Are You Happy With the Nerfs/Buffs (Poll).

Options
I'm just curious to see how the majority of my fellow players feel. You can pick one option but, feel free to elaborate on your choice or if you'd like to choose more than one, post a comment saying so. icon_e_biggrin.gif

You are able to change your vote after any new nerfs/buffs. icon_e_wink.gif

Edit: Added two new options due to feedback observations. icon_e_wink.gif Feel free to change your vote if you would like.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• BigMao
    BigMao Posts: 117
    Options
    You got your affect/effect mixed up. icon_e_smile.gif

I'm a combination of option 1 and option 3:
    Yes. I think the characters on the list need to be nerfed/buffed and it makes the game more interesting.

No. They are screwing with the balance of my team and how I've specced them. I'm stuck with useless heroes.

While I think the rebalancing will give the game more variety (which is a good thing), I paid for five Thunderclap covers a few hours before the nerf (which is a bad thing). If D3 combines the balancing move with some good customer support, they can improve the game without screwing over people like me. I'm waiting for their reply on Monday.

As for the magnitude of the nerf, I think it might have been excessive, he's not a usable character anymore.
  • BigMao wrote:
    You got your affect/effect mixed up.

Thank you for letting me know. icon_e_biggrin.gif Post corrected. Also, thank you for your input. icon_e_smile.gif
  • They need to let us respec for heroes that are heavily modified. It's really difficult when the system is set so that it's permanent once you actually do it.

However, I will vote yes, I am happy, because the balance changes are necessary for a decent game. Constantly seeing the same set run over and over again and having go-to heroes makes the game incredibly dull. Without balance changes, this game will surely and inevitably die.

There is nothing wrong with the nerfs/buffs going on (things can't ever be perfect without revision), it's just that we aren't compensated if it impacts us substantially. Nothing burns more than spending the time and effort on something that you really want and have it ripped away from you.
  • Where's the option for no: the game is going to get slow and boring
  • I'm happy about balance buffs/nerfs, they are necessary.
    Rags was completely OP. Thor and 2* Wolvie are slightly stronger than they should be. 4* are garbage. They need slight adjustments (big ones for 4*)

But if the slaughtered Rags IS the kind of balance they are aiming at for the game, and the other characters, then NO WAY IN HELL.

This game needs a fast pace, and big flashy powers. Not too big and too fast, but not a boring chore either.
    It's really simple. Balance wich isn't about making characters uber, then useless, then uber again, but to finding a sweet spot in the middle.
  • This all basically goes back to what me and DDD argued about with every1 in past threads. Rags was mainly OP in lightning rounds. We have not used new rags in a lightning round yet. He is still gonna be a usable character in lightning rounds. The problem is back in non lightning round play where rags was nearly balanced with everyone else (making his red 3ap would have balanced that) he is worthless. It just shows the real problem with rags was the lightning round buff and that it is way too extreme and has now been met with a way too extreme nerf.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would not have minded a nerf, but this was an *extreme* nerf. It not only decimates Ragnarok as a character, but it also destroys all of their scenarios. Used to be that a Rags scenario was a serious challenge -- now it's easy. Bullseye, Daken, Venom, and Ares are all more dangerous than Rags, now. There are many ways they could have nerfed Rags without gutting him:

1. Red ends the turn.
    2. Increase the AP costs by 1, but also increase damage.
    3. Reduce green creation to 3.
    4. Give opposing team some AP.
    5. Decrease damage 30%
    6. Have Rags hurt himself 10%
    7. Don't buff Rags in tournaments.

Many have lost faith in the devs because of the extreme nature of the nerfing. They have indicated that they will be putting in nerfs so powerful that the current top 6 characters will be reduced to being nearly unusable. Would it be better if they just removed them from the game entirely, if they didn't want players to use them any more?
  • 'Did you hear about the changes to the Character X in Game Y?'
    'Yes, I'm outraged and demanding refunds and investigating my legal options for this flagrant disregard for my consumer and human rights!'
    'Why?'
    'Because I spent all of my money on that Character to build him up! I am so angry about it!'
    'Why did you spend all of your money on that character? is he your favourite from the comics?'
    'What? No, of course not, he's barely in the comics.'
    'So why did you spend money on him?'
    'Because he was the best character in the game because he had one ability that was like, instant win and no-one would attack you if you had him on your team'.
    'Oh OK, I guess it was a struggle to get to use that ability though right?'
    'Haha no, don't be silly. You just had to make one match of a certain colour then you could win the game really easily.'
    'So you spent lots of money on this one character because he had an overpowered ability that would let you win games really easily and because he was so overpowered, other players wouldn;t attack you if this character was on your team?'
    'Yeah, it was awesome'
    'And you can't see why the developers would want this character changed?'
    'Don't even speak about the developers to me! They are lazy and don't communicate and are only out to grab money! I'm a loyal player!'
    'So you're a loyal player who wants to sue them?'
    'Err, yeah.'
    'And they only care about money, so they are changing the character people are spending money on to level because he is so good?'
    'Yeah!...err, yeah!'
    'And now you're quitting the game you enjoyed before because you'll have to do something different to win?'
    'Damn straight'
    'Right'.
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I voted "I really don't care." If i was going to quit over nerfs when they took Loki and nerfed him soon after i spent my first money on the game to level him up I would've done it then. but I really don't care. I just started looking for a different team and became more aggressive at picking up the other covers and the goal of doing that was a lot of fun. Then I took the consensus best team and built up the 3* villains and Spidey and GSBW and that was a lot of fun. now they nerfed Rag and things have changed yet again and now I am having a lot of fun in The Hunt and Big Smash learning what the new best options are and where to spend some iso to max out the characters. I've been through everything the devs can do and I'm still having fun. For me that's my bottom line and I still enjoy the time i spend matching symbols.
  • I would never buy a character just because they're overpowered, because I know what's coming. In the days of patch-based gaming, you can never expect your overpowered trick to work forever.

