morph3us wrote:
    dider152 wrote:

When this event first ran in early 2014 I ran MMN, CStorm, 2* Thor. Boost P/B AP, R/Y AP. You can use MMN Purple and Red, and Thor's yellow and Green and then Cstorms Blue. try and have Thors thunderstrike ready to go when you have enough blue. Windstorm-thunderstrike- COTS followed up by MNMags read to help generate AP again. It does more damage than Thor's red. Then you try and collect enough purple to stun get blue to stun again. It is hard but very doable.

Also now ask for MBW 5 blue for additional stun or if you have an OBW blue/purple to heal your team or steal AP as a TU that would help out a lot.

Thanks, I give that a try for the next insane Hulk node...although right now even the "easy" node to open up the West Sahara sub is kicking my ****. Good thing I didn't have any of the essential characters and wouldn't have placed well anyway icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    If there is only one character available on the opposing side, the game gives him roughly triple the level to make up for the fact that he's alone. Although this rarely works out to be fair when fighting straight up, a solo enemy can usually be defeated very easily by anyone who can stun.
    This.
    OBW (boosted) and any Cap owns Hulk

Its still a roll of the dice for me, I have a max covered (optimal) LCap that's near max lvled and obviously OBW. Against a Lvl 400 Hulk, if the initial board is blue heavy than I can take down Hulk with very minimal damage, but if I even get an average initial board I can kiss one of my characters good bye. The high simple match 3 damage from a Lvl 400 Hulk + the inevitable lucky AI cascade is enough to bring down one of my characters.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thought I may as well give hard node this time a shot. I joined day one, so my bracket should be good and full.

Played the easiest node - one still very difficult essential node, one time. That's all the points I have in hard.

I moved to #178. In a thousand person bracket. 800 people haven't been able to win ONE NODE worth of points (or completed that same node, one time...or my one attempt rubber-banded me over their one attempt): or they just gave up. What a way to run an event, just lock out most of the people who are in it.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    Thought I may as well give hard node this time a shot. I joined day one, so my bracket should be good and full.

Played the easiest node - one still very difficult essential node, one time. That's all the points I have in hard.

I moved to #178. In a thousand person bracket. 800 people haven't been able to win ONE NODE worth of points (or completed that same node, one time...or my one attempt rubber-banded me over their one attempt): or they just gave up. What a way to run an event, just lock out most of the people who are in it.

The essentials are considerably easier than the whacked combinations of enemies you face on normal nodes and are worth more points, so that's not very surprising. For some reason the game thinks just because the enemies are 50 levels lower it's clearly much easier to fight something like Venom + purple feeder versus just 3 DAs straight up, because it's not like getting stunned every other turn is going to adversely screw you up.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

The essentials are considerably easier than the whacked combinations of enemies you face on normal nodes and are worth more points, so that's not very surprising. For some reason the game thinks just because the enemies are 50 levels lower it's clearly much easier to fight something like Venom + purple feeder versus just 3 DAs straight up, because it's not like getting stunned every other turn is going to adversely screw you up.

Right, but what part isn't surprising? Essentials are easier and worth tons, so I would expect anyone who tried hard would try one of those first.

The part that surprises me is scaling is so extreme for every roster that one clear of one node puts me in top 200. This is at least the third time I've played this event, with a weaker roster I was able to take every essential. Those with weaker rosters now can't take one essential in hard anymore.

Edit - one reason might be I'm in slice 4, whose start-time is work-time in US time zones. Another reason might be that folks just haven't even tried one node since they've been full twice while at work/school/sleep - closer to end time (six more hours) may be a better indicator, to see how many else bother to start. I'll just sit on my one node clear and see where it ends.