** Ares (Dark Avengers) **

1111214161719

Comments

  • PhillipesPhillipes Age Unconfirmed Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    2 Nellyson:

    Get rid of Spiderman.
  • optimizaoptimiza Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    CafeMaia wrote:
    Hey guys!

    I have a quick question, would really appreciate some insights:

    I want to build an Ares, but I have no rooster space for him.

    Right now I've got 6 covers waiting to be recruited, and one is about to expire in 20 hours.

    My question is, of the 3 Stars I only have ONE cover, which one would you recommend me to ditch for Ares?

    ***Storm Mohawk
    ***Hulk
    ***Thor
    ***Spider Man
    ***Psylocke
    ***Human Torch
    ***Falcon

    I also have a Doctor Doom with 3 black powers, but I don't think I wanna loose him.

    What you guys think? Should I trade any of those to build my Ares?

    Thanks already.

    Ah tinykitty, at this point you might have already ditched Spidey. While I would agree that he is the least useful, I might actually vote for Hulk depending on which cover it is you have. If it's a Green, those can come around frequently during some PVE events. I'm not sure if that even is still in rotation but there were some stories back in the day of people having a 5/0/0 Hulk because of them. Mine personally got up to 3/0/0 before I got anything else.
  • optimiza wrote:
    Ah tinykitty, at this point you might have already ditched Spidey. While I would agree that he is the least useful, I might actually vote for Hulk depending on which cover it is you have. If it's a Green, those can come around frequently during some PVE events. I'm not sure if that even is still in rotation but there were some stories back in the day of people having a 5/0/0 Hulk because of them. Mine personally got up to 3/0/0 before I got anything else.

    That was more because he was both given out automatically in the Hulk intro event and the lowest prize level, plus they ran the event twice at first (and a third time later). Since then, he's actually been pretty rare.
  • NellysonNellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Phillipes wrote:
    2 Nellyson:

    Get rid of Spiderman.

    You're crazy. I love Spider-Man. Plus, I'm the kind of guy that gets everybody. I even have Bagman! But no Yelena....hahaha
  • PhillipesPhillipes Age Unconfirmed Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Nellyson wrote:
    Phillipes wrote:
    2 Nellyson:

    Get rid of Spiderman.

    You're crazy. I love Spider-Man. Plus, I'm the kind of guy that gets everybody. I even have Bagman! But no Yelena....hahaha



    Sorry, message was for CafeMaia, I just wrote bad name. Actually, Nellyson, Im hoader myself. I have all character, so yes, even Bagman and Yelena icon_e_geek.gif
  • I just used Sunder to end a battle. Afterwards, I realized I did not get my health returned to me from the sundering... <- is that the right term?

    I thought it a battle ended on Sunder, you'd get the health back from the countdown timer. Did something change? Or was I mistaken? Anyone care to validate what I saw?
  • OnesOwnGriefOnesOwnGrief Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    zubalove wrote:
    I just used Sunder to end a battle. Afterwards, I realized I did not get my health returned to me from the sundering... <- is that the right term?

    I thought it a battle ended on Sunder, you'd get the health back from the countdown timer. Did something change? Or was I mistaken? Anyone care to validate what I saw?
    You get it back when the countdown activates and kills the enemy. Not beforehand. You could have taken more damage than you expected if you feel you didn't see a change.
  • over_clockedover_clocked Posts: 3,961
    zubalove wrote:
    I just used Sunder to end a battle. Afterwards, I realized I did not get my health returned to me from the sundering... <- is that the right term?

    I thought it a battle ended on Sunder, you'd get the health back from the countdown timer. Did something change? Or was I mistaken? Anyone care to validate what I saw?
    Sunder only returns health if you don't end the battle with its initial cast. It was always like that, too.
  • Try not to end the battle with the Sunder.
  • hey guys, its me again!

    so, I managed to get an ares to level 94...

    Im just wondering, whats the recommended build for him?