That said, I do not want the games to take forever and I do not want to have to use health packs on my entire team after every round. Also, the "self damage"-ing abilities are very concerning, but not quite a problem yet in my eyes.
  • buckfanana wrote:
    I would never buy a character just because they're overpowered, because I know what's coming. In the days of patch-based gaming, you can never expect your overpowered trick to work forever.

That said, I do not want the games to take forever and I do not want to have to use health packs on my entire team after every round. Also, the "self damage"-ing abilities are very concerning, but not quite a problem yet in my eyes.

My games are only taking slightly longer thus far, and I can't remember the last time I used a health pack. Although I assume Wolvie will.be nerfed, he still is the reason I can push so fast, with or without rags, and spidey can heal up when I need him to. And even if not, at this point I have a stable of 6 level 90+ 3* and 3 115+, plus Wolvie, Thor, OBW, and soon to be Ares at usable levels. I realize that's not the norm for everyone, but sooner or later it will be.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This all basically goes back to what me and DDD argued about with every1 in past threads. Rags was mainly OP in lightning rounds. We have not used new rags in a lightning round yet. He is still gonna be a usable character in lightning rounds. The problem is back in non lightning round play where rags was nearly balanced with everyone else (making his red 3ap would have balanced that) he is worthless. It just shows the real problem with rags was the lightning round buff and that it is way too extreme and has now been met with a way too extreme nerf.

No, rags was generating green AP for widow to 1 shot a whole team in anything non lightning. He was actually less broken in lightning because so many characters have 10k plus HP so that trick didn't work. Sure he chewed through people but it wasn't generally a second round kill.

I had a 3AP rags and it meant one extra turn unless the board had no red.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Where's the option for no: the game is going to get slow and boring
    As opposed to fast and boring? Rags was arguably the most boring character in the game. Besides, there's already a good answer for you there, "I quit."
  • I added two more choices thanks to your feedback. I didn't know it would start the poll over. icon_eek.gif Please vote again according to how you feel. I hope the two new choices fill in gaps for those players who didn't see a choice appropriate for how they felt. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • BTW, seeing as the edit killed the poll, no new options will be added in the future. icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif
  • I would prefer simple yes or no, then just allow people to explain in comments. None of those answers still don't quite accurately describe how I feel.
  • I would prefer simple yes or no, then just allow people to explain in comments. None of those answers still don't quite accurately describe how I feel.

Actually, none of them precisely fit how I feel either but, I tried to capture the emotions I see most of the players expressing in their posts.

If you feel differently, please feel free to express how you feel in the comments. I believe there are posters who are afraid to comment or vent for fear of being flamed by trolls, so I was just trying to see if there was an anonymous way to express how they feel, what they would say. That's why I made the answers a bit specific. If they are afraid to say why they said yes or no, they have another option. Otherwise, they can just vent in the comments. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Many have lost faith in the devs because of the extreme nature of the nerfing. They have indicated that they will be putting in nerfs so powerful that the current top 6 characters will be reduced to being nearly unusable. Would it be better if they just removed them from the game entirely, if they didn't want players to use them any more?

Are you quoting them on that 'nearly unusable', or is this more hyperbole? And seeing as two of their 'top 6' are bag lady and 4* wolverine, I'm betting on hyperbole.

How is rags nearly unusable? Let me list the ways.
    1. He's not as powerful in all situations as he used to be.
    2. Some characters are better than him now.

He's still a good option in lightning rounds.
    He's still a great option in minion fights which he absolutely trivialised before.
    He converts red into green which can be an asset depending on who is buffed.

You had 7 nerf options for him. 4 of them would have no bearing on the second round kill strategy, and the other 3 might have dragged it out to around the fifth round at best.
  • If you feel differently, please feel free to express how you feel in the comments. I believe there are posters who are afraid to comment or vent for fear of being flamed by trolls, so I was just trying to see if there was an anonymous way to express how they feel, what they would say. That's why I made the answers a bit specific. If they are afraid to say why they said yes or no, they have another option. Otherwise, they can just vent in the comments. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    That's true.

I'm happy that the devs want to balance the game.
    I'm content enough that Rags was nerfed.
    I'm not particularly happy with what the actual nerf was or how it was handled.
    I don't think it's good to get upset over future nerfs when we don't know the details, so I'll reserve judgement.
    I do have faith that the devs have the competency to improve the game.

Overall, I'm happy with the state of the game. The only thing that upsets me is seeing people want to quit. The thing about MP games is that they thrive on active playerbases/communities.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The top six characters as of a week ago were Rags, Mags, Spidey, Wolverine 2*, Thor, BWGS.

The first five will be nerfed, according to the devs.

The two 4* characters will apparently be buffed.