fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    12.5 hours later Cage Match rewards come through
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    SUPERTOM wrote:
    Hit 900 and couldn't find a match worth more than 3 pts. While I was skipping I was hit for -42. That makes a lot of sense right?

If you can't find the high points, then chances are good that you are the high points.

And from the timing, I am guessing you were in slice 3, which has been one of the historically lower performing slices. To contrast, I'm in slice 5 for this, and am sitting at 899 points and am 36th in my bracket. 33 and up are all over 1000. Top 10 is all around 1400 and up.

Yeah i was in slice 3 too - it was clearly not a good idea seeing as how I desperately wanted the red Thor but could not find a single target after hitting 1100. on the other hand, i did manage to finally get my final black for xforce (thanks to the no 2 and 3 in my bracket who let me win i'm sure because they had xf fully covered and i did not), which i could not have done in slice 4 without 1500 points and above. so overall i consider it a win.
  • Well.. im still owed 2 mystique covers. After finishing the season and getting 4 gold tokens which gave me 4 2 star characters and after wasting my time getting my heroic 10 pack which gave me 10 2 star characters i expect my rightful prize from this joke of a company.
  • Yeah i was in slice 3 too - it was clearly not a good idea seeing as how I desperately wanted the red Thor but could not find a single target after hitting 1100. on the other hand, i did manage to finally get my final black for xforce (thanks to the no 2 and 3 in my bracket who let me win i'm sure because they had xf fully covered and i did not), which i could not have done in slice 4 without 1500 points and above. so overall i consider it a win.

As a devoted fan of Slice 3, you go there for easy placement, not progression awards. Stay very far away from it if you want any progression award over about 1000. Keep in mind that Cage match was a season-ending event, with relatively high demand prizes, and I still managed top ten in it with 855 points. Top 5 was only about 960.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Yeah i was in slice 3 too - it was clearly not a good idea seeing as how I desperately wanted the red Thor but could not find a single target after hitting 1100. on the other hand, i did manage to finally get my final black for xforce (thanks to the no 2 and 3 in my bracket who let me win i'm sure because they had xf fully covered and i did not), which i could not have done in slice 4 without 1500 points and above. so overall i consider it a win.

As a devoted fan of Slice 3, you go there for easy placement, not progression awards. Stay very far away from it if you want any progression award over about 1000. Keep in mind that Cage match was a season-ending event, with relatively high demand prizes, and I still managed top ten in it with 855 points. Top 5 was only about 960.

I was slice 5 and as a combination of a)the scores being so high , b) my season placement already being locked in, and c) not needing any of the rewards, I went to bed about 4 hours out, unshielded at 1028. I was hit down to 817 in those 4 hours and that didn't get me top 50. Top 40 at least were over 1k and shielded when left myself set for a freefall. As I would have lost imcoin.png by shielding, I think it was a good move.
  • j12601 wrote:
    I was slice 5 and as a combination of a)the scores being so high , b) my season placement already being locked in, and c) not needing any of the rewards, I went to bed about 4 hours out, unshielded at 1028. I was hit down to 817 in those 4 hours and that didn't get me top 50. Top 40 at least were over 1k and shielded when left myself set for a freefall. As I would have lost imcoin.png by shielding, I think it was a good move.

Time slices have allowed me to stop shielding when I don't need the covers (which is the majority of PVPs) and it's saved me a ton of HP. I agree it makes a lot of sense. My hoard is actually over 14k HP right now (though the slot for Luke Cage is going to knock it down a bit).