    5/3/5, 5/5/3 or 4/4/5 ??

    Thanks already
  • TrisulTrisul Age Unconfirmed Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    4/4/5

    4 --> 5 for red and green are trivial improvements.
  • Can I just say that Ares USED TO BE one of my favorite characters. Until I realized that when I use the Onslaught (green) attack. The ai (enemy) gets half my green AP. Which is fine. But them I face one and when they use it. I see their ap get diminished but mine doesn't go up. So wouldn't I technically be the enemy of the ai? I've just stated skipping over fights against him when I see them. It's completely tinykitty!!!!! I wish D3 would fix this.
  • FrankieCut wrote:
    Can I just say that Ares USED TO BE one of my favorite characters. Until I realized that when I use the Onslaught (green) attack. The ai (enemy) gets half my green AP. Which is fine. But them I face one and when they use it. I see their ap get diminished but mine doesn't go up. So wouldn't I technically be the enemy of the ai? I've just stated skipping over fights against him when I see them. It's completely tinykitty!!!!! I wish D3 would fix this.
    I've always received half of Ares' green AP when he used Onslaught against me. Maybe you saw it wrong? Wasn't paying attention?
  • If you are on a phone, you don't get AP symbols on your side like they do. Trust me, your green went up. You either had full green on your powers so you didn't notice or no green actives so you didn't notice.
  • The other possibility is that they used a Team-up but had no green AP, in which case it wouldn't give you green AP (but also, I think, wouldn't do any damage).
  • AronditeArondite Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like all of the mechanics of ares and love him as a character. I'd be stoked, but I wondered if anyone would be let down if they gave us a 3* ares? Pretty much the same as now except with bigger numbers.

    Green - damage per ap ramped up
    Red - damage amped
    Yellow - damage amped, hp cost up, healing up (~25% higher than hp cost)
  • KolenceKolence Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    If the Devs plan to make any more of the current 2*'s "lazy", I'd prefer it be one of the power-impaired characters like Moonstone or Bullseye. Ares really doesn't need it. When he's buffed in PvE he's already quite a monster. icon_twisted.gif

    But I wouldn't be upset, no. I mean, it's just one more roster slot next to all the rest of them...
  • OzarkBoatswainOzarkBoatswain Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    He was called Sentry and he had to be nerfed.
  • Kolence wrote:
    If the Devs plan to make any more of the current 2*'s "lazy", I'd prefer it be one of the power-impaired characters like Moonstone or Bullseye. Ares really doesn't need it. When he's buffed in PvE he's already quite a monster. icon_twisted.gif

    But I wouldn't be upset, no. I mean, it's just one more roster slot next to all the rest of them...
    I agree with your first point

    In my opinion, the best made lazy 3 star was captain america.
    The problem with thor and daken is they were designed to be strong as 2 stars and making them scale into 3 stars just made them overwhelmingly powerful.

    Captain America was a moderately strong that was given purpose and use in the 3 star range without taking over the game like thor and daken did when they were lazy'd.

    Ares is like thor. He was designed to be a powerhouse in the 2 star range. If they were going to make another lazy character, I'd prefer they use a weaker character in the 2 star range. I would love to see a 3 star Bullseye with a 3rd ability and a buffed black.
  • ErikPeterErikPeter Posts: 714 Critical Contributor
    Good comments so far. With the current meta shifting toward special tiles I think there is "room" for a 3* Ares, but he'd be really irritating to play against. Onslaught and Sunder are already brutal attrition powers that make him decent on defense even in the 94+ transition. Unless you dominate the match, Ares often costs you a health pack due to lucky AP timing. A 3* version with 10k HP would essentially always do so... and then look out for his double damage red (4k to your whole team) before you can finish him off. Yeah I wouldn't be "upset", but he'd be another character I just skip in PvP.

    A 3* Ares would buff Mystique a bit. And other potential RGY punishers.
Sign In or Register to comment.