Simulator brackets are now at _____

Options

Comments

• lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Slice 5 with Top 10 consisting of mostly forum users is now at 318.

3d10h left.

114789 gobstopper
    106073 mohio
    98633 qiwi
    81872 Sledge
    81177 lukewin
    77924 Chasck27
    75044 Vhailorx
    70657 XKobaltX12
    68256 Sanstanya
    67524 Spoit

I applaud gobstopper, mohio, and qiwi for continuing to push. It takes the decision to try for Top 2 out of my hands, and has made this PVE pretty relaxing and stress-free for me. My days of Top 2 are likely over, unless I end up in a bracket, where no one else is working for it. I hate that they reduced the HP rewards for the subs to Top 5 for 100 HP and Top 10 for 50 HP. I have to work a little harder to get a lesser amount of HP. Last few PVEs, I could coast in Top 10, still collect 100 HP/sub.
  • Any update on slice 3?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Second sub just ended in slice 1. There are only 79 players in my bracket right now, so it should be very possible to get at least 1 Cage cover from the last sub alone.
  • IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    I'll give you fellow forumites the TL;DR version:

Work schedule has forced me to pick slice 3, and I must join my slice by the close of the day today(Sunday).

I'm not looking for a new bracket: I just need to know if the current Slice 3 bracket(for 3 star.png rosters) is more or less than 500 players.

Thanks in advance....I hope... icon_e_confused.gif
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    I think mines added under 30 people in the last day. It will still fill before the end but its sure taking its time about it.
    Wow, this slice 2 is really a 'never-filling' one. I believe it's almost full since a few days! icon_eek.gif
    Any chance that it fills today?
    lukewin wrote:
    Meanwhile, slice 5 at 365 players (gobstopper still leading)
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Slice 1 - 97.

I have no clue how you people with 10 of thousands are doing it. All my missions are only worth hundreds of points. No matter how many I do, my score is only trickling up agonisingly slowly.

(Well, I do sort of know, I just want them too icon_razz.gif )

Also just realised the thought of grinding these same nodes (for eventually no rewards) for the next two days is kinda unfortunate...
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Slice 1 - 97.

I have no clue how you people with 10 of thousands are doing it. All my missions are only worth hundreds of points. No matter how many I do, my score is only trickling up agonisingly slowly.

(Well, I do sort of know, I just want them too icon_razz.gif )

Also just realised the thought of grinding these same nodes (for eventually no rewards) for the next two days is kinda unfortunate...

Not sure when you joined the bracket but when the previous sub closed this current main had been open 15hrs which would probably explain things. Only reason I'm currently trying to hit every refresh is I am back at work on Monday so am just trying to get as many points to give me as much chance to stay in the top 10 as possible.
    Defintely don't need top 2 so wont be fighting for it if i'm somehow still close to the top come Tuesday.
  • yogi_
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Mr Stoat wrote:
    Not sure when you joined the bracket but when the previous sub closed this current main had been open 15hrs which would probably explain things. Only reason I'm currently trying to hit every refresh is I am back at work on Monday so am just trying to get as many points to give me as much chance to stay in the top 10 as possible.
    Defintely don't need top 2 so wont be fighting for it if i'm somehow still close to the top come Tuesday.

Ya, only came in once the last sub had started.

Given that I usually don't play in this sort of grinding style, I am just hitting random chunks of nodes on a rough sort of basis as both the points come back to max and my roster holds up. Hopefully can get top 50.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Mr Stoat wrote:

Given that I usually don't play in this sort of grinding style, I am just hitting random chunks of nodes on a rough sort of basis as both the points come back to max and my roster holds up. Hopefully can get top 50.

I think you may be in luck as this bracket wont even fill up half way by the end, so less competition, plus no one is hitting every refresh by forgoing sleep. I think its a comparatively quiet bracket compared to some of the ones I've been in for new character releases.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Mr Stoat wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

I think you may be in luck as this bracket wont even fill up half way by the end, so less competition, plus no one is hitting every refresh by forgoing sleep. I think its a comparatively quiet bracket compared to some of the ones I've been in for new character releases.

Yeah... hopefully. In 99% of cases, I have no intention of losing sleep for this game. It is good that everyone (or most) in the bracket will get a cover.

I miss the good old days of PvE before this 2 - 3 hour grind fiasco and the cut back in rewards; my recent 3* character roster is hugely embarassing.
  • DrNitroman wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    I think mines added under 30 people in the last day. It will still fill before the end but its sure taking its time about it.
    Wow, this slice 2 is really a 'never-filling' one. I believe it's almost full since a few days! icon_eek.gif
    Any chance that it fills today?
    lukewin wrote:
    Meanwhile, slice 5 at 365 players (gobstopper still leading)

Its full now. It finally filled a few hours before the second subs ended. I think it average just over 1 and hour for the last few days. The new bracket will not even get to 100 people before the end so anyone wanting a cover for no work knows which one to join.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    Mr Stoat wrote:

I got close to 90,000 points in the second sub, mostly thanks to rubberbanding.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My slice 2 bracket is also full now, altho I'm not sure if it's the one above.
  • Slice 3 (I think) filled up last night so should be very fresh still.

It's the one finishing in 1d 13hrs from this post.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Slice 3 (I think) filled up last night so should be very fresh still.

It's the one finishing in 1d 13hrs from this post.

I'm also in slice 3 and my bracket currently has 550 people in it. So this could be a parallel bracket, or maybe the difference is in the MMR. I'm reasonably sure I'm in a high MMR bracket since the leader (Diok Tee with 241k points, almost 50k ahead of #2) has one of the highest scores I can see (compared to people in top10 alliances), but of course I could be wrong.

Anyway, just a warning that if you join now you could end up in a bracket that is not fresh.

EDIT: My bracket ends in about 1d 9hrs (midnight CET).
  • Professa D
    Options
    S2 is SUPER FRESH. Just joined as player #50. Leader is Vladdy with 88470 and 10th place has 29,773.

1d 4h left as of time of this post.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Where do things stand now? Am I safe to join slice 2 or is there another one that still hasn't filled?
  • Where do things stand now? Am I safe to join slice 2 or is there another one that still hasn't filled?

edit: Slice 2 ending in 3hours has only 97 people so if you join, there's a good chance you'll get a Luke Cage cover (top 150)
  • inadreves1
    inadreves1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, I'm in slice 2. Clearing once easy simulator I get #25.

A silly question: what time ends slice5(the last)? I can't see it
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    inadreves1 wrote:
    A silly question: what time ends slice5(the last)? I can't see it
    Slice 5 ends in 13h 48 min.
    (598 players and Mohio is now above gobstopper!)